1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AD on Bron's defense:"He did it the last series with James Harden."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HP3, Sep 25, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Just wanted to see what people thought about this lol. Yall already know what I think.

s3ts, RayRay10, ashleyem and 4 others like this.
  2. BleedsRocketRed

Wait.. I don't remember him guarding James 1 on 1 much at all last series ..

And let's not act like James was even shut down. AD acting LeBron is Dort or something

luckyman76, Sajan, s3ts and 22 others like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Eyeball test. I thought LeBron played great defense against Harden on a few occasional plays. I also thought LeBron outplayed Harden. They're still playing and we got bounced in 5.

RayRay10, ashleyem, Bo6 and 4 others like this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

They are still playing because AD >>>>> WB and House got himself suspended for the dumbest of reasons.

napalm06, htownrox1, Sajan and 25 others like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

He didnt. Lebron barely...even guarded James one on one. There were barely any possesions where Lebron had Harden fully by himself, everything else was either double or heavy shade. Harden actually had better stats than Lebron that series(offensively at least).

Also dude's were allow to double with no remorse because of Westbrook, they based their whole defensive game plan around it.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Exactly, they stuck AD on Westbrook the whole game. Our second best player was a net negative(by the numbers) on the court...lol, what a joke.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

What’s he smoking because I want some.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I remember Harden doing well against Bron.

Bron absolutely skull f*cked Russell Westbrook though, it was brutal to watch.

9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Lebron gave Harden some problems in the 4th. He erased Westbrook.

s3ts and WestendMassive like this.
  10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

That is a silly connection. Our loss had to do with a helluva lot more than LeBron vs Harden. For starters, they had Anthony Davis, and we had... Westbrook.

Our lack of size was not helping us in games 3 through 5, nor did House's horniness... There was also a Foster appearance that had the usual impact.

I'm not saying we deserved to win or that Harden beasted LeBron by any means, but your post is a gross oversimplification. It's basically like when people tell you who's better based on ring count, as if those are individual accomplishments.

clos4life, MettaWorldPete and D-rock like this.
  11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Give Harden Anthony Davis and the story would be how Lebron has gotten old and MDA is a coaching genius.

12. TimDuncanDonaut

AD confused LeBron with LeDort.

clos4life and francis 4 prez like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

every time AD was on Harden with no double and without like 2 guys shading towards Harden for help, Harden drew a foul, blew by him with ease, or hit a three

Lakers double teaming Harden and being able to get away with it is what won them the series...if Harden was allowed to cook in single coverage, I seriously think he would’ve averaged at least 37 or 38 on great efficiency that series

1:13 mark...that was what was happening when AD was on Harden with no immediate double

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

leroids' tackle defense on murray last nite?

the worst thing about ugly ass AD actually believing this crap is that he himself was on the other side not too long ago

2018 game 2 @GS was also one of the most blatantly rigged games of the past decade, authored by mike callahan

how quickly this fukin star trek faced collaborator forgets smh

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I actually read this thread wrong lol...Idk why I was switching Bron and AD’s name...I talked about AD, but lemme talk about Bron instead

the only challenge Bron took on was standing in front of Harden before the double came...he hardly ever guarded Harden straight up 1 on 1

a few decent possessions 1 on 1...some times he got cooked...and then a sh*t ton of help, trapping, and double teaming

even Caruso can “guard” Harden if the Lakers are just gonna send an immediate double...they beat us down tho, so they can say whatever they want I guess

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Proof is all there. He didnt do anything. Lol also one of his decent possessions was literally AD shading his right because he could because Westbrook provided no space. I counted....maybe 2-3(if im being VERY generous) of Lebron actually doing anything to stop Harden one on one. .

Reeko likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

LeBron James cant play defense laterally.

Can LeBron stay off Steroids. Talk about an addict and the NBA ignoring and not punishing LeBron.
    NBA is such rigged League, it is just way too obvious.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

yup...Lebron “taking on the challenge of guarding Harden” is fake hustle...the double was coming immediately every time

a challenge is taking on the assignment of guarding Harden straight up like Dort did...what Bron did deserves no praise whatsoever...he can’t hold Harden 1 on 1

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/harden’s-been-destroying-“king-james”-for-years.307023/

hou$tonScrew$tonTX, clos4life and HP3 like this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truth... Give Harden AD and see what happens.

HP3 likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Lakers played Harden straight up, Rockets might still be playing. MDA does does not know how to scheme against double teams and Harden loves to run right into them.