1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Harden demand a trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Sep 13, 2020.

?

Will Harden demand a trade?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. No

71 vote(s)
    71.7%
  3. Trade him regardless of his wish

15 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Our team is old as dirt with no draft picks, cap space and assets to improve the team. Now that his favourite coach is gone too, do you think he would demand a trade?

lw17 likes this.
  2. realonemo

realonemo Member

Not till next year imo. I think he loyal to brodie and badly wants to win in houston.

Rudyc281 and Highlyrated like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

4. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Harden is a money man...he probably dont give a dam as long as he's getting paid and being the man of the city.

ak99999, AXG, lw17 and 2 others like this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If he does, can you imagine the Houston fan base ? They'd call him a lazy, selfish, great iso player, that sucks at defense... It'd be unanimous on CF... Lol

Rudyc281, vlaurelio and ashleyem like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Hell be paid and be the man anywhere else

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He just got Russ, can't see him dipping on his bff like that.

2022 is the year to keep an eye out for that, Harden has a player option for 2023. So does Russ, but we all know he ain't turning that down.

Rudyc281 and Highlyrated like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is interesting what he thinks.

Houston still got the strip clubs and good tax situation.

ak99999, lw17, Dacamel and 1 other person like this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No, Harden really doesn't have that type of personality.

If and when he leaves, I think it will be because both sides realize a Rockets title with Harden is completely out of the question and moving on is in the best interest of all parties.

topfive, Invisible Fan and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brodie ain't loyal to any place. Not any longer.

If he can go anywhere outside OKC, he could join Durant too.

lw17 likes this.
  11. JW86

JW86 Member

No, the one piece means a new coach ;) He has himself to blame for MDA leaving partially since he wanted Westbrook. Rockets have done everything to accommodate him so if he's unhappy then the hell with him. He knows this so very unlikely something happens along the lines of Harden wanting out. If he does, part of me would be ecstatic, but part of me very disappointed since we had our shot.

lw17 likes this.
  12. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

Who cares? Trade him anyway. James Harden will never bring a championship to Houston. When he was in OKC, they used him perfectly as the six man coming off the bench with instant offense. That's who he is and what he is, instant offense. If he was anything else, he would have started with KD and Westbrook at the time. He's been here since 2012 and has done a good job. But now, it's really time for him to go.

lw17 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the dilemma is you won't get equal value back in a potential trade.

Draft picks for sure but is Morey that good at drafting? Maybe another star player but that's a Big If.

No trade for another overpriced oldster that is Westbrook pls.

SoupTent3 and lw17 like this.
  14. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

I agree with you, but we have to do something. I like Harden, but he's not going to bring a championship to Houston. We need to get what we can get for him, and bring in some younger players. If that means rebuild, then dammit rebuild. We need to blow this roster up and get rid of this small ball nonsense. We looked like little boys out there on the court amongst grown men when we played the Lakers.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah!

Hopping bandwagons to ring chase shows that you give a damn! :D

What’s up KD? You give a damn huh??? Kudos!

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Harden's been loyal to Houston and has done his part to rep the town.

Playoff disappointments are just that.

We didn't even exit the first round for more than one season in the same amount of time Harden has been here but people still recall BS memories about "grit" or "heart" and meaningless winning streaks in the regular season.

Houston should back up their stars.

Some babies can't handle disappointment when the team is marketed as contenders. But outside of the first CP3 season, it's not like Harden ever played with a stacked deck.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

What kind of nonsense is this? Lol, so why did he finish every game with KD and Russ at the same time, often as the lead ball handler in the 4th?

from Scott Brooks himself in an interview with Chris Mannix...

The thing I love about James is, he loved his role. He loved coming off the bench. He loved working with that second unit. Him and Nick had a great bond on the court and off the court. And when James made the USA Basketball, he knew that he belonged. That following year, before he was traded, he was one of our best players. And he did not want to start. We tried to start him a few times. Because Thabo Sefolosha got hurt, I think I started him like 2 games. And he came to me after each game like 'Coach coach coach. Please please. Get me back to my role. I like the second unit.' And that says a lot about him. He was a great player. He is a great player.“

“James Harden is just instant offense“...like he’s Lou Will or some sh*t...lmao

topfive likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

Houston as a NBA market hovers around the #7 or #8 year to year (generally top 10). Teams like the bucks is bottom 10.

[​IMG]

He was promising in OKC, but made his name here in HOU. He's in a good situation here.

I was looking at some web graphics. Just clicking around NBA.com. (not a surprise) He's one of the current faces of the league. The league plasters his face everywhere.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

From a Rockets org perspective, the TV revenue is the biggest slice. (merch and ticket sales are nice but they're distant 2 and 3). Rings is certainly the goal and can attract more fan base. But it doesn't immediately mean more $$. Keeping stars like James Harden is good business.

#18 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Strip joints will still require face coverings. I wonder how that works out.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Indoor venues with lots of talking, touching and drinking are super spreader locations.