1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racism has cost Black Americans $70 Trillion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Sep 14, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Black and Latino consumers pay 5.6 to 8.6 basis points higher interest on home purchase loans than their white or Asian counterparts with similar credit profiles — no matter whether they obtained their loans through a face-to-face process or online. The effect is smaller when it comes to refinancing, with black and Latino borrowers paying 3 points more.

I'm trying to lead you step by step to understand the data that shows why the average white family has ten times the wealth of the average black family. So family stability leads to more wealth. Why are black families less stable and what role did government play in that? You see as you follow the rabbit hole to the origins of the problem you have two choices to choose from. Number one is that black people have systematically been oppressed, murdered, and subjugated for several hundred years via the government and the private sector (something that still goes on today) which historically has had dramatic effects on the stability of the black family and number two is eugenics, that black people are fundamentally less able to form family bonds that promote stability which in turn promotes education, advancement, and prosperity.

RayRay10 and JayGoogle like this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Hey bro dont try gain debate points because i didnt the link. You pointed out my mistake i admited not reading it

Dont have time for the dick size measuring

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What debate points? I expected you to give it an honest read, you claim to care so much about these issues, so I expected, from someone that goes on and on about these issues, that you'd read it. That's all.

It just shows that you came in here with your talking points and your going to spam those talking points no matter what anyone shows you.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro i know about slavery and Jim Crow. They are over. We have to look at all issues and a lot are internal.

Again your first quote doesn't address different credit scores

Dont insult me thinking you need to tell me about history. Ill step by step lead you on black history. Ive gptten it from more than books

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

OK, I skimmed it a little and the numbers are already looking biased. Slavery was terrible, and I think it's fair to calculate the lost wages + interest that slaves did not earn in this exercise, but from a purely economic standpoint calling it 'free' labor is misleading. There were costs involved that need to be factored in.

Corrosion and RayRay10 like this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I came here cause you alerted me.

Good lord. You in particular

7. CometsWin

Maybe if I bold it and increase the size of it then you will read it.

Black and Latino consumers pay 5.6 to 8.6 basis points higher interest on home purchase loans than their white or Asian counterparts with similar credit profiles

You either agree that the stability of black families is as a result of the events that led to its current status or you agree that black people are inferior.

Don't punk out. Just state the reason for the current wealth disparity of black and white families without slogans, without stories, or "common sense". Don't give me rap music or bootstrapping or you grew up with this guy that never went to school.

JayGoogle and RayRay10 like this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What does similar crdit profiles mean? No im not reading whatever link cause i think that term sums up some B.S.

9. CometsWin

WTF do you think it means? And that's all I have for you today because not only are you incredibly ignorant, you have no interest in addressing your ignorance which is way worse.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because mortgages do depend on more than credit scores

Most requirements are universal but they also vary

THEREFORE I need the term defined before debating about it

I took a debate classss. Before debating y you have to start from a base of agrement and then you debate why the base is as it is

11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Well, as someone who has brought up that example, let me see if I can change your perception.

I have not (yet) read the paper referenced here, but it sounds like a very reasoned and objective piece. I also liked what seemed to be the desired path the author suggested: ie, that in order to move forward, it is important for people to have the proper frame of reference. As Nook stated, I'm not opposed to an examination of the financial impacts, even though I might question many of them. I don't think the actual dollar value is the point...the point is the various factors contained in that calculation, and the data behind them. Just seeing the excerpts in the OP I found enlightening, and informative. Hopefully others might feel the same way. They should, as I believe that most 'conservatives' would like to see an equal playing field for everyone, and this seems to indicate how that's not really the case currently, in a great many ways...and provides the background as to the things that have led up to that. I'm fine with all of that, as well as *meaningful* discussions around ways to fix it.

FWIW, where I, and I think many others, get defensive or push back on things like this is when they get tagged as something we created. I didn't do any of the things mentioned in the OP, or likely in the entire paper. I'm all for doing things to help address them. But if that includes being tagged as the cause of the problem...you've lost me, and many others. I didn't do things for which I wasn't even alive when they happened.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So, you don't actually care about these issues to read the OPs post and look into it? So you are just spamming talking points then...

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. CometsWin

The term free labor is relative to wages paid.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I did read it. Get off it bro. I was at work last night. I work a hard ass physical job an imi n a probationary beginning period. I was on break saw the alert while trying to find some Texan news

I read this at lunch and skimmed through some. Stop being a b**** jerk. Why i dont have a b**** right now

Not to mention before responding i got to read other dick riding b****es insult me about how i won't respond

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Are you serious? Black didn't have a CHOICE to come across The Atlantic. Doesn't matter if they were sold into Slavery by Africans or Whites, slaves didn't have choice. And once freed, almost all those slaves were born in the United States or Caribbean...so this was home (for better or worse).

And you cannot separate Slavery from America, it was INGRAINED. As others called it "the original sin of America". Most Blacks are more American than probably you are as their family can be traced back to hundreds of years in America. The South was built on the back of Slaves.

RayRay10 and foh like this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's a good pragmatic point, even if someone wants to say people like you and me unknowingly contribute to the problems sometimes.

There are two things that could really help the conversation: (1) clearly separating the actions of folks alive today from those of their ancestors, and that's not to say white people today aren't still in many cases contributing, even unknowingly, to the existing problems, and (2) acknowledging that the unfair system is also holding a lot of non-Black people down economically, just not with the same obstacles and impediments that Black people face.

I've said it before, but I kind of feel like we create, for example, Trump voters, each time we tell a poor or struggling white person to acknowledge their privilege. Seems more productive to acknowledge that a lot of people are struggling in the modern economy, through no direct fault of their own, and that some people have extra struggles on top of that. We can and should work on both issues.

BigDog63, Corrosion, ElPigto and 2 others like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well, there are more Whites in this country...obviously. Educational opportunity has never been equal for Blacks and Whites....has it?

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Black flight to white suburbs and crack destroyed black neighborhoods and therefore a lot of black wealth in the 80s and 90s

I have slain family memembers from crack activity whom i share family members with on Facebook who talk about the difference in opioid and crack sentences.

Im like you don't remember our cousin selling crack and getting killed? You honestly don't remember the crack epidemic?

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They are now if kids are made to focus on school work

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL, Bullshit. Inner-city schools have NEVER have the resources of a suburban schools.

RayRay10 likes this.