1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 9/12/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2020.

1. sw847

sw847 Member

A
    As great a scorer as harden is, I personally feel like he is a joe Johnson type player (although better), great scorer, great stats across the board, but won’t translate to winning in the playoffs. Harden as the number one option won’t win a championship, he would be the best number two in history

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hope Miami or Celtics do but Lakers have some pretty good chances because Lebron always seem to have a higher gear to go to.

Dude is unreal at age 35.

I have seen that only with the Splash brothers.

3. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

1. Boarding the trade Westbrook train. Make sure Danuel is on one of the coach.
    2. Harden should know what to do again. If not, he can board the train too.
    3. MDA need not sign any paper, except acknowledgement receipt of the last check, I guess.
    4. Will root for Clippers, the one with the most ex-Rockets.

vick and BigShasta like this.
  4. elvis

elvis Member

It’s always disappointing when the season ends. I get that. But it wasn’t a bad year. We had a 50 win pace. We got to the second round. We lost to a better team. I would like them to win a ring every year. It’s a bummer when we don’t. But at least we aren’t one of those hopeless franchises like Detroit or the Knicks whose season is over before game 2. And Harden was amazing again this year.

Sonicbun8, B-Bob, RocketWalta and 4 others like this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The Lakers are winning it all because they have Lebron and Davis. And, unlike some superstars, they actually make the rest of the team better.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

And we haven’t been one of those teams for 10+ years yet people seem to want to go bank to it.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

It's more than that. They do need a consistent 3 pt threat outside (or 2, or 3), but they need a strong perimeter defender, a shot blocker, a 4 that can spread the court...

8. TimDuncanDonaut

Full Russ interview. Talked a bit about his quad and MDA.

deb4rockets, daywalker02 and Patience like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

How can you have watched this series and come out thinking that? How can you watch Westbrook play with him and come out thinking.....that, cmon man Joe Johnson. Harden can absolutely be the best player on a championship team. Send him to Toronto or Miami and boooooy you will see some things.

10. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

They're actually getting really good help from their supporting cast at the moment. I honestly don't think they'll keep it up.

I don't think the Lakers can win it all because they're not a consistent 3pt shooting team.

HP3 likes this.
  11. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

Team soft AF :)

forchette49 likes this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

They won't keep it up, they are gonna look terrible vs the Clippers.

13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Oh my Lord... I'd be like, yeah so what the ball hit you?! And!? He might as well have pissed on him before the FTs now...

I would have just bricked both on purpose and kept staring him down. Where's our Ron Artest?!

#1273 forchette49, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Cladyclad likes this.
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

When callers called 790 after beating OKC and said they knew the Rockets were winning the championship I was like "how much did you bet on your confidence?".

whiskeyred likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would you say the Celtics are a consistent 3 shooting team because I do not.

Cladyclad likes this.
  16. SORF

SORF Member

I'm tired of LeBron, Curry, GS, Kawhi winning the championships....anyone else but them. We need some other great players to win one. Go Miami or Boston...win the Championship.

B-Bob, BigShasta and HP3 like this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Haha.

This false toughness looks as stupid on a message board as it does when you see Westbrook arguing with a fan when he's getting his ass handed to him. Then follows it up by missed layup #593407

18. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Welp. That sucked. It's not even that we got bounced, but how little fight we had left in us. Just ****ing sad and pathetic.

19. vick

vick Member

Did they win? Every year it is the same thing. Harden says every year they will win. He can score 40 a night until it is elimination time.Points he scores means nothing.Only wins. Small ball does not work. At least with these players anyway.Next year Morey can go real small ball. No one over 6 feet tall.There is always an excuse I guess House is the reason this year

20. vick

vick Member

They did a number 2 on the court tonight