1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amick: Dantoni felt disrespected by organization, chose to quit on plane

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

It’s business nothing personal.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I fully support Mike D'Antoni who is an Italian himself in not accepting mob mentality and language.

I know Ferntits didn't mean it that way but what a douche.

If he knew about George Floyd....

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Morey didn’t renew D’Antoni’s coaching staff last season, letting Mike Finch, Roy Rogers and Jeff Bzdelik go. D’Antoni didn’t appreciate those decisions, sources said. When D’Antoni was hired four seasons ago, his job wasn’t to pick his own staff. Morey is very hands on in that aspect. In negotiations, one thing that was discussed was control and how much influence and leverage parties would have. D’Antoni was never given that freedom."

Nook

Fat ass Morey needs to step the **** back, stay in his own lane or better yet, GTFO. Fire that fat **** neckbeard already. You wanna keep him, get his fat ass down there to coach the team. He's already pulling the strings.

Imanimal, Nook, Caesar and 1 other person like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rockets are heading closer and closer to becoming the Knicks of the east

Der Rabbi, Dopamine, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  5. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

This has to do with some degree of insecurity on MDA’s end because he is low key a fraud.

For those of you who hate Fertitta, he didn’t buy the Rockets as a business decision. He overpaid and he knows he did, but he did it because he’s a lifelong Houstonian and loves the Rockets and wanted to be a part of the franchise. We will be better off with TF than MDA

Cstyle42, SORF, ashleyem and 5 others like this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I love it Tillman...what he said about the warriors series is absolutely right.

And I’m sure a lot of posters where saying the same thing after KD went down was to step on their throats and cut their hearts out.

But it rubbed MDA the wrong way?...that’s because you don’t have that killer mindset that do whatever it takes necessary to win mentality.

Cstyle42, SORF, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

At this point I think Morey would maybe like to start over someplace else. If Morey got fired he would be a very hot commodity.

Deckard, 34to11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

how dare you slander Morey on the day of his birth

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's like saying he wants to win a Michelin Star or a Beard award in his restaurant business. Obviously he doesn't. No shame in that.

HP3, DVauthrin, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

it makes Tilman look hypocritical when he’s mad that the team can’t win the ultimate prize, yet he actively seeks to cut costs and won’t invest in the roster

How are u gonna be so mad that what I cook isn’t amazing when the ingredients u allow me to buy are the quality of 5 day old leftovers, and u won’t let me pay for actual quality ingredients?

although, we really need to find out who’s idea it was to give an extension to Eric Gordon, because that doesn’t seem like a Tilman decision...if that was all Morey, then big yikes

BigMaloe, HP3, DVauthrin and 5 others like this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Tillman don’t play no games and I love it

GotGame15 and Lawlruschang like this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He won't win no championships either, you should love that too.

HP3, DVauthrin, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Of course it was moreys decision he thought EG was our 3rd star and paid him like one.

Now Tillman wants EG trades I guarantee it.

And I get your point about investing in the team but in Tillman defense why go deep into the LT when you know your team has no chance of winning.

Tillman has said multiple times he will pay LT but the team has to have a real legit chance to win the championship first.

Buying top notch groceries for some body who don’t know how to cook still doesn’t make the food come out amazing.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lmao look who came off the bench at that time against a historic team. Best bench player contribution in that series is someone who isn’t even in the league. Let that sink in tilman. Too bad he’s too dumb to even get it.

runs his mouth about spending and has shown absolutely 0 signs of doing so

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yes we will

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nah the situation read as MDA's heart wasn't in it after last year.

Fertitta begged him to come back once more and he reluctantly agreed to give it another shot.

Sounds like Bzdelik.

A new coach wouldn't have won against the Lakers either.
    Might have even lost to OKC who knows.

It normally takes more years to get comfortable.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

He’ll never win one or nor will he put together a team that is close to winning one

HP3, DVauthrin, lnchan and 1 other person like this.
  18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Morey told the Tilman not to call Dantoni to make it seem like it was Dantoni's decision to leave, not the Rockets. Dantoni suspected he might not get a contract renewal and felt like if he striked first by not resigning that he could save his pride.

Win / win.

Dantoni had major issues with managing minutes, rotations, and game planning. The Lakers defense of Harden should have been something they worked on before the season even started last year. Everyone knew he was going to get doubled in the playoffs, that should have been the focal point of their offensive practices.

He failed to understand a good player with dead legs is worse than a medium player with fresh legs. Players like Demare, while not a solid player, is good enough to absorb some minutes making the starters fresher when it came crunch time. People for whatever reason believe that playing a starter 40 minutes a night will win games. While that may be true for one or two games, it can't last an entire series. Our record setting consecutive missed 3's vs the Warriors wasn't a fluke or bad rhythm. It was the result of undersized players playing at a frantic pace for a long series. When we are up by a lot we try to sub in players and as soon as one play goes south Dantoni panics and puts back in the starters resulting in bench players that can't catch a rhythm all season long.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yes we will I believe and when we do I don’t want to see you at the parade.

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i love anyone who says they're all about "maximum achievement X" as if everyone else is just like "whatever, we don't even care". especially when the person has essentially no ability to actually create/affect said outcome, beyond actually spending money as you pointed out.

HP3, 34to11 and Deckard like this.