1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here is what I think of the season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by jim1961, Sep 10, 2020.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

How about you?

cwebbster, Surfguy, napalm06 and 2 others like this.
  2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Needs more trashcan and a graphical representation of a BB.

3. msn

msn Member

Needs evil Manfred face chuckling somewhere. But, yeah.

4. Buck Turgidson

Correa at SS should be a vacuum. A Vacuum that shoots ****ing rifleshots.
    Machete is well...you know
    Yuli is a solid pineapple. When you buy a pineapple, you know what you're gonna get.
    Tucker is a Stork...gangly and awkward, doesn't know how to catch or throw, but still delivers most of the time
    I got nothin for Uncle Mike. Maybe a recliner.
    Springer's a ****ing slip'n'slide compared to Brantley

5. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Pretty much all Houston sports yesterday smh

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

7. msn

msn Member

My previous response is too wordy.

Here is how I feel about 2020 and its baseball season:

Pucker up 2020: (_|_)

jim1961 likes this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I will go the opposite since I already posted my non-verbal response :)

I compared this season to how the rebuild years felt. I was wrong. This is worse. All the dumpster fires, the sh!tty pitching and the wheels coming off are similar, but given the analogy, those 2011-13 teams were close to the ground. When the wheels came off, they didn't have far to fall. This team feels like jumping out of an airplane when the wheels come off.

msn likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

At least I can say I had the experience of a fan with a team winning the World Series and an NBA championship... now if the Texans only got a new coach whose not an idiot or he upgrades his brain, I image I still have about 60+ years left. That’s good for a few rebuilds.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

As terrible as we make things out to be, there are only a handful of teams that have done as well and accomplished what this team has over the last 4 years or so. Despite my incessant complaining, I also feel fortunate to not follow a team that hasn't done anything in over a decade and whats on the horizon doesn't look any better.

For me though, no amount of success is going to diminish my hunger for more.

12. HTown2017Champs

I missed the Rockets by a few years (I'm pretty young). I don't count championships you didn't get to experience yourself. We're not the Yankees. Dodged a bullet by not being a Texans fan. Could never really get into the team's generic branding and lack of history/identity. Always preferred NCAAF to NFL for football, and don't live in Houston anymore.

Still, at least the Astros and Rockets are regular playoff teams, and we get to watch them play longer in the seasons. And get our hopes up (even if we end up disappointed more often than not). Could be, say, Kings and Mariners fans, who would be happy with simply a mere playoff berth.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

14. Buck Turgidson

Every time I hear this I feel bad for yall.

You'd never make it as a Cowboys fan, they'd kick you out of the club immediately.

msn likes this.
  15. HTown2017Champs

I have family that are Cowboys fans. Not me, largely because that would require you to be a Jerry Jones fan. Also I just feel like claiming a title "as yours" is about the feeling you felt when you watched it live. For NFL I'm more of a "favorite players" person than anyone else, and VERY much a "Fantasy Football" NFL fan. My fantasy team dictates my rooting interest more than anything. Last year was my best year yet. I've tried fantasy for other sports but as much as I love baseball and basketball daily lineups are just too much.

Anyway, enough digression. No matter what people say, or rats, or the media, you will NEVER be able to take away how pumped, ecstatic, and euphoric I was when the Astros recorded the final out and won Game 7, and the series. Was a very special feeling I'll never forget, and, unfortunately, probably won't experience again.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

1000% true. Was a long time coming.

Never say never, the Rox 2nd one was in many ways sweeter than the first.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  17. HTown2017Champs

And, in 1995, no BS excuses about "bbbbut nO mIcHaEl JoRdAn". He DID play that postseason, and he, individually, had a good run. His team had no answers for Shaq and Co, who the Rockets swept. Seen replays of those games, would have been great to have watched live. Rockets fandom aside, the whole media asterisk is BS because the teams that played still had to PLAY and WIN games. MJ, as good as he was, was just one player, and it was his choice that he didn't play during that season and a half.

Cautiously optimistic that a Harden-led team eventually gets over the hump, but then again, you never know. Could be this year, but I just know the NBA is gonna rig a Lakers win for Kobe. Had that feeling since he passed.