1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We were better with Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 12, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

hartenstein basically got no playing time after his 17point/12 rebound/5 blk game againist the wolves. Dude didn’t play a single minute the following night

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Small Ball was dumb as **** and to suddenly go all in on it with only a small sample size is a "shoot yourself in the foot" move by our genius GM Darling Moreh.

3. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Franchise killing moves

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Anyone who thinks we were better with Capela than with Covington needs to go back and watch video of Capela this year. He was hugely disappointing. Lacked will, lacked versatility, clogged the floor, and was easily pulled away from the rim. Covington is a great fit. That trade was a good move.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He didn’t get hurt in a shortened season? He usually saves his injuries for the playoffs anyway.

6. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

The Westbrook trade is a no brainer, you do it every time. Capela is injured, and Nene and Green are out of the league. Just because it doesn't work out the way you planned, doesn't mean that you can't flip any player for more assets, picks. Westbrooks contract >>> CP3s contract. That is what is most important moving forward.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We were better with Dwight Howard....on the floor for the Lakers

Once they figured that out we were done

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I mean, no ****.

YOLO likes this.
  9. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

But as it turns out, Westbrick is also injury prone which makes the trade even worse.

YOLO likes this.
  10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Just because we lost this series doesn’t mean capela would have help us. Capela was our weak point. The bigger mistake was bringing Russ and listening to Harden and Tilman. But who’s gonna say no to them though. Also we prob would have had another year like when Dwight and Harden were clashing but now with Chris and Harden. Yes keeping Clemons over Harty was a mistake. Clemons is so short and we don’t even play him. At least we could have kept Hartenstein if we blew things up.

If we had capela we would have lost last series against OKC. And capela was and is still hurt so how are you going to play capela in a series when he is hurt.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

In hindsight, it was clear the Capela trade did not make us a better team.

There are other factors too, such as Capela not playing the rest of the season and also the fact that we weren't really that good a team with him either.

Losing the P&R and lob threat was pretty damaging for the offense though.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Did he get hurt. Nope. Someone else did though. But he still sucked to begin with. And it’s a continued downhill free from here with a broke jumpshot and bottoms level iq and zero basketball skills

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

14. Nook

Nook Member

I would do the Covington deal every day of the week. Covington is a better player than Capela.

The Westbrook trade was bad. However that’s what the owner wanted.

15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Clint was great since he was drafted up until this season. What changed? The rumor is Westbrook wanted more space so we had to trade Clint, so we just compounded a mistake by Tilman. I just don't get the Morey hate, I don't think this one is on him either, he tried to fix a mistake made by the owner and simultaneously save him money.

Seeing CP3 and Harden throw lobs to Clint as we absolutely blew out rivals is still clear in my head. I don't really have those memories with RoCo at all. Clint was playing at a high level in the playoffs, they had swagger. This team never had any swagger.

CP3 + Clint >>>>>RoCo + Westbrook.

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Completely agree. Covington only got exposed as an on-ball defender in the playoffs because of the Rockets scheme. You can’t expect long, rangy wings like Covington to always keep quick guards like Chris Paul, Dennis Schroder or Shai Gilgeous-Alexander in front of him every possession. Nor is LeBron James a fair fight for him, either. He significantly outweighs Covington and is just as quick.

YOLO and Nook like this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Westbrook has an extra year on his contract, and CP3 definitely outplayed him this playoffs. I'm not sure how Westbrook's contract today is worth more than CP3? When you have negative value contracts, the shorter the better. Hopefully I am wrong on this and there is a buyer somewhere. I just can't imagine a team wanting him, but then again the Clippers were able to move Blake Griffen somehow lol.

18. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

morey has to be done after that. i don't care if you work for the owner, you can't let them force you into making disastrous moves .. you quit because they'll fire you when it backfires and the rest of the league looks at you as a clown, so good luck getting rehired.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

go ahead and fire morey. hell get a job the very next day. just like when mda isn't brought back. hell be with another team in no time

you can't let the owner force you......I mean the owner makes the decisions and is the one who will sign off on everything. not rockets science here

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

You guys do realize that Capela missed the rest of the season, right?