1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Semifinals] (2)LA Clippers vs. (3)Denver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 1, 2020.

?

(2)LA Clippers vs. (3)Denver

Poll closed Sep 3, 2020.
  1. Clippers in 4

9.5%
  2. Clippers in 5

28.6%
  3. Clippers in 6

33.3%
  4. Clippers in 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nuggets in 7

14.3%
  6. Nuggets in 6

9.5%
  7. Nuggets in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Nuggets in 4

4.8%
  1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Translation: I think internally, we were ok with loosing this year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Talking smack when you are playing them is fair game. Talking smack when somebody else beat them? Nah.

TWS1986 likes this.
  3. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

This is why the Lakers are the kings of LA

To be under the spotlight constantly because of fan pressure or media pressure...only a select few can excel in that kind of environment. Kawhi and PG just showed they're small town boys in the big city. Chokers

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Thats complete BS. They were so cocky from the moment the trade went down. They fully expected to get a ring this year.

JayGoogle and T for 3 like this.
  5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Nah, that's that BS. Dude just blew a 3-1 lead on a highly favored team and flamed out in G7. He deserves all the slander he gets for this moment. Doesn't mean he hasn't stepped up in prior ones.

francis 4 prez, Patience and hakeem94 like this.
  6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yep. Weak ass excuse.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Mr. Space City

kawhi doesn't get that he's not playing on a stacked team with a top-tier coach.

8. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

LOL... Zubac might be better than Luc Longley, the other 4? not even close idiots

wondering what the media has to say about Kawhi, after trashing Harden for all these years

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kawhi has never won 2 in row.

I am pretty sure the Spurs never repeated as well.

10. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Man I am just glad there is another team is as embarrassing as the Rockets this post season.

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Lol at the clippers. Arrogant jerks got what they deserved.

Go Denver.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. omgTHEpotential

You were saying...

I'm sorry, but the crow must be eaten.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

OMG told y'all Nuggets could potentially beat them!! This is amazing though, didn't expect this, though definitely thought they could win as they have the sense of urgency and guys who show up when it matters most. Did you see how they dealt with double-teams by the Clippers? Jokic just monstruous passing, Murray key shot making and then contributions from all of them. Total team victory. Love this team and everyone should root for them. I wouldn't count them out against their Lakers!

And as happy as I am for Denver, mainly because I love Murray and the way they play, I am even more happy those arrogant punk Clippers are out! Morris again wanted to fight, threw his elbow / arm into Jokic in the 3rd and no foul called. Beverley also tried to start some **** and it's sad how he gets away with hugging opponents. That's not great defense. And did you see the excuses, fatigue?!! Really Doc?! Players couldn't play more than 3 minute stints...pathetic. Even if that's true, just say no excuses or just not say anything. Lou Williams in particular has now shown up at all in the play-offs, guess he needs those strippers.

At what point does Doc get a portion of the blame for not having these guys ready and how he keeps losing series up 3-1? Clippers were supposed to be godlike, instead load managed to death to the point of not pushing to the max. And I'm not buying that they were somehow more affected by covid or the bubble due to some players late arrival. They had the Nuggets on the brink, were up double-digits in Games 5 & 6, yet still could not close it.

Nuggets simply played with their backs against the wall and took this series by playing masterfully, working hard on defense as a team and just straight up beat the hell of the Clips. They showed a lot of poise for a young team too. Very impressed. Clippers looked scared and nervous. Nuggets deserve all the credit, coming back down from 3-1 in two consecutive series, that's unprecedented. Malone with Jokic is almost like an Adelman offense out there with lots of cutting and off-ball action.

Another bonus: Sam is free, so let's have that talk soon :)

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Don't worry about that, tomorrow they'll wake up and realize they are living in Utah.

Let them enjoy this night.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. BigTex

BigTex Member

In the 2nd half of this series Kawhi averaged 9 points on <35% FG

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Beverley tried to injure Murray at the end there out of spite..

jcmoon likes this.
  17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Basketball IQ Lesson 1:

Put the ball in the hoop.

Basketball IQ Lesson 2:

See Lesson 1

Hakeemtheking and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Fefo

Fefo Member

i dont feel bad about it, if you read my next post, i said that i was really not expecting this collapse.
    This is the fun about sports, theres al of things you just dont know that may happen. I think most people though this series was not going to be hard for the clippers, and to be honest, they where 3-1 up 15 in the 3q of game 5 and looking like that... and then, they collapsed, got outplayed, out hustle and outcoached by the nuggets.
    Montrezz really hurt them, same as lou williams and Playoff P. Even Kwahi had a couple of bad stingers on this series. They could never solve Jokic, and he destroyed them.
    Im looking forward for the lakers v nuggets now, and again ill say that the Nuggets have very little chance here. Hope im wrong, i hate the lakers haha.
    cheers

19. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Ummm, the Nuggets were the one's that just came out of a 7-game series against the Jazz and the Clippers had the extra few days rest after their first round series. Fatigue? GTFO.

jcmoon, Easy, deb4rockets and 2 others like this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the fakers immediately got foster & marc davis back-2-back after getting blown out game 1

silver didn't put his thumb on the scale for clips last nite, w/ james capers running the ref crew

fakers have been buoyed by refaid entire season and WCF should be no different

ClutchCity3 and deb4rockets like this.