1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Hate this roster, can't stand it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Sep 10, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Or you guys just have really bad takes....which is true most of the time. Most of the times its you guys never backing up what you say, but its just crying here when we lose and staying very silent when we win.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I will never understand the revisionist history on 2019. Chris Paul did **** the bed, he shot 27 percent from the 3 in the playoffs while we lost in the second round while Durant was out. We finished 4th seed while Chris Paul regressed on every single metric possible defensively and offensively in the regular season and playoffs. Oh and on top of that he missed half the season which made Harden play an ungodly amount of minutes to keep us from dropping from the playoffs. Are you going to tell me with a straight face that you felt okay to stay put after game 6 against GS. You should go back and read the game thread that year. I actually want to dig up some posts you people made back then without the hindsight.

Hindsight is 20/20, I never liked the WB trade or WB in general you can search up my decade of posts ******** on him. But we were desperate, we had a aging pg who just had one of the worst seasons of his career on a untradable contract. I think every GM laughed at giving anything of value for CP in that off season. The way I see things if Chris Paul even played 80 percent of his abilities in 2019, the WB trade would have never happened. But for some odd reason he decided to take the year off. Whatever he does in OKC makes no difference on way or another.

As far as as Morey goes, he built one championship team, that's it. And btw we lost in the second round against the Lakers in 2009. That roster being a championship team was not tested in reality.

I agree with you about the rest of the post btw about Morey signing ennis mcw and the whole melo thing.

TWS1986 likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea the guy had a bad year, that doesnt mean you cut off your nose to spite your face. There is no revvisionist history, it wa s a bad trade. there was no reason to make it. His STATS LAST YEAR ARE BETTER THAN WESTBROOK'S THIS YEAR GET. You need to get that through your head. Yea we stand pat(maybe trade Clint) keep our picks and upgrade elsewhere, that is the smartest move. It was a dumb trade, no ifs ands or buts. LOL, like who's you people, the people not wanting the trade have been consistent since day 1.

Morey has never been allowed to tank, keep that in mind.

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

A pretty book "if"

bmelo likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You do not need to blow it up completely but you have to get rid of WB, Gordon asap.

And revamp the system, get 6'10 players, shoot the midrange again.

Get younger. Get smarter. Screw MDA and Fertitta.

Rebound and bounce back.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I feel like I'm talking in circles. I dont really care about CP3 vs WB, I don't know why you keep mentioning that.

I think the window we had in contending ended when we lost Butler and everyone else in free agency. Whether it was with Paul or Westbrook this team gets eliminated by either Clippers or Lakers. I just want those two picks back and blow up this whole team.

I know you think somehow with CP we magically become contenders ignoring that we would still be outsized by LeBron and AD on boards, and our bench will not magically start making 3's and be able to guard AD on the block.

This team is flawed from top to bottom, no matter you have CP or WB at point guard.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

But but but!!!

WeStBroOk DoEs BiG dUnK! bRiNg FaN tO gAmEs MeAn MoRe MoNeY fOr Me

Sit back and bask in the IQ of our owner ladies and gentleman. We've got a lifetime of this stupidity to look forward to as Rockets fans.

LosPollosHermanos and HP3 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you think Russ hitting 3s is the only problem.

I wish.

There is also the trust issue, how can you trust those guys again...

Remember that line: I know exactly what we need to do.....

The Worriers ain't that good....

Blatant showboating in words.

They can't even put the most effort throughout a whole game without running out of oxygen.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Old man yells at the Cloud.

He has every right to.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ballmer.

Can't beat the Blazers either.

macan likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

If we had Cp3 insread of Westbrook, we dont even go small to begin with. Or we at least have assets for a small ball center. Do you think those picks we wasted for Westbrook are imaginary assests?

Or do you think Harden would be trapped like he is with Cp3......of course not, Cp doesnt kill our spacing.

fattz likes this.
  12. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

They just look like they're thoroughly toasted.

It takes a lot of energy to defend someone physically larger... And this system assures that this will happen consistently. In order to overcome the lack of a rim protector, the smaller defenders must be on point constantly. The rebounding disadvantage assures more defensive possessions. These things in combination with a tight rotation makes sustained defensive effort over any length of time very difficult.

Requiring the defensive intensity from Harden on one end while he's being doubled at half court results in a wiped out MVP. While I think smaller ball can be advantageous... I'm more and more dubious on small ball.

Hakeemtheking, daywalker02 and HP3 like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

And another thigns, you arent not getting torched by AD because you have no big. Porltand got two bigs and they got torched by AD. The only game in which we got out rebounded was this gam 52-26. That's it. And our bench with Chris Paul consistently had high net ratings and defense.

Top to bottom how? Explain yourself, if this all about size and boards, then we are done here. Rebounding and AD are not reasons we are losing this esries. We are losing this series because of turnovers, bad rotations. and bad spacing. Don't act like Cp wouldnt make this defense better in addition to the assets we would have saved by not making this trade. This roster is good enough, we just need a true second star next to Harden.

If it werent true all of the Harden lineups would be negative...but it isnt. You dont have the facts behind you on this.

14. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Finally a reasonable post instead of this ****ing revisionist CP3 love fest.

15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The problem is the fact that the Playoffs are fixed and Daniel House Jr being suspended for being human and not being a scripted scrub off the bench is unbelievable. There would be more dedicated NBA fans if the league would not be such a corrupted POS in first place. It's their loss.

fattz, jcmoon and TWS1986 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even if Paul hit 45% from 3, he isn't coming back lol.

Move on. HAM.

D-rock and TWS1986 like this.
  17. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

That's what I'm saying. I mean look... he gave us a really good chance to win a title and we failed. Also yes we traded him for Westbrook who's not an ideal fit with Harden. **** happens. People acted like we traded away Magic Johnson.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hornets CP3 could come close to Magic lite.

It's a personal view, dun have to agree.

Top 3 ballhandlers I have ever seen.

#98 daywalker02, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    TWS1986 likes this.
  19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Chris Paul from that time period would have been great. I always thought we got CP3 5 years or more too late unfortunately.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The only guy you can compare to Magic is hands down Lebron because of the talent and size.

Magic was more agile while Lebron is the bully.

TWS1986 likes this.