1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buying a new car

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by STR8Thugg, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Rockability

Rockability Member

CarBuying 101: Never tell the salesman how much you want to pay or can pay. Just ask them for the best deal that they can offer you.

Sajan likes this.
  2. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Any suggestions on where to begin searching for a moderately priced used vehicle these days?

It's nearly impossible to find private-party, used vehicles on Cars.com or autotrader, and ebay and craigslist are filled with iffy sellers and beat up cars. Are there other sites worth checking out??? I don't want to deal with dealers and pay a premium for their "services" if I can avoid it.

3. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

You might try https://www.cargurus.com/

I had it bookmarked earlier this year when I was in the market but was mostly looking around at dealerships and specialty dealers.

FrontRunner likes this.
  4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Thanks, I had never heard of them. Checking now...

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Check out EchoPark. Just like CarMax except much cheaper.

FrontRunner likes this.
  6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Thank you. I'm on page one of the results but it does look like they have good prices.

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

We've seen the crazy used car prices on cars being sold but also cars being bought up. Anyone have any luck buying popular cars/suvs w/o all the extra mark up recently?