1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[WC Semifinals] (2)LA Clippers vs. (3)Denver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 1, 2020.

?

(2)LA Clippers vs. (3)Denver

Poll closed Sep 3, 2020.
  1. Clippers in 4

9.5%
  2. Clippers in 5

28.6%
  3. Clippers in 6

33.3%
  4. Clippers in 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nuggets in 7

14.3%
  6. Nuggets in 6

9.5%
  7. Nuggets in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Nuggets in 4

4.8%
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Milwaukee exists

Patience, Cladyclad and pippendagimp like this.
  2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What sucks is that the Lakers do not win just one championship and rest. They'll win at least 1 more and probably 2.

DreamShook likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah.. It's why I always ask myself why I continue to watch this NBA. For the Rockets to shake the system in place, you need a star with a IDGAF attitude like Jimmy Butler.

Imagine Jimmy Butler's mind with Harden's talent. That player would bend the NBA to his will.

TWS1986 and JumpMan like this.
  4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Pat Bev fouled out again. Feels like his entire D is fouling and hoping to get away with it.

pippendagimp likes this.
  5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

[​IMG]

Denver in 7!

[​IMG]

Lovemachine2000 and B-Bob like this.
  6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rockets need a star the NBA either can't afford to screw over or who flips the script as Hakeem did once upon a time.

It is tough being an invested fan. My goal is to become an uninvested NBA fan. Not there yet.

Certain teams always end up with aces. From what Shannon Sharpe hints at on Undisputed, the Lakers will bring in another star in the offseason. My guess is Bradley Beal. Being LeBron's #1 fan in the media, Shannon would be privy to that type of information.

pippendagimp, DreamShook and Sajan like this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Shannon knows nothing. He talks out of his ass literally 95% of the time. I would put ZERO stock in anything he says regarding star player movement. What would the Lakers even offer Washington that no other interested team could IMMEDIATELY match and probably beat?

adoo and JumpMan like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm almost there. I'm thankful Rockets didn't lose to OKC (extremely thankful), I almost hung up my Rockets fandom. I got over this embarrassing Lakers series defeat a lot more quickly than in years past though. I think it's an evolution in my Rockets fandom.

Ramo$e and MettaWorldPete like this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree with what you're saying about Sharp, but Lakers and the NBA will find a way to get Lebron what he wants.

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Props to Denver. They don't quit like the Rockets do.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just Need Denver to win this series so the Rockets slander will be pushed to the back burner. This will also mean that Jokic will be elevated above Harden in top 10 talk. I'm okay with that. shrug*

12. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Color me JEALOUS :(

13. TimDuncanDonaut

What happend? I took a light nap, didn't watch, and check the score, series is tied now? How am i to root for clippers against laker, if they can't microwave the denver chicken nuggets.

bubble series close again, another game 7. I see you adam silver.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

But he is Sharpe.

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i told yall about them nuggets. dont pencil the clippers into the WCF

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Honestly, the Lakers showed more heart and grit than either the Rockets or the Clippers have so far. Say what you want about LeBron and the Lakers, that team showed out when they needed to. Guys like Caruso, KCP, Kuzma, Rondo, Kieff, even that rookie I've never heard of.....all of them nutted up when the chips were on the line. I find them much easier to root for than this Clippers team full of d-bag mercenaries who don't give a **** about anything. I usually hate the Lakers more than any other fanbase or franchise, but Bron and Vogel have those guys playing HARD. They'll earn any hardware they get this season.

adoo, JumpMan and B-Bob like this.
  17. opticon

opticon Member

Not gonna lie, I hope Denver wins game 7 just to spite the all LA conference finals the league wants.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yep. at this point I'm rooting for anarchy. Denver and Miami in the finals. leggo.

Jontro likes this.
  19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I agree with everything you said... except I could never root for the Lakers. Too much arrogance and entitlement from that franchise. They’ve won enough (the last decade notwithstanding).

arno_ed, TimDuncanDonaut and Easy like this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

Nuggets just showed why chasing superstars is not necessary, just build a solid team of players who are versatile, can go big or small and all have more the ability to contribute through ball and body movement. They have great athletes, guy who can do something with the ball once inside, have a great passer in Jokic who finds guys cutting and hanging around the paint. Nuggets are a true team, they are the Heat of the West with two all-star caliber players but not necessarily rely on both to be great. One can have a great game while the other is just like another role player. That takes solid coaching, a team full of players willing to sacrifice, knowing their role and not care about stats. Jokic has been quiet a few games, Murray has as well, but they still manage to re-group after a loss or win in spite of it. That is a huge difference to the Rockets where we need guys to overachieve and just hit their threes. Love this team and they really can win this series. They have the size to deal with AD, just not sure they can overcome Lebron who's a different animal from Kawhi. That is what this series has shown as well.

Easy and Gabe0941 like this.