1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Prediction: Both Harden & Westbrook Will Be Gone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Furious Jam, Sep 16, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao I do not think Tilman is an total idiot, he can google Levert, he is simply a douche.

I think Nash would do a swap, Irving plus fillers for Harden.

#61 daywalker02, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Jontro and steddinotayto like this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

lol sometimes idiocy and douchiness goes hand in hand ;)

Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

We ain’t trading harden. If ppl went out to rocket games when we had Steve Francis they will always still come with harden. Let’s admit it, were hooked. We’re still watching next year

#63 jcmoon, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Patience likes this.
  4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So I am no good at this stuff, but on ESPn's trade checker they have Prince at a $3 mm figure, and basically you can't get close to this deal unless you include DeAndre Jordan's disastrously bad deal - even then I couldn't get it to work exactly sending out 7-8 nets since both teams are LT/over the cap it's very tricky for the Nets to even fill out a roster at all. But then, maybe they could hire Mike Dantoni as Nash assistant and get by with a 4 man rotation. BTW if I were the Nets I wouldn't hesitate to exchange Kyrie for Harden, they should be sending guys to Tillman's house with offers of landry's loans.

6. steddinotayto

The trade machine still has this year's cap hit. LeVert signed an extension that kicks in for next season and Prince did the same.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-nets/cap/2020/

Regarding Kyrie..I thought about that and man it's not crazy either but I absolutely loathe Kyrie. At least with Harden you know what kind of effort he can give you. Kyrie...the moment he has an opportunity to b**** and point fingers he'll immediately take it.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In the comments section I think he mentions it would be a Middleton for Westbrook swap.

8. steddinotayto

I guess the Bucks' owners are just as dumb as Fertitta.

Jontro likes this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Never trade harden. Dude is underrated. If you get off of Westbrook's contract and gain some height, ok. But never trade harden.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3 team deal...get Kyrie to Sac for De'Aaron Fox/Hield, Barnes and Bubble offender Richaun..... more interested in picks.

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Merchandise sales don't really matter, as revenue from merchandise is split evenly between all owners. If they sell tickets, that's one thing, but a team that just failed expectations miserably and doesn't change at all isn't likely to attract anymore fans. Winning sells tickets, and sometimes so does just changing... that's why I think he might try breaking it up.

Ideally, yes, Morey and/or the new HC would be making all these decisions, but we don't live in an ideal world (or Harden and Paul would already have a ring or two and still be running the show in Houston).

topfive likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Good point about merch.

And I agree.. with your logic. But then Tilman acquired Westbrook, a net negative player, for a Kings ransom. Im scared to see what he does next. He seems like the type to double down on his own ideas as the best version of risk taking.

SuperMarioBro likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what happens to Durant?

How does that go over with him?

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. riko

riko Member

If Minnesota offers Kat and the number 1 pick I would consider it but yeah Harden is the franchise so it’ll have to be a huge godfather deal.

15. riko

riko Member

Irving and fillers for Harden? Lol no thanks. Those fillers better by 5 first round picks. It’s a insult James to put Harden and Irving in the same sentence

HP3, francis 4 prez and s3ts like this.
  16. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I doubt both are traded. And I'm ok with that. We can keep shaking up our team, but that's just gonna cause more chemistry issues. I never see us winning if we keep trying to reset our team. After a couple years with a capela, harden was easily clicking with him. We can't tailor our team towards Westbrook, we gotta focus on harden only.

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

Russ has to prove himself on the upcoming season before he can be traded.

Trading Harden has embarrassed the last franchise, it will be exactly the same if we trade him. He's a top-5 player in this league, you simply don't trade players in that range unless you have a top-3 draft pick lined up, and we don't.

The only way I would ever trade Harden is if he asked for one. It's hard as it is to put fans in the stands, you can't pull a Knicks and get rid of franchise players for no good reason.

HP3 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  18. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

I actually dont think anyone really wants Harden. Has a rep as a playoff loser and costs a ton.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You don’t think emotionally, you think like a stock broker. Ironically like morey. If you don’t see much happening then you get value for James when it’s still high.

WB is good at helping his team lose so then you tank and get more pics. Celtics style

20. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Just to clarify, I myself would add JVG and tweak things, but that's because I'm a fan. I'm not at all advocating for a tank & rebuild. I'm just pointing out several factors that when combined would provide a logical basis for Tilman cleaning house this off-season, hence my prediction.

BTW, just because Morey's gotten a vote of confidence that doesn't mean that Tilman won't order a rebuild. If he's smart then Morey would be part of that rebuild and not a casualty of it. Remember, Morey has always said that Les never wanted to tank, but Morey has never said that he himself would not consider tanking. Indeed, Sam Hinkie, Morey's protege, perfected the art of the tank.