1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AD on Bron's defense:"He did it the last series with James Harden."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HP3, Sep 25, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Please spare me with this fight garbage....really, this is pure crap.

baller4life315 likes this.
  2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Seriously. The casuals on Twitter and social media all love to spit out this crap.

[The guy that’s getting doubled and trapped at half court with coaches and teammates letting him down]
    just needs to FIGHT through it and WILL his team to victory. Cmon man, Harden just has to put the team on his back!!

Kkkk got it. Cool. Awesome argument.

I also love the complaints about his demeanor and body language. As if somebody like Kawhi, with his zero personality and emotion, wasn’t Finals MVP last year on a championship team.

francis 4 prez, fattz and HP3 like this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i recall one block, which was actually an uncalled goaltend

4. Asian Sensation

Key words Finals, MVP, Championship.

Where was Harden? Oh just blowing a 2-2 series against the Warriors with no KD.

Jontro likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Barely guarded Murray, fouled him almost every time in the clutch there, 0 whistles. ZERO WHISTLES.

Tim Legler even had the balls after the game to say it was smart for the Lakers to put Bron on Murray because the refs were unlikely to call fouls on him...wtf is this league man? He just said that **** casually as if it isn't a big problem in the NBA.

HP3, Richie_Rich, JumpMan and 2 others like this.
  6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden had a G League bench. CP3 didn't turn up till game 6. Capela didn't turn up at all. Heck, the only players that turned up were Harden and Tucker for the whole series.

KD played 33 minutes of game 5.... or did you forget that? He dropped 22 points in those 33 minutes. Besides, they still had 3 other all-stars out there. 2 of those all-stars can win games on their own. How many all-stars did Harden have next to him?

You just look like a fool blaming Harden for us losing that series, especially when he was highly efficient.

francis 4 prez and HP3 like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

You guys are missing the point. He didnt guard him one on one but he played free roaming mode and absolutely destroyed rockets offense. He was reading our ball movement like yesterdays paper. Harden couldnt get a shot off most of the time in clutch so stats wont tell you everything. And if you want to bring double team... you think other greats wouldnt be double teamed at half court if it would stop them? Harden just gives up and gives defense what they want - Jeff Green taking a shot

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden is the easiest guard in NBA history to double and trap.

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Lol.

Geezus you are insufferable.

10. fchowd0311

But he is and I'm tired of people pretending that Harden gets doubled so often because he's THAT GOOD rather than him just walking the **** into them and slow walking everywhere where OBVIOUSLY they'll trap the main cog of a heliocentric offense.

Yes Harden makes it extremely easy for defenses to shade and trap him. We see it routinely. Why pretend otherwise?

His stans dying on this stupid hill when it's blatantly obvious how easy Harden makes it to be shaded and denied the ball is considerably more insufferable.

11. STR8Thugg

I can agree with some of that for sure. Harden frustrates the hell out of me at times, but you just hate him. That's the difference.

12. fchowd0311

No I just call out posters everytime they make claims like "Harden is doubled the most in the league". It's a god dam self fulfilling prophecy with Harden and people just keep on regurgitating this narrative that he gets doubled so much because of how dangerous he is rather than how easy he makes it to get doubled.

Steph Curry is a more dangerous outside threat but he won't nearly get as shaded or doubled off ball because defenses know he'll discombobulate defenses as soon as they do that by sprinting and running through screens which places defenses out of position.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  13. baller4life315

Sorry, I’m not going to let you be this lazy.

Let’s see a comprehensive list first of guards that draw/drew consistent doubles and traps the way Harden does. Then we’ll go from there.

HP3, STR8Thugg and TWS1986 like this.
  14. fchowd0311

Show me a nba guard who does the "Tracy Mcgrady in Toronto" move on nightly basis.

15. baller4life315

I didn’t think you would have an actual response to that challenge.

Hyperbole can be fun, though. Carry on.

TimDuncanDonaut, HP3 and STR8Thugg like this.
  16. fchowd0311

I'm honestly not going to waste the time. Any true Rocket fan who watches this team night in and night out knows the stationaryness of Harden.

Harden when he has the ball dribbles slowly up and usually towards the double team. He also when dribbling or in a triple threat will kill 10 seconds off the shot clock at the top of the three point line WAITING for the double. Also when he passes out of a double, he stands in the same position making it extremely easy for the defense to recover off a double. He also on inbound plays rarely tries to juke and run to get free making it really easy for him to be denied. When he walks up the court off ball he often just lets the defense shade him and at most his "fight" to get free would just be some foul baiting wrestling match rather than you know... Running through screens designed to get you free.

Yes, he's extremely easy to deny the ball in the 4th hence why Harden is rarely seen doing 4th quarter heroics in the playoffs.

17. STR8Thugg

"Hakeem Olajuwon was super overrated. Scrub ass couldn't perform against the Sonics"

-fchoed

18. fchowd0311

Even during that era of Hakeem's career he upped his pts and efficiency in the playoffs while playing elite defense.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  19. STR8Thugg

Yeah I know dude.

You're just a Harden hater. I was testing if you just hate Houston sports in general or you are Skip Bayless.

Skip Bayless it is.

20. fchowd0311

Because I have a different opinion about Harden than you? Okay. I don't try to express my opinions by insulting other posters here but it seems like when Harden stans are backed in a corner rhetorically they resort to the "you aren't a true Rocket fan" or "you're a troll" line.