1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Ravens @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

OLine still sucks.
    Deshaun still holds the ball too long.
    Still can't scheme WR open.

It's all related.

Not a good combination.

Houstunna and deb4rockets like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I dont even think we have the offensive power to beat jaguars, literally scored a 30 bomb today.

BigShasta likes this.
  3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I posted the similar prediction in the page 22.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You can judge something on personal progression. Watson hasn’t improved on his weaknesses. If he is the elite talent that we hope he is, that should happen regardless of the coach.
    O’Brien is garbage.
    Watson is still making stupid plays or rookie plays.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'll have to improve to earn another big payday. He's had 2 mediocre at best performances thus far this season, that's not gonna cut it.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i had a nice nap and just woke up to see texans down as per usual. nice.

root for the home team? if the home team cared.

this ownership group is not worth it. i wish they were. sorry about that

Nook likes this.
  7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Cooks was pretty good today too.

8. Texanstradamus

This team needs a culture change from a coaching staff stand point

Nook, red5rocket, gatsby and 2 others like this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I agree. This team is not strong. Too finesse and too many betas.

gatsby likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Umm. No if u have a sht teacher fixing or adjusting the team to make it as hard as possible for u 2 fail, watson is never gonna succeed. Im willingly to bet my membership on this forum watson will succeed if he has any competent coach.

Sht coach = sht talent progression, its not rocket science. Your logic literally makes a coaches job obsolete, like if a player has talent he just magically develops into a god by himself.

gatsby likes this.
  11. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

BoB is that you? It’s been trash for years

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yea scoring 16 and 20 points isn’t great man

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree to an extent. If it takes coaching to make you elite, then you aren’t truly elite.
    If you need a coach to make you analyze and get the ball out faster, then you’re not elite.
    I get the importance of a solid coach and game plan, transcendent players transcend.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  14. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

That’s just pure nonsense! Everyone knows they are going to build him a statue outside and name the stadium after him.

javal_lon and Remix like this.
  15. showa13

showa13 Member

There’s just so much wrong with this team. Deshaun has his faults, the oline has no chemistry/synchronization, the defense is average, but idk how you can watch this and not see that everything starts with BoB. Coaching is abysmal, I truly believe most of us here could coach circles around BoB. There’s no point in hoping as long as BoB is coaching. I think he would ruin any team he becomes coach of.

everyday eddie and deb4rockets like this.
  16. magman

magman Member

It's starts from the top, ownership and front office seem to be apathetic to winning. They let O'brien gain more and more power, and incompetence is in every level of this team.

The changes to Offensive and Defensive Coordinators weren't even really changes, just glorified promotions, and the team looks exactly the same.

No tempo for 7 years, no urgency, questionable playcalls in key situations.

More and more of the same.

Buck Turgidson, BigShasta and J.R. like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Entirely predictable. Steelers up next-woo!

Tired of talking about Bill. Until Cal McNair cares, I don't care.

Demand more. Expect more. Stop being OK with just OK.
    (but but but we might take a step back from 9 wins/year! but but but it could always be worse!)

"I was encouraged by the progress that our team made on the field this year. I am proud that we provided our fans with many thrilling victories at home, including a playoff win, and we delivered another double-digit win season." - Cal McNair

"We had many thrilling home victories (like 13-12 over the Jaguars!), and won a playoff game (which where we were down 16-0! and proceeded to get blown out the next week! And blown out by the Colts 21-0! And the only time we've won in the playoffs was vs. the Raiders 3rd string QB!)

Don't feel bad for any of them mother****ers. Nope, not even you Deshaun. Signed up for 6 more years with this trash organization, trash coach. Yikes!
    "I love Bill O'Brien! I'm gonna ride & die with OB!" LOL OK...good luck.
    (but but but what else is he supposed to say!? He's not gonna throw his coach under the bus! -- Nothing? I do think he really likes the guy/playing for him.)

Mahomes is here. LJ is here. Not.going.anywhere. Kyler lookin' reeeeaaal good with Kliff! Joe Burrow. Josh Allen. Jimmy G. Goff with McVay.
    We'll see about Justin Herbert but going head to head with the Chiefs in his first start. And we'll see about Tua.

And Bill, well he can always scapegoat his first year play-callers on both sides of the ball (or someone else. Always someone else.)

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He only worked on it last year then he stopped that's why it's not all that great yet. Plus it takes a few years for younger oline men to get great chemistry.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Worst defense in the league no question.

You let Mathieu, Clowney, Jackson, Reader go and replaced them with? Murray? Blacklock who just got ejected today? Milk carton Mercilus cashing them checks though.

Hopkins traded so Fuller can be your # 1? How’s that working?

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No elite player became elite from the beginning, they need a coach who helped them along the way, hence the coaching role.

Name one player that played the game and became a god, and u can literally list the coach that was right behind him helping him reach that peak.

Like you are literally arguing that elite players are elite without coaches assistance. Whats the point of oline coach, dline coach, conditioning coach?

JayGoogle likes this.