1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook is the Dumbest Player in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1981, Sep 10, 2020.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

It's no joke. My point is, there's no metric to properly describe how bad Westbrook is at basketball. His stats are bad of course, but his overall impact on the game is far worse than the stats show.

BallSoHarden and BigShasta like this.
  2. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

The only people to be blamed are the ones that thought small-ball can win a championship. It could be Morey, MDA and Harden's decision with this strategy because it brings the best in Harden in the regular season. But strategy falters in the playoffs badly. Harden shooting 2-11 from FG is not going to win any games, even against the worst NBA teams. Harden looking lost during double-teams is not a winning formula either.

MDA relies way too much on execution through Harden and when that is in threat, other players just scramble to make some one-on-one plays. Of all the people, MDA needs to go first. Change offensive and defensive strategies. Bring in legit PG where Harden can play SG position (if he is willing to run and move to free up from his defender), get pure position players with C and PF and bring back mid-range jumpers for god sakes.

We knew what Russ brings to this team, speed, and some knuckleheaded plays combo.

GotGame15 and Little Bit like this.
  3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I turned off the game at half time. How bad was harden as opposed to Westbrook?

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Westbrook needs more help. We've been hearing that for the past 5 years. He still does.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I agree with you that it is really hard to win when Russell Westbrook refuses to accept his limitations and play within himself (no threes, few mid-range jumpers, etc.). He did that for about a two or three month stretch starting in December/January, but he’s reverted back to bad habits in the playoffs.

That said, Harden had the opportunity to nix the Paul for Westbrook trade idea, and he chose not to. He’s partly to blame for the situation he finds himself in.

Invisible Fan and HP3 like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Here is the thing, before you TRADE CP3, a GOOD GM, sits Harden and CP3 down in a room and shows them WHY they are better together than separate, and explains why Westbrook and Harden are worse.

My one beef with Morey is I don't think he is good enough with being a leader himself and basically cow ties to his best players, too much.

DD

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

normally this would be true for a good owner who seriously values people who are more qualified advice and information. that isn't the case here. he runs this team like a restaurant business rather than a sports team. he doesn't know anything about what fit means and intricacies of the game. It's going to be his way regardless of what anyone else says and so very telling that he gladly put out publicly, it was him that forced the move in panic at the end of the day.

Nook likes this.
  8. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

False AF

KD won his only mvp with Westbrook. Ask Memphis fans what they did to KD without Russ in that playoff that year

Vic was considered a bust and not enough value for PG. after he was traded. He credit Russ for his growth as a player

Sabonis was a rookie of course he gonna get better

Reggie Jackson lol. I’m from Detroit we wanted him gone by the end of his first season

PG was a mvp contender/dpoy contender last season with Russ lol

Ibaka lol dude the same if not worst

jcmoon, davidio840 and ballsohard like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

KD-goes on to a better situation, wins multiple titles including finals mvp

Oladipo-goes on to become an all star

Sabonis-goes on to become an all star

Reggie Jackson- goes on to become starting pg and a massive contract

PG-and despite being that loses in the first round to Portland with wb lol. now he moves on to a better teammate and situation, where they have a legit shot at winning a title

Ibaka-Nba champ enough said

all after leaving that loser WB

/discussion

10. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

“Dumbest” is absurd. There are tons of dumber players.

11. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

wEStBrOoK’s PaCE

12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I agree with you concerning how Fertitta is running the Rockets, and I’m also aware that he heavily pushed for the Westbrook trade. That said, let’s not act like James Harden was simply an innocent bystander, either. He and Westbrook had a conversation about the idea of playing together again immediately after Thunder traded Paul George. They both wanted a reunion. Did Harden specifically ask for Chris Paul to be part of the deal? No, but it was never realistic for Paul, Harden and Westbrook to share the floor together basketball wise, and the Rockets definitely could never afford three players with super max contracts.

Now, I absolutely agree that Fertitta forced Daryl Morey to bend over backwards and take it up the butt from Sam Presti to get his flashy new toy. That part is very true. Otherwise, Morey would have ended the negotiations because the draft pick compensation was absurdly slanted towards the Thunder.

#32 DVauthrin, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Of course they did. Wb is all alone at this point. The initial idea was to add wb to the core of harden/cp3. This after butler bounced the rockets recruiting attempts and ghosted Harden. Then morey told cp3 he wouldn’t be traded only to be overruled by tilman throwing in the garbage every piece of advice given to him

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey's flaw is his ego too.

He thinks he can mesh any flawed players and create an end product that is almost perfect.

Harden isn't athletic and explosive enough for me.

WB isn't smart enough.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think I would say he is fundamentally lacking, his lack of skillset is staggering..... truth be told.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

If we could combine Harden with more Westbrooks, i'd be fine with that. He is dumb. But we need professional athletes on this team instead of our D leaguers and the nba retirement farm. Must upgrade to an nba quality rotation.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. biina

biina Member

He needs help, just not the kind a basketball GM can provide

Easy and daywalker02 like this.
  18. biina

biina Member

Harden was the first to show what can be achieved if you left WB. Then other players followed suit.

OKC were stuck with WB until Rockets came along....... OKC getting cp3 was just gravy

19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The lift and explosiveness isn't quite there but at his best he isn't as good as CP3 at his best fit here in Houston.

RudyTBag likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed 100%.

Both perfectly healthy and motivated, CP3 all damn day.