1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I feel bad for Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Sep 12, 2020.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

**** bye Harden

Jontro likes this.
  2. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

we'll be hard pressed to find a better gm to get us out of this mess than morey. the fertitta's are a cancer.

pr0wler and slothy420 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was that HK slogan just a smart way to cry for help and get out?

He didn't see Tilly backing him.

Jontro likes this.
  4. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

You have to give him credit for assembling a team with little to work with. Mclemore, House, Green, etc. - these are guys that came at bargains. Rivers was not in high demand when we signed him. PJ Tucker was signed off the street. Most of our roster is guys that were FAs and basically in the open market when we brought them on board.

I think this offseason you have to improve the PF position once and for all. PJ is amazing, a great heart and player, but he cannot start at PF. He is undersized and is too limited offensively. We need a true stretch 5, and that is tough to find. Green is a backup stretch 5/flex 4. RoCo is a 3/Stretch 4 as a backup option. One of the Morris's would fit our system well, but neither wanted to be here, and stretch 4/5's don't come cheap anymore.

Eric Gordon is good, but he is erratic and in decline. We have too much money wrapped up in him. My guess is we see Gerald Green make a return with us soon enough, but beyond that, how do we maneuver to make a real move and acquire legitimate talent? I don't know. But then again, I don't know how Morey has done it to date.

pr0wler likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lakers controlled everything, boards, pace, adjustments, the game, the series.

Even controlled their role players' performances.

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

https://twitter.com/johnhollinger

Rockets have
    No cap
    No draft picks
    No young player
    No commitment to pay luxury tax

Where are the assets to trade Westbrook and Gordon?

7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

From my understanding, alot of you are Morey staff members posing as clutchfans members. Morey deserves ZERO sympathy. Not sure how a GM with a offense named after him, shouldn't be responsible when his team gets exposed. Morey's been trying smallball since the Joey Dorsey days. We finally got a smallball center in Faried, but Morey didn't bring him back. Last year we get beat by GS due to rebounding, yet he goes even smaller and we get severely outrebounded AGAIN in the postseason. Morey should be fired

javal_lon, J.R. and daywalker02 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

amaru likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he deserves some criticism.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

The fact that you mentioned Faried....means I can disregard this entirely...thanks dude. LMAO

11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The fact you dismiss Faried means you know absolutely nothing about basketball. This and the fact Faried was a smallball center than actually REBOUNDS, unlike anybody we currently have. PJ Tucker is not a NBA center

DaDakota and javal_lon like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Uhuh...Faried hahahaha

13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

4-1 Lakers>

What was the rebounding advantage again? Who was our smallball center get dominated on the glass, PJ? Covington? Jeff Green?

pr0wler likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Faried
    [​IMG]

15. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Top 5 gm of all time that went to conference finals twice in 14 seasons??

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

We almost give Morey 20 years to build the team.

But look it's still crap.

Morey has more talent on drama over basketball.

17. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

As usual DD doesn't have any.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How do we know for sure that Tilman forced the Westbrook trade?

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I feel bad for Daryl too but he also didn’t help himself. Wish the nba wasn’t rigged but we all know it is. It’s just so obvious how the refs dictate this game. And over and over it always happens. Who did the Nba wanted to be in the wcf ofc the two LA teams. And who are we getting 99% those two teams. Last year was just bad luck for the NBA because they had all the money on GSW but they got hurt. So the raptors just were lucky.

but no way in hell that the NBA would let us ruin their perfect or dream scenario. Especially not after China banned all our games. The China wasn’t broadcasting any of our games so if we kept winning they would keep losing more money.

look at how the game changed as soon as we were winning easily in game 1&2 against OKC. Nba stepped in and did all it could so OKC would win and have this semis round broadcasted. We were lucky really. And for anyone that believes this is a joke or think this is just whining.

it’s not I’ve been complaining about the refs for ever. I think since LA won’t their first chip with Kobe and Shaq. It was so obvious they wanted them to win. And that’s why the nba has protected their refs so much, that even questioning their bad calls is met with a fine. I don’t know if there are other sports that do that. I mean they should be Analyzed and investigated especially refs like Forster and tony brothers.

anyway I think Daryl might need to move to a different sport, looks like China might drag this thing forever.

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I don’t feel bad for Morey, I feel bad for my eyes after seeing the ***tty Lakers destroy my Rockets!!!

My eyes can’t take much more of this...:(