1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I agree but I think Warren and Harris can tread that line and just give some rah rah speeches.

Would like to hear someone just talking about early voting,especially in the swing states?

Need some energy between now and then.

It's amazing how the media is trying to drum up controversy among dems, the polls would not let them dig in on the race tightening.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wait what?

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've heard quite a bit from Harris since she was nominated but haven't heard much in the last few days. I've seen Klobuchar a lot, obviously locally, but she's been on MSNBC a lot recently.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I do not think it's strange. The Biden campaign strategy is have the media focus 100% on Trump and 0% on Biden. This could, and probably will, massively backfire on Biden, as he will be seen as lacking the energy to be President... and getting out-hustled. This will likely manifest itself in a lack of ground game, which in turn, will lead to less low-probability voters actually voting. But I can see why Biden's camp is pursuing this strategy -- because Biden is the worst candidate to run for President in our lifetimes. Dumb, corrupt, dishonest, awful track record of policy, and has some bizarre issue with groping and sniffing women and children.

GOOD DAY

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I guess I am thinking about more of a rally type deal but they are not doing rallye but it seems they could something like townhalls but no questions.

I would like to see Harris do a town hall.

This is just a strange election season.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Build Back Better, Baby.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Platinum Plan?

That's almost offensive.

Details of the plan are not bad, too bad nobody believes he will actually implement them.

If I was Biden I would say the plan is good and highlight how he would actually implement them.

I have a feeling this will not go over well with his base even they know it's just pandering.

Nook, dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know why Harris isn't doing townhalls but as far as rallies the Democrats are at a disadvantage. They aren't going to hold large rallies because of COVID-19 while Trump doesn't care about the health and safety of his voters as long as they can make it to election day.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Must be rerun season

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...p-outlines-his-new-deal-black-america-n673566

Donald Trump Outlines His 'New Deal for Black America'
    Oct. 26, 2016, 7:14 PM CDT / Updated Oct. 26, 2016, 7:14 PM CDT

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So now Trump is Oprah.:D

The plan sounds good but he has lost all credibility and it looks like a straight pander.

I have to wonder is it a net negative some of his supporters are not gonna like him pandering to black people even if they know it's all for show.

Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Apparently she held a virtual town hall in Michigan last month and visited Detroit and Flint this past Tuesday.
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/po...it-detroit-flint-michigan-tuesday/5844291002/

As far as other times she's been out and about...looks like she's basically being used to target specific locations and keep a sort of low profile nationally (again, probably to ensure that the Trump team doesn't get any ammo):
    https://www.politifact.com/factchec...national-interviews-show-kamala-harris-has-t/

14. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Look at the date on that article (2016). Basically, Trump took what he put out there in 2016...added a few things (like Juneteenth holiday) and put the word Platinum plan on the top. He's basically trying to throw this out there to try and see if he can get a few black voters to question their vote for Biden late in the game...same thing he did in 2016.

Question I hope that reporters and voters ask: you've been president for 4 years...why haven't you implemented any of this in that time? Again, Trump keeps trying to run as a challenger and not the incumbent.

No Worries likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Unemployed dancer continues fake story that has already been debunked...

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

What has Joe Biden done for the Black community? Other than literally author the crime bill that put so many Black people behind bars? At least Trump is making an effort. Why be critical? Would you rather he not make this effort?

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

500 billion? Who pays for it?

If Tuck, Ing, Hannity and all the other sock puppets aren't asking that question, can't take it for real.

Cuz no one's buying it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

Did barr break the law by disclosing ballot info in order to gin up a "mail-in voters fraud" story?

PA county official: DOJ identified discarded ballots as being for Trump
    Election experts have accused the Justice Department of politicizing a still-pending investigation.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/25/pennsylvania-ballots-trump-421908

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile, at the next illegal trump COVID-19 superspreader event...

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan