1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Ravens @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2020.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Rushed four against five and three of them got through with ease.

2. Texanstradamus

This team will not recover from this they now face 0-3 in the face with no way to improve the team next season O’Brien traded all these picks for one playoff win it’s time for him to go there is nothing g left to see from him this team is starting to ignore his voice and by week 5 they will have fully tuned him out

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

A friend of mine on Facebook commented on how he's resorted to hoping we lose games to improve draft position. I had to remind him that the Tunsil trade included our 1st and 2nd round picks in 2021.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Victorious

Victorious Member

That was on deshaun. Threw at his feet. That's why Watson was frustrated there, he knew he had him

Hank McDowell likes this.
  6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

One of my biggest issues with this team, and specifically BOB is that there is always a jackass excuse/lack of accountability when things don't go as scripted. I didn't watch or listen to the post-game press conference, but I can already hear it in my head. Something along the lines of:

"Well you know John, we moved the ball okay, I mean I think we moved it alright, but we had that 4th and 1 we didn't convert early in the game which put our defense in a tough spot. Then any time you turn the football over that leads directly to points that makes it tough on your offense. The throw Deshaun made that was intercepted was a heck of a play by their defense, but it's something we really need to avoid at that spot in the game. When you do things like that and compound your mistakes, it's gonna make it really tough with respect to winning the game..."

It's such a loser mentality, and I ****ing hate it. I also hate using Dallas as an example, but their game yesterday is the perfect example of a team shooting themselves in the foot over and over, and then gutting up and digging themselves out of the hole they created. Cowboys basically had 4 turnovers in their first 4 drives (3 fumbles lost, 1 failed fake punt), got down 20-0, 29-10 at half, then had another failed fake punt in the 4th quarter down 2 scores. Yes they got lucky as hell to get an onside kick at the end, but they didn't just roll over and die slowly. I mean yesterday we literally went for it on 4th and 1 in the first quarter on our own 30, didn't bother to run the football on 3rd and 1 (presuming they knew they would go for it anyway, so that's ridiculous), then after doing that decided to kick a damn FG down 23-10 in the 4th Q. I mean? Why, so the score looks more respectable? I guess bro...

Then when the game was admittedly over, just go ahead and punt it down 33-16 late in the game. The mindset is like that of the CPU in a Madden game. It's beyond frustrating and completely ridiculous any way you spin it.

**** BOB, **** Tim Kelly. On to Pittsburgh.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On the bright side, the lucky losers on our team made thousand of dollars yesterday playing a sport where they exert an average of less than 6 minutes of energy and effort on the field. That would vary with offense or defense obviously. Now that my friends is the American Dream.

"An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes."

"The 11 minutes of action was famously calculated a few years ago by the Wall Street Journal. Its analysis found that an average NFL broadcast spent more time on replays (17 minutes) than live play. The plurality of time (75 minutes) was spent watching players, coaches, and referees essentially loiter on the field."

"The average NFL game includes 20 commercial breaks containing more than 100 ads. The Journal’s analysis found that commercials took up about an hour, or one-third, of the game."

"An average play in the NFL lasts just four seconds."

https://qz.com/150577/an-average-nfl-game-more-than-100-commercials-and-just-11-minutes-of-play/amp/

CometsWin, BigShasta and Red.Glare like this.
  8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

JJ Watt will play for the Packers or Bears next year.

tmacfor35 and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

The Chiefs and Ravens are far superior to the Texans and quite frankly the majority of the NFL. I think the General is right, we start 0-3 and then finish up 10-6........then I would say we eek out a win, maybe 2 in the playoffs. Overall it looks fairly respectable, and Mcnair keeps BOB....rinse and repeat the same BS for the next few years.

SWTsig and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Texans would be smart to trade him for picks.

This team needs a lot of help.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I hate the idea, it might be the only way to get some picks back.

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I watched that clip over and over, position by position on the line, and it wasn’t anything unusual. He stepped up into the pocket, which is routine, and made a throw that didn’t connect. It wasn’t great line play, for sure, but it wasn’t a good example of terrible line play either. More or less just an average missed play really.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Mind boggling.

Where was David Johnson early?? Why the same dumb formation for almost a quarter? Where is the WR separation? Offensive line is BAD - REAL BAD!! Makes no sense!

Hey big ups to the defense!! they played with some heart. they sorely lack talent on that side, but they were out there putting it on the line - you take away the dumb ass turnover on downs and Coutee's fumble and the game could have gone in our favor (yes thats optimism boys!)

Im still utterly depressed at the offensive play design, formation, execution. Watson is regressing under Obrien - especially when he's getting pressured on half of all passing downs so far. Who can really be successful under that duress? How long before he gets the DAvid Carr happy feet syndrome (some would say he's already developed that) we've all seen this before and yet the owners are OKAY with letting it happen again!

just blows my mind.

7 years and not one time has an OBrien offense been efficient or in the league leaders for DVOA or any other metric that judges offensive football. What else can you do?? Instead of paying Watson maybe go after Brady (like he would really want to come play with OBrien in the first place) but if he's the only guy who can make this offense go then you have a real problem.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

What happened to Fuller?

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He was sliding to his left and moving up in the pocket away from the pressure while his receiver is heading the opposite direction. It’s a tough throw for any QB.

My issue is that our pocket looks like it’s setting Up for a screen on this play when it should be blocking for their QB. That’s sarcasm.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree about the pocket. I’m also seeing a lot of free runners with doubles on Oline, not sure who’s setting the protections but they are missing completely. Whether it’s Martin, Watson or coaches, it doesn’t matter but to have free runners and no slide towards that way, hell there were countless free runners right up the middle.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you are Miami, how happy are you right now about owning the Texans' first and second round picks next season? This team has what it takes to be one of the worst in the league.

Rudyc281, justtxyank and King1 like this.
  19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ravens showed blitz and both tackles still got beat bad one on one. Fulton was also late picking up the LB. Ravens ended up only rushing 4 players and 3 got through with barely a hand put on them.

Watson was off the mark as well but ultimately this play was just a microcosm of the past two games. Texans need to make a play bad and opposing team just have a better play called and execute.

conquistador#11 and Houstunna like this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If you only had one guess for 1 million bucks what would you guess?