1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racism has cost Black Americans $70 Trillion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Sep 14, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Tjats like asking why one kid benefited from school as opposed to asking why the other kid didn't show up.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You can still put numbers on these things with solid economics. I just want the figures, though, not a huge article to sift through.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No, it's actually not. Just answer the question.

Why do whites benefits from stable homes whereas blacks don't and what role did government play in that?

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What are your thoughts on why blacks have worse credit scores?

In regard to banks lending to everyone the piece does state that blacks on average pay more interest payments so even if they are getting loans the cost is higher.

Also while banks do want to lend more who qualifies and for what amount is based on many factors. As noted in the piece blacks frequently find their homes devalued compared to white owners. As someone who is in the process of getting financing to rebuild my house the current value of the my house does appear to be a factor in how much I qualify for.

Regarding the subprime crisis that was a legitimate crisis and I certainly would agree that we do need some controls on lending and shouldn't be handing out loans like candy. That said this isn't an argument about handing out loans like candy in general but an argument about whether there are racial disparities regarding who qualifies for loans and how much do they qualify for. So far nothing you've stated counters that there is a disparity. In fact by pointing out yourself that blacks have worse credit scores is evidence of that disparity.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I have stop myself from replying to his post, the convo will never end well.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This guy.

:rolleyes:

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Ok on the mortgages it says blacks pay an extra .0.08% more. Thats not a significant difference especially if its meant as its reads that the average rate .08% higher instead of .08% more which still wouldn't be significant
    Because stable homes have more income. You are trying to ask why they aren't stable. Why stable home are more productive is a simple answer

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You realize that proves the point? That blacks with bachelor degrees earn A LOT less than whites with bachelors degrees?

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's true. I'm stubborn though. I'm convinced that after many hours of my data vs his "common sense" that he will one day say.... wow, you know your data continues to tell me I'm wrong and I've run out of stories and slogans to combat the data so you must be right. I admit it's far fetched but we all have impossible dreams.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and JayGoogle like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is racist as **** lol.

Want to know how I know?

YOU tell me why Africa doesn't have a world power. Clearly, you think there is a reason other than context and history, so you go ahead and explain it to us, you seem to know.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A lot of answers to these questions are just we have to do better

Black homes are devalued because our neighnorhoods are crime ridden

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The engineering degree earns more. We already had this discussion

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Did you read the link at all?

They were selling a home in a white neighborhood, had it valued with the black person showing the house and it was less, had it valued with a white person showing the house and it was more.

rocketsjudoka and RayRay10 like this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You know whats driving up home values in the neighborhood i grew up in that wss destroyed by the crack epidemic?

Stable Hispanic families

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, and I don't remember you proving that this is a reason they are paid less. You even stated that if you had a high-school degree you'd do fine and I remember showing you the actual data that showed black people do worse than whites with high school degrees too.

No matter the data you just look for the easy way out, blame some vague culture BS, when stable homes and traditional homes which you think is a magical fix all has decreased for EVERY one.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No i didn't read the link. I thought it said something else. Home values are damn near public information. That scenario is really irrelevant

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Okay, so lets compare that neighborhood to a white one and see how things are going. Do you have the data for that, an experiment? I guess we're just going by pgabriel's word on this one.

Let's ignore the entire history of this country because PGAbriel knows about a hispanic neighborhood that has home values that are rising.

RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So is your scenario then. Also nice to know you didn't even read it but you're commenting on it as if you had.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I proved more whites have engineering degrees. Actually you proved that with a link you provided but apparently didn't understand

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The link you provided my man also hinted that whites have engineering degrees more often because of systemic racism, you just ignored that part of what you linked.

RayRay10 likes this.