1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you try to trade for Giannis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketOrg, Sep 13, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Giannis is blowing off steam....

House's wife or GF also deleted pics with House but still has to face him with their 3 kids.

Means nothing really.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree, Giannis' playing style is somewhat Anti Morey but so was Westbrook's.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wouldn't, simply it is not possible.

Morey isn't given the resources to build around Giannis or anyone.

Fertitta is a snake or a viper.

Just another failure. Giannis still has a better path to the Finals in the East.

So Miami Heat for now.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

but, he mr mvp doe!

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

He's going to play with the real MVP, Stephen Curry, South Beach with Jimmy or Dallas with future MVP Luka (and KP).

apollo33 and daywalker02 like this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Acknowledging Harden's style of play cannot win a championship.

I'd much prefer not to bring in a guy who is even worse in that regard.

Jayzers_100 and tycoonchip like this.
  7. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Next year, warriors comes back, we need to get a tall center. Even u said warriors playing small ball, do u think KD is short?
    It is good to get 3 MVP in a team. If MDA is still here, I want to see how far it can reach

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What is this? 2019!?!

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

100%. Brooklyn outsider chance because KD is a snake.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think it certainly is possible. If the Bucks are willing to trade him they are not going to get a better player in return.

I'm also not sure the East is all that easier now. The Nets when they are healthy are going to be as good as any Western team and the Celtics and Heat too.

11. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

MDA is leaving

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I meant it as a benevolent advice, breh.

It's a waste of a time for both Bucks or the Rockets.

I doubt that the Bucks can win with Harden either if it's a 1 for 1 swap but Harden makes them more dangerous in the regular season.

Harden's title window is limited as he is 31 while Giannis is 25.

There is always a way to do it.

Giannis is not Harden, he doesn't care bout strip clubs or excess of money.

#52 daywalker02, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Only if we trade westbrook for him and he agrees to play Center. Last thing we need are two guys who can't shoot!

YOLO likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

you easily trade westbrick for Giannis.

trading Harden for Giannis? LOL. anyone advocating for that is really saying put westbrick and giannis in the same lineup. that reeks of pure comedy.

The dark days of the rockets. you hate to see it but many of us did

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

You have to be joking?

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If it is a 1 on 1 swap the Bucks would still be the best team in the East. Harden would have a lot of shooters, in fact, their offense would definitely improve, would still have a lot of strong defenders, the Bucks are actually built very similar to the Rockets. They could make tweaks for their Roster and definitely contend for titles.

Rockets do it because they get younger. It really is a no brainer if you're running the Rockets if Giannis re-signs. It means you have like 5 more years to build a contender.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You're missing the point.

Okay, so say you can't win with Harden+Westbrook right now, as you believe...so what would be the point in playing this out till their contracts end? You're basically just treading water Harden gets older. Every single player hits a cliff or takes a gradual decline, at some point, Harden is going to be "Garbage" player like Melo or Westbrook, at some point in time, as he declines, his value declines.

Okay, so say you can't win with Giannis during Westbrook's time...so what? Giannis will still be in the prime of his career when Westbrook's contract is up. Harden might not be.

If you are being pragmatic about it, you 100% trade Harden for a younger superstar no matter what the shape of the team is. It's not going to be that way forever after all.

If your outlook is "You can never win with Westbrook+Harden!" then what would be the point in keeping them until they are old players with little value and CP3 contracts that are hard to trade?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

whats the point? I mean considering you made the move in the first place you're just stuck with it. You lie in the bed you made. That doesn't mean you trade your best player by far and get even worse than it already is.

If anyone needs to go it's westbrick, not the guy whose been carrying your team all year. harden gives you a chance to win. westbrick does not. big difference

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Bucks shooters have shown they shoot well in the regular season, once they get to the playoffs and under pressure, they shoot a way worse percentage, much like the Rockets'.

Question is why Giannis would want to go Houston, is his fiancee from Houston?

If he isn't totally dumb, he goes to GSW or Heat, even the Nets have better assets than Houston.

In the NBA your cornerstone player has to have a good relationship with the owner, the GM and the coach.

And their goals have to align meaning they have to do their best, that includes spending over the tax.

I wasn't asking why Houston would do it, it just tells you that Front Offices have little idea how to build around certain players.

If you have Giannis, you sure need to have all Klay Thompsons or Khris Middletons. And ballhandlers.

I agree that the Bucks shouldn't have let Malcolm Brogdon go, that was a costly mistake.

The Rox dun have any blueprints to that.

#59 daywalker02, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  20. TheSource

TheSource Member

I was hoping the 2031 first round pick gave it away