1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

a SEC filing reveals that Berkshire and Saleforce will buy $250 M of SNOW stock concurrent w its IPO, which will take place later this year. A vote of confidence.

saitou likes this.
  2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

SPACs typically start as a unit (in this case ticker PSTH.U), and then the unit splits into a share and a warrant after a pre-determined no. of days. In this case after 52 days 1 PSTH.U split into 1 PSTH (the share) and 1/9th of a PSTH WAR (warrant).

edit: the warrant is at $6.50 now. I'll try to buy back at around $3+

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I was already hyped for this. Been reducing other positions to scrounge up capital for it hehehe.

4. adoo

adoo Member

im gonna wait for after the IPO, sometime after the 40-day quiet period

#11464 adoo, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  5. adoo

adoo Member

the limited growth is attributable to a highly competitive and fragmented market that lends itself w low margins; many of whom, if not all, are operating at a loss

i don't know of a food delivery player in this space who is not controlled by PE

6. adoo

adoo Member

fwiw, this IPO was also controlled by PE; its growth potential continues to rise

[​IMG]

Sajan likes this.
  7. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I signed up for IPO shares via my broker. I don't recall ever doing that (maybe I did for Facebook but who knows anymore) before but figured I'd take a shot. I presume I will get 0 shares but fingers crossed.

CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

AAPL touched 110 again.

1st Support: $108.58
    Fibonacci 61.8%: $105.57

The Real Shady likes this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

the shortists are trying very hard to knock down this high flyer

[​IMG]

sold a bullish put spread, oct exp,

• bto 350 PUT
    • sto 365 PUT,
    for this 15-pt credit spread, collected in advance a premium of $8.00, defining my max risk of $7.00.
    at expiration, should TSLA trade above 365, i get to keep all the premium

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Also liking the 99-96 range. Would fill the gap and hit support area.

[​IMG]

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

How about Palantir? I really don't know what to make of this company. The more i read about it the more i go in circles.

12. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

TRNE making a nice move today on some heavy volume. I picked some up a couple of weeks ago so nice to see a gain finally.

Still have my GSAH and have noticed that starting to tick up, though no news yet...

saitou likes this.
  13. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Well I jumped back into MSFT right at $204. Finally got the pullback I’ve been waiting for...let’s see if these levels hold or if we get another leg down.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think I have more faith right now in TRNE than GSAH since there hasn't been any kind of news on GSAH that I know of. The one I really screwed up on and didn't buy with all the EV-love going on the past few months is/was DPHC. I decided not to buy it because I thought the EV play was so overblown, but ... guess not. But, as with any SPAC, this could all end up blowing up in your face. :D

saitou likes this.
  15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I feel the same way, leaning towards buying. Not much to go off based on fundamentals, but if they are as indispensable as they say to gov and handling gov data it should be a great hold long term. seeing how this admin does business, this is a no brainier if you think trump gets a 2nd term imo, but I have no idea what will happen on that front.

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Yeah, noticed the same about trne, looking good. I lost kcac to a trailing stop that triggered, but considering buying back in if it keeps dropping.

I treat my sub $11 SPACs as money market fund alternatives to park spare funds short term haha. Sometimes u get lucky and one pops lol. Still holding gsah.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not sure how much this moves the needle, but it's interesting if nothing else :

Microsoft wants to take on Amazon in connecting satellites to the cloud
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/11/mic...on-aws-in-connecting-satellites-to-cloud.html

18. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

My SPAC play is KBLM. I'm holding the warrants until the deal is done, which should be by November.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Can y'all start using the names of companies instead of their stock abbreviations so I know what you are talking about?

TIA

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It sounds like you need some TNA

Sajan likes this.