1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Rockets Coach?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Space City, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Nate McMillan

sooo underrated

BigShasta likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am out on Fizdale. But would consider Atkinson or Joerger.

EDIT: Also, if Silas was really high on Morey's list before MDA, then he is available as well.

And Kelvin Sampson is an underrated name because the Rockets players would respect him.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Well.... It’s not like MDA does either

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

As practically the only person here who defended signing D'Antoni, I feel obliged to stick up for him now. But one of the most alarming signs I've seen was his postgame interview last night. When your team is failing to show it has an answer to the other team's tactics, and instead of addressing tactics you just keep repeating that your guys need to play harder, that's often the sign of a coach who has run out of ideas.

Even if you have personnel deficiencies that contribute to the tactical problems, you owe it to your guys to acknowledge that you're going to try to figure something out. You can't just dump everything on them.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Becky Hammon

why? Because this team deserves the circus and Fertitta is basically Jackie Moon and would do anything for ratings and revenue.

CriscoKidd and BigShasta like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Kelvin Sampson has 0 interest being an NBA coach at this point of his career, let alone the Rockets

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would keep D'Antoni

But if we are moving on, my top choices would be Cassel or Hammond. Both experienced assistants (I don't want some retread head coach), from solid. organizations, with good reputations. Young enough to do the job for a long time.

8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Get help....keep MDA really????? Becky Hammon. really????

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I’ll go with Mrs. Hammond.

Would love to see her coach Harden and Westbrook. Would also love to see the media come crawling back

10. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Chauncey Billups

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

She's on of the top assistants in the league, and learned from the best coach in the world, why would you not consider her?

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is where I am at. Watching the game last night, THE REASON why the Rockets looked flummoxed is that the Lakers had a tactic and the Rockets did not have answer. The kid is looking to the parent for direction and the direction isn't there. The Rockets then got flustered. They need coaching leadership.

MDA failed his team last night. Lakers have gotten progressively better with adjustments from Game 1 to Game 4. The Rockets have gotten progressively worse.

This is a BAD, BAD look for MDA. I was a MDA supporter. But this is rough.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ok.

14. Spooner

Spooner Member

Billy Donovan

RocketOrg likes this.
  15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It's time to move on from MDA. He has his chances. Morey as well once his contract runs out. It may not seem like to some of you, but very few people are irreplaceable.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Popovich or an out nowhere hidden gem hire is all that will help this team. Kerr, Stevens and Nick Nurse were high risks that played out. We went Mchale and MDA, we got further than we should have with them. It’s time for something good and not a trash retread like Lue or God forbid Mark Jackson.

Deuce and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

depends if we're rebuilding

if not, then someone with experience

if we're rebuilding, we should scout some fresh talent

I hate how Toronto stole Nick Nurse right from under our noses

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Rockets needs a defensive oriented coach,with harden and Westbrook we will be a top 7 scoring team, this small ball bullshitt at center is our Achilles heel,Jvg will emphasize defense first and will demand morey to bring in a different center that will protect the paint, and rebound .He will bring structure to both the offense and defense. The question is who will morey get .

20. pass_to_Hakeem

I’d LOVE!!!!! JVG back