1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Fertitta Political Donations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by lnchan, Aug 28, 2020.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I do enjoy how Trump has caused a lot of Republicans to call themselves Centrist. Being disenfranchised doesn't mean centrist.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

raining threes likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just shows what an even bigger DOUCHE he is....

DD

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

I believe on many issues the current liberal ideology has moved so far to to left that it has placed me, who has historically been on the left/center, towards the right.

I believe in gay marriage, LGBT rights etc. I don't care what people do on their own as long as they are not hurting others. But when teachers now try to tell my 4 year old boy that his gender is flexible, or that he can be a girl if that's how he feels - I'm not okay with it, and it is just confusing kids.

I believe in racial equality, and that of course black lives matter. But when Black Lives Matter surround pedestrians like a mob and demand fealty like it's Sieg Heil - I'm not okay with it.

I've voted blue more times than not in my life, but when nowadays voting anything but blue is ostracized as racist, sexist, evil etc, in a democracy no less. When they tell you if you don't vote blue you are not black, the irony here - how are you free? All that, I'm not okay with.

#84 CXbby, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  5. ktex

ktex Member

He's cheap AF and a dick- that's what matters. Who ****ing cares who he votes for?? So sick of this ****.

raining threes and NotInMyHouse like this.
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

If you are referring to me, that's more of a sign that nowadays more and more leftists are calling themselves centrists.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

I mean how can anyone look at what the nba/media is doing with Brianna Taylor and call it anything else but extremism?

Can we have a discussion on "no knock" warrants, or how it was an unfortunate circumstance? Or are we really going to just keep saying "police came in and murdered a sleeping black woman" as if there were no other circumstances that prompted it, like someone shooting at the damn police. Are they really going to just treat us as illiterate sheep who can't even look up what actually happened? It's disgusting.

raining threes and harold bingo like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Black Lives Matters isn't an organization really, any random group of people can shout "BLM" and be tagged with it by media while having 0 affiliation with it. Most BLM protests were peaceful, I believe the number is 93%

As for your last point...I mean, I can gather quote from many prominent Republicans that tell black people that voting for Democrats is slavery and Democrat black people are on a plantation...

CometsWin likes this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

A mob coercing people to raise their hands is considered peaceful, and part of that 93%. Shouting down those who disobey is not illegal. It is pretty disgusting though.

I'm sure you can find a quote for anything. Who said I thought republicans were a picture of virtue?

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It has nothing to do with race at this level. The vast majority of wealthy black people have donations that look similar to this. Fighting for your race instead of bettering yourself is a concept designed to prevent poor people from uniting.

raining threes and CXbby like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, but are you saying that's 93% of the peaceful protestors? Because people take an instance of a thing and then label the entire protests as violent, this is a common tactic, people used to think MLK Jr was a 'Violent' protestor too and he wasn't liked by the majority of the country until he was dead and buried.

And you're not saying that but you're also only pointing the finger to one side.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Of course I'm not say all 93% are shouting people down, but neither are all 93% cookies and cream.

I am only pointing fingers to one side only because I was explaining why as a left/centralist I'm being pushed away from the left. I could also point fingers at the other side and explain why I'm not on the right to begin with but that wasn't the issue at hand.

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Don't think I can agree with that. Hell, just look at pro athletes. They have more money than anyone on this board can dream of, but they understand the problems that held them back... I'm not rich, but I'm certainly not poor either, and I know that racial inequity is still a major problem. And [most] minorities, no matter how wealthy, can see that. But even if you're right, joke's on whoever designed that concept, because after centuries of blatant and now systemic racism, poor people don't have much racial diversity...

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's not who he votes for it's who he supports with the money he makes from our community and how those candidates actively undermine the issues that are important to us as a community. He can vote for whoever he wants, that's just one vote. Spending tens of thousands of dollars has a much bigger effect than who he votes for and that's why he spends that money.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yawn. The both parties are exactly like one another and all politicians are corrupt thing again--it's been a meme since the 1980s and it's been so for one reason: That's what bad/corrupt politicians want you to think. That's how they keep you from drawing a distinction between any bad actor and any good actor and that's how one party--the one that doesn't want you to vote--persuades people not to vote. Why vote, after all, if both choices are the same? The parties are not the same, particularly with regard to corruption, and neither are politicians all cut from the same cloth. At least you included "with some exceptions," which I appreciate. Most don't even do that.

HP3 and jiggyfly like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut?

Link?

17. raining threes

Apparently you didn't get my sense of humor.

jdiggidy likes this.
  18. raining threes

Owners are genrally like a band of billionaire brothers.

But you may be right and Ballmer, DeVos would pickup FA's on the cheap.

19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

What teachers are telling kids all that stuff you mention? Sounds like you're just generalizing things and acting like what you said is the norm. And most protests like a majority are all peaceful. Just because there's some rare occurrence that a protests gets out of hand, doesn't mean all protests are dangerous, not to mention some of the protests that were destructive, it turns out it wasn't even the BLM protestors . Are you just repeating what Fox News tells you, since what you seem to type seems false narratives Fox News is pushing.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yep he'll suck anyone off it helps his business! Probably carries a jar of lube too.