1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the end of the Daryl Morey era?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Sep 10, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

They beat use twice with Cp. We beat them three times with Cp. Again, you can believe whatever you want.

And you arent factoring Luc. Im tired of talking about this, you believe we would have lost, I believe we would have won, we can just stop there.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Sigh....

3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Moreyball can work with with great shooters and long perimeter guys, we just don’t have the personnel.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, I'm not saying we lose 100%

I'm just tired of hanging on to that one season. It's sad. The best we can brag about is that we almost beat the Warriors. Yay.

I'm just saying it was no guarantee, it was one game, anything could have happened. @HP3 is saying with 100% certainty we win. I'm saying I don't know, it's a big what if, a woulda coulda.

Game 7s turn out odd sometimes...that's how you have Dort turning into Kawhi Leonard for a game to almost eliminate us.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"ItS aLl yOu TalK aBoUt". That's not an argument. That's just being whiney and snowflakey

6. HP3

HP3 Member

I'm saying you're criticism are one not, arent the priority and miss the main problems and the larger picture. You can't engage with reasonable dialogue on here because you are very one note as a poster.

7. ball king23

ball king23 Member

got to get a new coach and new gm while we are at it

8. fchowd0311

Sigh. You can't selectively chose games. I can find an example of film of dwight making a three. Does that mean I should base a narrative from it. Harden allows for double teams to go on him. He's our best shooter and he decides to degree. Why would you want our best shooter to defer? Why not force the defense to actually try harder to deny him the ball? Why can't he run off of screens? We don't need him to be a playmaker for other players in late game situations. We need him to be the go to scorer.

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

you are unbelievably stupid, and clutchfans is significantly worse for you presence. I mean, do you ever think “man, my points are terrible, I should shut the **** up for once in my life and post somewhere else that gives a **** about my absolute garbage opinions.”

10. fchowd0311

I'll take note of your worthless subjective opinion and wipe my ass with it.

11. fchowd0311

No I'm always pretty cordial and allow for open dialogue untill it gets to petty "i don't like how you post" poo flinging. I never start it. You do.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wish this was the end of the Fertitta era.

tycoonchip and BallSoHarden like this.
  13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

The Morey hate is baffling. This is not his roster, and it seems like the people that hate him have a few things in common. They can't see beyond his moves with this owner, and are new to watching the NBA. He will win if he ends up moving on, and I will definitely be rooting for the guy, because Houston will be a perennial lotto team and there won't be a local team to root for come playoffs, and you will simultaneously have to watch Luka dominate in the playoffs for the next 15 years, those of you who hate Morey probably don't even understand the significance of that. You guys are obviously spoiled and new to the sport. Houston has THE longest playoff streak in the NBA. For a small market non NY or LA , south beach team, that is not easy to do. Especially when you've had owners who are at the very bottom in net worth relative to their peers and treat the team as a profit making entity, and not a trophy asset. You really think top tier stars will come here once Harden is gone? Morey was able to pull off some ridiculous trades which made the team relevant for years. When Tilman's son takes over you guys will be wishing Morey was here.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The least you could do is add a poll, especially with a riveting body of text such as in the OP. Sure to spark good discussion:rolleyes:

15. HP3

HP3 Member

What other times have you seen him getting doubled like last year or this year? You think doubling are the reasons we've lost in the playoffs? Man...this is ridiculous. I'm not cherry picking a game. You brought up 2019 so I brought up a video from one of the best analysts in the game on how your assertions were false. We've never seen constant doubling like this in the playoffs. What's the difference I wonder hmmm Okay...., done here.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, I don't know. I simply don't think it is a certain thing we beat them with CP3. They have enough talent to win any game, including a game 7.

I don't see how that is so odd to say? Two all-time great players, one of the best shooters, a DPOY...clearly they were more than capable of beating us. It's not so crazy to say they could have beaten us with CP3.

HP3 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Poo flinging? Bro when I have I called you a name, have I not been cordial with you. All i've done is just explain to you what's wrong with your analysis. And again...you quoted me.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

I'm just basing it off the game that happend. I just think Cp3 would have put us over, you are fine in believing in uncertainty. It's just a matter of opinion.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. Mr. Space City

before morey, the last time the rockets made it to the semi-finals was 1997.

with morey the rockets have made the semis 6 times with 2 of those times being the WCF.

HP3 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

Out of all the posters here, when I engage with you or posters like DRock the debate drifts to meta territory the most about my posting behavior rather than the actual topic at hand. That's what I mean by poo flinging. You constantly harass me about me posting too much about Harden. It's kinda pathetic.