1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Ravens @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2020.

1. raining threes

Payne knows which routes are supposed to be run?

Carrying water for Watson.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

The amount of negativity on here is not surprising, but it is depressing. Hopefully we can get a W and prove all these miserable people wrong. I wouldn't count on it, but if I didn't have hope like more than half the people on here I wouldn't bother watching.

AstrosRockets1818 and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. SuraGotMadHops

Ravens blow it out but we score twice in garbage time to make it respectable. Ravens by 10.

Blatz likes this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Hey, it's not all negative here ...

Rudyc281 and STR8Thugg like this.
  6. STR8Thugg

I get that. The negative people are just louder than everyone else. I get being frustrated, but it seems like a lot of people on here just read box scores and prefer for us to lose so they can come in with their "hot" takes. Even when we win, it's qualified with a bunch of caveats. If I didn't enjoy football I wouldn't watch it, so I guess I just can't relate. When we play like **** I am as mad as anyone the day of, but I try not to bring that energy the entire week (especially when we lost the season opener to the defending champs). It's a long season, and I remain hopeful.

7. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

This game will be ugly.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

why not? people are transfixed watching disasters. some people want to feel justified. not everything is going to be rainbows and unicorns, and especially when so many excuses and the abundance of optimistic energy keeps getting muddled along with incompetence. A guy like you deserves better!!

I've been watching the same exact show for 7 years - hard to stop now. I try to find positives and just feel like giving my undying support to an organization who seems lost at the top isnt the best use of my fandom.

for example ... guys like to be overly critical of Deshaun Watson and his poor reads, time to throw, sacks etc... but not very often do people really peel back ALL the layers to diagnose the who/what/why/when/where of the situation. Too lazy to just say Deshaun cant run the system, when nobody can run the system!

crossing fingers!!

9. STR8Thugg

The guys that criticize Watson don't have a clue. Yeah his passer rating isn't 158.3 every game. Seriously, learn more about football if you think Deshaun is the problem.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Misery loves company

11. vick

vick Member

Ravens 38 to 17. Give the points.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think the problem, at least for me anyway, is excuses get made for Watson like crazy. I agree, O’Brien is not good. The offense is predictable and not really QB friendly. But Watson hasn’t improved in the areas discussed. Is it all his fault? No. Is it some his fault? Absolutely.

All the talent in the world. Is he going to be Aaron Rodgers or is he going to be Marcus Mariota?

raining threes likes this.
  13. STR8Thugg

Everything was fair until the last sentence. Mariota? Seriously?

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

All I meant was, would he maximize his talent or devolve into bust territory. Mariota has all talent in the world but didn’t translate.
    Obviously Watson has done way more in his first few years, it just seems to be going backwards on some things.
    I love this kid and want to see him succeed

STR8Thugg likes this.
  15. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

It's going to be a tall order to beat the Ravens, but definitely not impossible. I don't forsee them winning, but they may very well surprise us all.

TAB and STR8Thugg like this.
  16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Just like @STR8Thugg I agreed until the final sentence.

At the same time, BOB is suppose to be developing Deshaun to be better but we aren't getting that. Some of that is on Watson and some is on BOB.

Everything takes too long to develop. I watch other teams play and there are tons of quick routes. 6-8 yards here and there. Misdirection screens. Seems like our backs are always open in the flat and right over in LB territory. A healthy David Johnson should be perfect for Deshaun since our WRs don't seem to get much separation but he doesn't really look for the backs and that's on him. He goes for deeper routes more often but the shorter routes are there.

I know the organization is saying they have a chance against the Ravens but do we really? o_O No one is expecting us to win this game so we should be throwing everything against them. Try things we haven't before.

17. STR8Thugg

Ravens 84 Texans -6

Lamar Jackson with 6 passing touchdowns and 6 rushing touchdowns.

-Clutchfans

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

I would rather start the season with 6 games on the road with the likes of Clev., Bengals, Jags and Titans than having to face Reid's rubs . He would have the same result against our defense using Alex Smith or Moore. Then after that, face 2 of the leagues best defenses. I guess it's like presentations back in Jr High. Go first and get it over with.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

You really think they're only going to score 38 against us?
    You really think we're going to get that many points against them?

Such an optimist.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, I think it’s system and Watson though. It’s no secret he holds on to the ball too long, trying to make the spectacular play or system? I’d say it’s probably bit of both.