1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook made All NBA 3rd team, Harden 1st team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

First team

Giannis
    Lebron
    Harden
    AD
    Luka

Second team

Kawhi
    Jokic
    Lillard
    Cp3
    Siakim

Third team

Tatum
    Butler
    Gobert
    Simmons
    Westbrook

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nice! Does that mean we can find a taker for WB

Kim, slothy420, ak99999 and 3 others like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Looks fair

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Please stop picking centers. Gobert is not a top 15 player I don't give a **** about his defense.

5. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Damn, Paskal made second team.

I really haven’t paid attention to the Raptors all year, but that’s pretty wild to me.

Xerobull likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

"cp3 is washed up" - casuals on cf's

[​IMG]

ronclone, ThatBoyNick, Caesar and 4 others like this.
  7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

We've gave up multiple firsts and took on an extra year of salary to turn CP3 into Westbrook.

It will never not frustrate me. Unless we inexplicably win a title with Westbrook, the moment i found out about this trade will be a Houston sports thing that will forever sit with me.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

no one is going to want CP3 long term with his age and his contract

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they want him more than Westbrook.

That's not even taking all the lost assets into account.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Okay, that's it. You and CP3 need to get a room.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

As much disgusting hate as he’s got from the beginning, better believe I’m gonna throw that same energy back

HP3 and Xerobull like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

False

Xerobull likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Almost nobody here hated CP3 in the beginning. CF almost unanimously loved that trade, despite the Rox giving up a ****-ton of assets to get him.

We didn't even hate him after the hammy pull cost us a title, because he played a major part in getting us to the that point to begin with. And injuries happen, even repetitive ones.

Nobody even hated him after his lackluster season last year. It was just obvious to some of us that he was unhappy with the direction that the GM and coach were taking the team, and he clearly didn't give it his all. It was time to go because none of the involved parties seemed to want to work out their philosophical differences, whatever they might have been.

Same with Dwight when he sulked through nearly an entire year. F$#k with my team like that? Hit the road.

Hate? Nah. I just want to see full effort from our superstars, and CP3 reached a point where he couldn't give us that anymore.

D-rock, jcmoon, Invisible Fan and 3 others like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

At 34 and 35, he's going to be making 41 and 44M; compound that with his injury concerns and his value is pretty little

D-rock likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh please. Nobody hated him after last year. Nah. 100% false. This board overwhelmingly trashed him and a number of threads created to say I told you so about westbrick. So damn right there was hate all year long from the beginning. Stop it. I just haven’t bumped them all. The entire first page can be filled with them at minimum

#15 YOLO, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    HP3 likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

What about it. Still an elite player right now and how his game actually ages incredibly well. Something cf’s still has trouble understanding. He Will still be a very good player next year. And will be an expiring after that w/ his player option. His value is far from low. Another assumption that is completely wrong on cf’s

There’s a player whose value is incredibly low on this team though, it’s westbrick with his declining athleticism, broken jumpshot, low iq, 3 year super max

#16 YOLO, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Nook and HP3 like this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Luka earned first team.

CP3 is too high. 3rd team best.

Siakim not surprised, it's why I didn't see Toronto taking a massive hit in talent level.

Beal and Trae Young should be on this list. Take Gobert and either CP3 or Tatum off to fit them in.

This. Gobert has no business in this list. You could argue he isn't even top 50.

SamFisher, Caesar and hakeem94 like this.
  18. HardenVolumeOne

I hope so

19. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Sorry, I can't tell from the looks of the ESPN.com/NBA homepage.

Also... I must say... I'm a bit surprised (but not) that the headline has any mention of the Clippers choking. Given that the entire NBA community was in shock of the upset, you'd have to scroll down to know the outcome. ESPN is the worst media outlet here in the US.

20. Nook

Nook Member

He now only has two seasons left on his deal and he is All NBA Second team, coming off a season where he wasn't that far off 50/40/90 shooting and he was 10th in the league in VORP, 9th in the league in WS, 4th in the league in steals.......... and played 70 games. He is also possibly the best defensive point guard in the Western Conference.

There will be contenders that will line up to trade for him.... the issue is getting matching salaries.

Hell, right now I would deal Westbrook, the two draft swap rights and a #1 to be able to get Paul back.

LosPollosHermanos and YOLO like this.