1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

200,000 Americans dead, no end in sight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A) I never said you were anti-mask, but your post does show you don't believe masks are effective
    B) Not sure what you are saying about Chinese culture. Hong Kong is the same culture but they are fiercely democratic and yet....still wear masks! So does S. Korea, Taiwan, and other asian countries that are not communist.

To say that Chinese people are all drones because of their culture which makes them suited for communism is kinda racist to be honest.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Donate to his challenger's campaign. Even $10. Send him a message.

Meanwhile, Associated Press goes in: well-reported dissection of the disaster and our President's approach.
    Correctly illustrates this executive at war with his own scientific staff.

https://apnews.com/2c6af8d90eb758cbaa3a40c3cbd7c515

edwardc and RayRay10 like this.
  3. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

While I sort of agree...the problem is he's unlikely to lose that seat. If you're going to donate to out-of-state campaigns, donate to Harrison in SC, Greenfield in Iowa, Gideon in Maine, Cunningham in NC, Bullock in Montana, Hickenlooper in Colorado, Kelly in Arizona, Peters in Mississippi, Jones in Alabama, Perdue and Warnock in Georgia, and Hegar in Texas. Dems have a good/decent chance to flip (or retain in the case of Peters and Jones) those seats.

rocketsjudoka, B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I didn't say anything about masks in masks in my first post *******

Jesus the Sweet Lou got no life two step. Argue about something no one said. When its pointed out to said ******* that no ine said that, ******* tells you he is so smart he knows what you're thinking

Now im anti mask and i think Chinese people are drones. Jesus i made a post about their government
    Go argue with your b**** instead of making **** up and then arrogantly telling me you know what i think

Their culture is suited to communism because its the only place its worked. I dont care that they are communist. It works for them awesome for them

#64 pgabriel, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    generalthade_03 likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You are one of the worst posters on the BBS as you can't have a civil debate without going apeshit lol.

When you say, "CHINA MUST BE LYING - HOW DO WE HAVE 200K DEATHS AND THEY HAVE NONE" - you clearly lack the ability to think critically and realize the answer is MASKS.

That was my point.

The problem with the US is you have dumb idiot conservatives who have turned wearing a mask into a political statement. That's why we have so many deaths and East Asia has it under control. But NOOOOO - it's all about COMMUNISM

Dude, you have no right to call anyone anything given how stupid you are.

HP3 and RayRay10 like this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Quite simple.

Im not debating if masks work. You say they wear masks. Fine. But you were responding like im anti masks with the smartass "see masks really work" comments. So when i say im not antimasks you respond i must be anti masks because of my Chinese government comments

Is their government trustworthy?

But even worse you tell people you know what they really think all the time. Its text book arrogant troll the entire bbs NewYorker b.s.

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Its headshaking that he has been allowed to get away with it.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Sweet Lou 4 2

and im not anti communism. The point is conservatives here view wearing masks as government control. Im actually agreeing with you but you're too caught up in telling people what they really think

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Are you pro communism?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's not head shaking, we have multiple undemocratic, effectively unaccountable branches of government at all levels that reinforce each others' failures and become less representative over time as one group tries to enshrine permanent minority rule.

But...it's what the framers intended! So, just wait around, don't think of any structural remedy except vote, and if you're disenfranchised, vote harder.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. If many more people voted in WI, MI and PA we wouldn't be in this situation. If Democrats could've taken the Senate in recent years we wouldn't.

If you think voting isn't the answer then you're doomed already because none of the changes you propose will happen unless Democrats win the Senate.

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

I get your point but my vote is only one of many that will be needed to make real change.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's not that voting isn't part of the answer, it's when fools tell you that voting is the answer to try to shut down other answers.

It doesn't work when the structure is rigged to count your vote less, which is how you get more votes in national elections over and over again but still lose.

Look at Wisconsin

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  14. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I had a few unfortunate conversations with him and he gave me a headache. Sour Lou seems a little unhinged. Lol

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I dont' care if you are pro- or anti- communism. I don't even care if you are anti- or pro- mask, neither is the point I am trying to make.

My point is that you failed to credit masks and assumed that China was just cooking the books. I was pointing out your LOGICAL FALLACY. It doesn't matter if you are pro-mask. I am not telling you what to think or what you do think. I am pointing out WHAT YOU MISSED IN YOUR STATEMENT.

Got it?

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Sir or ma’am ,...I need you to please calm down.
    On a side not Fauci said the vaccine will be possibly this Fall. The end is nigh

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, just pitched in to a bunch of senate races in states not my own. Never done that before, but... desperate times.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Distribution of the vaccine to the public isn't feasible this year. They can have a vaccine but still not have the means to mass produce and distribute this year.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have done the same.

NewRoxFan and RayRay10 like this.
  20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I know. Still good news tho