1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's keys to the off-season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 18, 2020.

1. rocketseagles07

He’s a way better catch and shoot 3 point shooter than I thought... but he doesn’t move off the ball

harold bingo and Jontro like this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. I’m pretty anti-Tilman, but those saying PJ needs to get paid make me sympathize with him (TF). Are you guys nuts? We have him locked in at 7M next year and I can’t imagine how much he will regress two years from now. And you want to get into the luxury tax for him? I know you gotta spend to win but there’s a line.

3. riko

riko Member

Get a real center even if it’s McGee for Christ sake and if you ant to be a three point shooting team atleast get a couple of shooters.
    Get JVG as the coach with Gentry as his assistant

Real center

Improve rebounding but adding a rebounder

Get real shooters

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Morey's goal this off-season should be to move the goal post.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Priority
    A) get rid of westbrick
    B) get rid of westbrick
    C) get rid of westbrick
    D) get a coach that is really good with the fundamentals,player movement on the court, turn iso ball into a 5 on 5 game!
    E) get a center now that westbrook is gone.
    F) get a pg that isn't a dumb as bricks and can shoot and who's body will hold up.

harold bingo and juanm34 like this.
  6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Get Grant to Houston. Him. And Covington in the backcourt would be great. I would trade Tucker to get Grant here

7. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

PJ turns 36 in May and still has 1 year left on his 4-year Rocket deal at $8MM. There is NO WAY that he should be extended. Either trade him now, or let him play out his contract and retire or sign elsewhere as a free agent. Let's say NO to a new or extended contract for a 37-year old PJ, when we already will have other players (Beard, Brodie, Gordon and RoCo ALL past their peak)...

Personally I'd be shopping a package of Gordon, Tucker and House and see what I could get in return that would get us younger, longer, better shooting and/or more athletic.

8. realonemo

realonemo Member

Is JJ redick a possibility ?

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea
    Another is moving Gordon. He didn’t help at all. Well maybe one game against OKC and 1 against the Lakers. Then he disappeared the rest of the games. Couldn’t buy a 3 or a 2. We need to move him ASAP.

We do need a good shooter, we been saying that before the trade deadline. But we didn’t get any consistent shooters.

We do need a coach that will challenge our players, holds them accountable but is encouraging. Someone they respect too so that they can walk all over him like McHale. Having JVG as our assistant coach would be nice but I wouldn’t want him as our HC. Harden already plays a lot of minutes. Now bring Jeff and he will be playing 45mpg.

Also finding a center/forward that can shoot 3s. Not for heavy minutes but someone that can spread the floor and at least have some size inside. That would be nice but hard to get.

would be nice having 2 shooters. Bringing everyone back but House and Eric. House because of what happened and Idk if the players will be ok next season. If they are then bringing him back will be fine. But Eric should be gone next year. Also we don’t need dead weight or players that won’t even play, like Chandler or Clemons.

Also that’s where another coach will help. A coach that will play more than 7 or 8 players. You need those energy guys during the season and you sometimes find a diamond in the rough. That’s how Dort got it’s minutes and shined. MDA was stuck on his short line up and we hardly saw anyone else except in garbage time.

another is maybe bring back Gerald Green :]
    I’ll take green over Clemons.

10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Maybe Minnesota
    We get KAT :p
    He would stretch the floor nicely but I doubt he gets traded and his defense is meh. Well harden got better, KAT could get better too

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he gets one or two keys right, this team could contend to get out of the 2nd round with favorable matchups.

I think it will be harder to win a ship next year.

This year with the bubble was a unique opportunity, only the Heat and Denver seem to make a run and get it right.

Teams like the Suns who went 8-0 are back, GSW is back.

Teams like the Wolves look to be improved as well. They got the 'pick'.

#31 daywalker02, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No way they trade KAT after winning the lottery, they are more than confident in him staying now.

13. Actsao

Actsao Contributing Member

Cut Danuel House for the crap that he pulled in the bubble

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

1. Find a puppet coach
    2. Sign some minimum free agents who will "outperform their contracts" (See #4..."Look, Tilman is not restricting me. Tilman is great. Tilman is ready & willing to do whatever it takes to win. He's ready to spend. We're saving our MLE for during the season where we can be competitive in the buyout market!)
    3a. Open his mouth & say something stupid
    3b. Proclaim how great they are, one of the "top title contenders"; "We really like the roster we have. It's not gonna be easy, we have to go prove it but I really think we are the favorites out West."
    4. Kiss Tilman's ass

"They have their exceptions but are unlikely to use them entirely to avoid being hard-capped, though they do have some rotation spots that could be attractive to free agents."

"The Rockets have the $9.3 million midlevel and $3.6 million biannual to spend, but seem unlikely to use all that and trigger a hard cap."

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Redick's first choice are the Fakers.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You forgot part 2. Fail to buy into the draft with the $4 million remaining left from last season. Then Morey says : Mr. Alexander errrr Tilman gave me the green light to be aggressive, we had a few opportunities but just wasn’t the right time to pull the proverbial trigger.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alexander did buy 2nd round picks though.

This was the only aspect I sort of appreciated.

#37 daywalker02, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    saleem likes this.
  18. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

4. Resign

daywalker02 and saleem like this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

Houston Rockets Thunder?
    [​IMG]

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member