1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whose MOST to blame if we fizzle out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Sep 12, 2020.

?

Whose MOST to blame?

1. Its the role players... Morey made sound decisions building the roster - but guys didnt perform...

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Its Harden... dude has no heart and disappears...

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Its obviously WB... he's in an ideal situation and has the skills - but has just failed...

10 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Its on MDA... small ball sux & he cannot manage/develop a roster for the long haul of a championship

20 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. Its on Morey... he's filled out the roster with unplayable scrubs that MDA is right not to play them

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. Oh its all Tillman... his constant penny pinching is costing us a championship!

21 vote(s)
    28.0%
  7. Everybody has done as good a job as can be expected... the competition is just too great (GSW pt 2)

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  8. House's fault... He woulda been the difference - idiot!

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Obviously our disappointing performance of late is going to bring about a lot of finger pointing... and while I believe our shortcomings are due to a combination of missteps (WB trade), poor planning (smallball in the playoffs) and weak execution... the question is who should bear the MOST blame if we dont turn this around?

I guess it could also extended to 'who's gotta go!' (realizing we cant fire the owner - as desirous as that may be - lol). Feel free to elaborate in comments if you think the 'guilty' party has to be moved out...

PS - Yes, I understand this may be premature... as we could still come back from our 3-1 hole, win the series - and even still win the championship... which I think would make this thread funny as hell to look back on depending on if things go that way (think of it as an anti-jinx thread)... and we got some time to kill before the game... lol

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

danuel shack.

Lawlruschang and kjayp like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

I think people are trying to place the Covid Plague on James Harden at this point.

Lawlruschang and kjayp like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Easy choice

HP3 and kjayp like this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

NBA agenda and propaganda aka illuminati...

Invisible Fan, Ramo$e and kjayp like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ourselves.

RayRay10 and kjayp like this.
  7. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

A little bit of everything...

The role players have (mostly) underperformed. But, Morey needs to build his team a little bit better.

Harden has had some moments, but never the 4th quarter “take over” that we’ve seen from many of the greats over the past decades.

Westbrook hasn’t looked the same since the bubble. He’s had some solid games, but he’s underperformed.

MDA is who he is. My biggest issue is the lack of adjustments. In game or within the series... it’s not there. It’s just do what we do, better. But that obviously doesn’t work..

If Tillman wants a successful franchise, he’s going to have to dig into those deep, deep pockets to surround our superstars with better talent. We need a borderline all-star F/C to go with our guys. Not average players.

house... well, if our championship aspirations rested on house, we were done before we started. Bone headed move :D but it’s not like he’s the X factor to this series. He doesn’t push us over the top, especially the way we’ve been playing.

Hakeemtheking and kjayp like this.
  8. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Sometimes the other team is just more talented than you. Pure and simple. It's not any one person's fault but if i have to point the finger it'll be Tilman. I dont see light at the end of the tunnel. We kept throwing away picks for cash and declining options on promising youngster to save a few bucks..... now we dont actually have a future.

MettaWorldPete, Ramo$e and kjayp like this.
  9. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

I blame westbrick...but then again I blame Morey for getting a bricklayer to play next to harden...

kjayp likes this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm actually torn between WB and MDA... but ultimately settled on MDA... shocker, right? lol

WB has been beyond disappointing and can obviously be pointed to as the most under producing aspect of the equation right now - so I can fully see that view... but that said... it's the coaches job to make adjustments and mitigate the repercussions when somebody is off... Plus I think the whole micro ball as a sole identity is just flawed and was gonna be our undoing at one point or another - the necessary defensive energy to generate turnovers to offset the rebounding disparity was just not sustainable... imo...

HP3 and harold bingo like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not.
    Morey's.
    Decision.

Seriously, some of you still think that this trade was Morey's choice even AFTER Tilman said publicly that Morey ("our basketball ops guys") was hesitating and Tilam told him to do it.

12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Wow....right now a three way tie between Morey, Tilman , and MDA on your chart! Hard to argue with those results.

kjayp likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Clutchfans obviously.

javal_lon and kjayp like this.
  14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Russell Westbrook is the reason the Lakers can double Harden all game. I feel like we could win this series if we still had Chris Paul.

Der Rabbi, YOLO, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Yup, end thread. We also don't have a big man because Russ and a big is even worse spacing.

kjayp, YOLO and Williamson like this.
  16. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Agree with pretty much everything you said, was also torn between WB and MDA but instead I decided on Westbrook.

kjayp and HP3 like this.
  17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

LeBron, AD, and Rondo. The Rockets have had their own issues, of course. But if all three of those Lakers are playing the way they have been in games 2-4 in this series, they are going to be tough for anyone to beat.

kjayp and MettaWorldPete like this.
  18. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I want to believe this and I lean to it being accurate as far as final say goes HOWEVER how do we even get to the point where TF is the deciding factor? You’re telling me that TF woke up and said let’s swing a trade for WB? Morey at some point had to have started the process which was absurd to begin with. I have a hard time believing that TF was the factor from start to finish.

kjayp likes this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

James Harden

He is the one who pushed to get WB here.

BallSoHarden, kjayp and HP3 like this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If you thought this was a >>20% championship team you should blame yourself.

They finished 4th. Same as last year.

Playoff LeBron is the greatest individual opponent this or any team has ever faced - he's better than any of the warriors ever were. **** he's better than Jordan. Davis is also hyper elite. This team simply wasn't that good.

kjayp and hakeem94 like this.