1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure keep sprouting that bs mr. Draft picks are overrated.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yeah given how most high profile trades have gone down over the last 5-10 years it is basically impossible to justify this trade.

If we roll 20s and somehow David Johnson has an All Pro year and Blacklock becomes an immediate contributor it will take the edge off... but the deal will never be "good" given how underpaid we got.

King1 and TWS1986 like this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Inconvenient Truth, huh?

4. raining threes

You need to read on Texanswire Sept 8th why the trade was made.

I reported you for calling me a F-Tard. I bet you wouldn't say that to my face unless you may be closer to your statement than you think.

Learn how to carry on a conversation without personal insults. Geez, didn't your mother teach you anything?

5. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Trade already paying dividends.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

BoB is awesome. Wouldn't pay Top 5 WR Hopkins but chooses to give over the hill Randall Cobb $9 million per year for 3 years. Did anyone see Cobb tonight?

conquistador#11 and YOLO like this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I still don’t get it.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lmao. Yeah i also saw the increased number of weapons on the outside go to work. Oh wait

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Same to u, didn't u say I like to sniff Hopkins' nut? making an assumption that I am gay of some form huh? Talking to u is a waste of time, a f-tard defending a sht trade.

Don't b insulting others and then proceeds to btch when it is returned. Dont start sht and then go cry like a btch/report, u little snowflake.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hopkins wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference. Will Fuller had Typical Hopkins' numbers tonight. David Johnson had 109 combined yards and a TD. Texans will be fine. It is one game with no preseason and new play caller.

11. raining threes

Exhibit A

A hole

Ignored

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree the Texans probably will make the playoffs...but it seems useless if they can't beat KC.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

this team will not make the playoffs.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah I think this is the same **** every year. They will beat enough mediocre teams to get in. As always, they get smashed by actual contenders. Owner is happy we just made the playoffs and gives BOB another year. Repeat.

The reason we can't beat contenders because there's nothing special about this team. There used to be with Hopkins. You could say we had a WR group that other teams could fear, we were supposed to BUILD around that, not destroy it. Now we don't even have that.

Still, Watson will beat most teams in the NFL, just won't have the help to beat contenders so it won't matter.

TWS1986 likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Not with this years schedule. Not with the AFCS getting better and the Texans treading water or by the looks of things regressing. Last night was not cobwebs or indecision. It was a systemic failure to every player on the field and every fan watching the game. Its an absolute slap in the face for Bill OBrien to spend all offseason touting his prior moves and vision for this year only to have more of the same crap that has festered over the last 7 years to manifest. Inexcusable to spend all that money on offense and have a boring, vanilla offense.

when this team starts 1-5 holla at me.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I feel like we say this every year, and every year they creep into the playoffs.

Usually, the team with the better QB wins game, fact is, Watson is better than a lot of other guys.

Also, KC is REALLY good, like all-time good. Not really surprised we were undressed by them.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

fair enough .. i appreciate the optimism. fingers crossed!

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Y would u even want us to get into playoffs? We are literally gonna get ass fked again.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL

I didnt say I wanted them to, I said I didnt think they would get there. Im trying not to go full Grinch Mode after 1 game.

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Don't forget an extra team gets in the playoffs now

JayGoogle likes this.