1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Trump Plan - Set Aside The Election Results

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Sep 23, 2020.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cherry picked articles are meaningless. I expected more from you, Jorge.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

IBTL, arkoe, Deckard and 7 others like this.
  3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I am not as worried about Trump trying to change the actual results. I am more worried that he would incite some militia to take up arms. We all saw what people like Timothy McVeigh are capable of.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

The scary thing is that theres tens of millions of people who believe exactly what he said because ANON tells them. Anyone who expects us to have a peaceful transition this year is a being oblivious to the facts.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Exactly...this is the goal...to try to limit turnout any way possible.

No one is helpless at the moment...everyone has a vote, which scares the crap out of the President and the GOP. Use it and force them to act irrationally...don’t just submit to their whims.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

In different times, with a real republican as president...

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What exactly are they attempting to "reform"?

By all appearances , any change is proposed by the other party ... be that good or bad. The GOP is the party of the status quo.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Hmmph .... the echo chamber has spoken.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

In case you've missed the last 4-5 months, it's not the Republicans who are not being peaceful. It's very clearly the Democrats. I can't believe I have to explain this.

B@ffled likes this.
  11. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Let’s take a look at the transfer of power from Obama to Trump. Peaceful? Well, not much violence but it wasn’t an honest transfer buy any measure. Obama’s staff spies on him, the appointees left over undermined Trump because they disagreed with his policies (which he ran on) until they eventually were fired, most in shame. And almost all the firings were met with criticism when Obama fired all the Bush appointees day one.
    This whole idea is projection. It falls right in line with every Dem. scheme. It will be the Dems who won’t accept the results and it will be the Dems who violently riot....just like they are campaigning now through BLM and the crew who call themselves Antifa. Projection.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Bingo, you nailed it. It is shocking to me that people can't see this. But then again, I always have to remind myself that I'm in the top 1% of the top 1% of intelligence globally.

IBTL likes this.
  13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Thread continues with the poem

FranchiseBlade, jiggyfly and adoo like this.
  14. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Lol...growing old sucks the big donkey doo for you. This is the best you can come up with. Aging has not been kind to you old hippie. LMAO

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#95 Xerobull, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Nook, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The very debate we are having is whether Electoral votes will reflect the popular vote in the states. I think that's a pretty big attempt at "reform".

It's already been pointed out how McConnell in 2016 created a new precedent regarding USSC confirmation that when it doesn't suit him completely ignores or throws out caveats that were never brought up before and that Lindsey Graham specifically said wouldn't apply. That's not even recognizing their own status quo.

The reason why we are even having debates on the USSC is regarding major changes that could happen with a larger conservative majority that could do away with things like abortion, the ACA, Voting Rights Act and etc...

Trump has said in the next term he will do away with the Payroll Tax which funds Social Security which essentially will do away with Social Security as we know it barring another funding mechanism. During his first term he's already made major changes to immigration, even before COVID-19, strained long standing alliances, while he and Barr and have greatly undermined the independence of the DOJ to serve the President.

The GOP as of now isn't the party of the status quo. If anything is the party of radical change.

IBTL, B-Bob, Deckard and 4 others like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, wut?

No peaceful transition? Do you know what peaceful transition even is? By your post, it seems like you don't. Obama was there at his inaugeration lol, was there talking to the man, EVEN GAVE THE MAN ADVICE!

Obama warned him about Flynn for example, tried to help the man out...but Trump is an idiot.

As for the Dems violently rioting...yeah, that's what happened when Trump won, right? Violent democratic riots?

You guys live in a fantasyland.

IBTL, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am glad some people are pushing back on the doom and gloom.

People are using these scenarios to clickbait and raise their profits.

It's becoming a race to come up with different scenarios of how Trump can steal the election and in these scenarios there is lot of hand waving away of the roadblocks that are presented in these scenarios.

Most of these scenarios also involve every republican politician acting like a borg hive or glaze over the fact that Democratic gov run a lot of these red states.

Was watching Morning Joe and there where 2 academics pushing the electors theory and when the democratic governors was brought up they ignored it.

I am all for raising the alarm about stuff to look out for but its getting a bit out of hand.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. astros123

astros123 Member

I don't know why i bother coming into this section of the website. Every now and then I get lured in by a clickbait title but then i quickly realize that its the same circle of people arguing the same points in just different threads day after day.

This section gets stressful. I have no idea how some of you guys do it. God bless everyone.

IBTL and B-Bob like this.