1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bra Bra Sources: John Lucas to be interviewed by Daryl Morey for HC vacancy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Sep 16, 2020.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Just like his shooting.. at this point in his career he ain't getting it! It'll never be there. He wants the force he can wear it wearing a diff jersey! I want Harden to win one in Houston and he isn't doing it playing next to a guy who can't control the ball although he needs it to be somewhat effective. F the Westbrook trade! Hated it when I saw it! Hate it now! I root for him cause he wears our colors but deep down I throw up and cry.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Could be service issues lol

IslandB.O.I. likes this.
  3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Also doesn't Boston Horde picks. Like they own the souls for just about every team in the NBA. They better fork some out to us as well.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Boston isn't trading for Russel Westbrook unless James Harden is coming with. Maybe we could reverse Nets them next offseason.

Harden and Westbrook for Tatum, Smart, Williams and 4 draft picks.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Calm down my friend, I agree to an extent.

I have said in a previous post days ago. Westbrook needs to get away from his athleticism and lean more towards
    improving his skills. Shooting 3’s in order to fit in with the Rockets.

Get with a shooting coach all offseason and shoot the Left corner until his fingers bleed.

The other location a drive, pull up 3 from straight away. Sets up his drive even more. Again til his fingers
    bleed. As is, defenders are daring him to shoot the 3....dropping back to get an angle on his drive.

Just concentrate on those two areas. Just about putting a little more arch in his shot. Less line-drive.

As Bruce Lee would say, be more like water.....be flexible conform to any shape like in a cup or rigid and firm
    when frozen. In other words it useless to get bent out of shape over things we can’t control. The Westbrook
    contract is practically untradeable. Best to tinker with his game to improve it.

When Harden drives, Westbrook can shoot the left corner 3 or sneak along the baseline. Tucker has right corner 3
    locked up. Blake Griffin, Rondo, Rubio, and others have worked with a shooting coach and have made some improvements. Westbrook just needs to learn not to be so headstrong. Listen to John Lucas. Or well paid
    shooting coaches. It’s not like I need Westbrook to hit 3’s from everywhere along the perimeter.

But if you are still set against Westbrook.....I understand. Results are better seen than said.

P.S. I like your postings. Keep up the good work

Rudyc281 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

They would hang up the phone so quick! But if Kemba wants out after a fight then hell... maybe they'll get what they can because that is what we had to do when we traded Paul.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Why?

Harden would be the best player to ever play for the Celtics. :D

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Like i've said do you think at 32 the man is going to come in next season with an improved shot? If it were ben simmons or Giannis I might give the benefit of the doubt. A 32 yr old pg who never shot the ball well and is obviously on a sharp decline are red flags all over! If he was going to learn to shoot he could have done it while Clint was still here. Instead we had no choice but to ship him out and cater to the man's needs.

RocketRed84, HP3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don’t want to give you false hope; but Jason Kidd started out all speed up and down the court.....no shot.

First 8 seasons shot over 34% from 3 twice.......final 10 seasons only shot under 34% from 3 once. Some say he worked with a shooting coach.

Like I said, if we see results.....we know he worked with a shooting coach or self improved.
    I would have him go into the gym by 7 a.m. and leave by noon.....nothing but left corner 3’s. No dunking, no passing,
    no full court dribbling. Just all in the wrist, dip your fingers in the cup (rim), shoot over someone holding a long handled
    broom about 2 feet in front of the rim. Be able to shoot it in his sleep. Worth mega millions of dollars per year.
    Maybe even worth $43 million a year......to the Rockets.

Only thing is, there is no time to waste. Season might start early December.

RocketRed84, tycoonchip and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Jason Kidd was the same age as Russ in the year he learned to shoot. Maybe that's why we are interviewing him. Have Russ there and have him teach him how to shoot during the interview.

napalm06 and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

No one will ever respect his shot enough for it to matter. I'm sorry but it is what it is. I donno if he'll ever be good enough for defenses to respect his shot and give Harden the spacing he needs.

12. Damion Laverne

Westbrook jumps too high on his jumpers and he shoots on the way down

RocketRed84, HP3 and raining threes like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I said the exact same thing on twitter yesterday.

Rudyc281 and Nook like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

When the Rockets could not figure out the Lakers in game 4, they lost their mojo. They are LOOKING for COACHING ANSWERS and didn't get them from MDA and they felt helpless. Their play showed it. Same for game 5.

MDA's voice was lost at that moment and they did not believe in him anymore.

RocketRed84, Rudyc281 and Nook like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

That is EXACTLY what a cultural reset is.

The Spurs did it.... the Raptors, Heat and the Nuggets.

You have a common commitment of principles like innovation, hard work, fundamentals and personal responsibility and it is taught from the top of the organization down to the coaches and players. It requires a financial commitment from ownership to hire additional people to spend time at the developmental and scouting level. To be willing to buy draft picks and make calculated risks that may pay off in 3 years instead of 3 months.

Have interns and player development folks going between the G-League and the NBA franchise to ensure the uniformity is happening. Don't build a team to beat the Warriors, build the best basketball team that you possibly can. View this as an ever growing franchise. The Rockets have plenty of people on the analytical side of the equation, but not on the actual physical scouting side.

Have panels where coaches have responsibilities and discuss and round table things. That is what the Spurs and Nuggets and Raptors all do. The head coach should have assistants that he/she trusts and can delegate. Daryl Morey was wrong to choose the assistants for his head coach. Morey isn't on the floor coaching or practicing, the head coach is.

Honestly, the Rockets operation is Mickey Mouse compared to what some other organizations are doing... the Rockets under Morey pride themselves on being progressive, then actually be progressive. At this point do not look simply to trade for or sign a free agent star as the top way to improve. I understand that under Alexander the Rockets had to win now, and draft picks were mediocre. However, push for Tillman to understand that the draft is the most economically efficient way to improve per dollar.

Rudyc281 and Deuce like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Yes. It was clear, the Rockets were waiting for adjustments and/or something from their coach and it didn't happen. In hindsight, we should have know after seeing game 7 against the Thunder. The Rockets won but easily could have lost that game........ also, I haven't heard anything specific but I suspect the House situation wasn't handled well either.

Deuce likes this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The last thing we need is another Harden puppet.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

I will also say, that the Rockets were also very clearly gassed after game 3. Going into that 4th quarter and beyond, it was very very clear that these guys were dead tired. I dont know if they didnt believe but I do think they were just dead tired. The same thing happend in the regular season where went on that losing streak.

Remember we saw that report from scouts that said the Rockets were gassed.

RocketRed84 likes this.