1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 9/10/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Nah, the LeBron/Kawhi matchup will be a doozy.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

A Howard who didn't perform for the Rockets? A CP3 who was injury-prone for key moments? A Melo who looked terrible for us? And Westbrook who has been poor in these playoffs?

I know you want to blame Harden for all of this, but you can't blame him when his supporting cast doesn't turn up or if they get injured.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  4. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Here is a couple of things I noticed:

Both series the first two games Houston Defense was great after that NONE.

MDT made no adjustments NONE

HE HAS NO PLAN B

And the REF’s don’t give Harden the calls in the playoffs. The Refs every year never never in our saber in the playoffs

kevtse likes this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Down 3-1 we’ve almost always won game 6 unless it was GSW.

Landsdale likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They kiss his ass just like they always did Kobe and Steph Curry.

7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The Clippers will comfortably beat the Lakers. They'll force the Lakers to shoot the ball, and they'll keep them away from the paint.

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'll pass. I don't like either team.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

@jordnnnn

LA pitp 3pa
    G1 40 38 L
    G2 54 27 W
    G3 56 30 W
    G4 62 30 W

Gee... its almost like after the first game they figured out that there were much easy pickings in the paint than the high risk/reward of the 3 ball... its as if they realized that was a weakness and they sought to exploit it... go figure...

;)

10. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I would rather let the Lakers shoot 50 to 60 open 3pt shots than let them have easy points in the paint. I guarantee you they're not making over 40% of their open 3pt shots. That's exactly what the Clippers will do.

11. SORF

SORF Member

I really think the NBA and ESPN want a California Western Final...so I won't watch.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Then we should really blame the GM. Bringing in these players who can’t fit with our supposed super star. I honestly don’t believe Dwight was the main issue when he was here, him and Harden couldn’t get along and their styles differ.

We got CP3 when he was washed up but we knew what we were getting and again we gave up on that experiment fast because again Harden and CP3 couldn’t get along. Look at his contributions this year with OKC

Carmelo honestly didn’t even get a fair shot here, and as u can see he was pretty damn valuable for Portland this year.

what is the excuse for Westbrook? Wasn’t he the MVP a few years ago. This is his buddy and it hasn’t worked this year either.

At some point u got to look at the common factor in all of them and it’s Harden. I’m not blaming everything on him but he seems to be our own Westbrook where other stars just don’t know how to play or get along with him.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Do we have to play game 5?

14. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I blame the owner, GM and the coach. They've assembled a terrible team year and year. This small ball doesn't work. I even stated throughout our season. If the supporting cast can't defend or can't hit their open shots, it's not going to work. When you have a pg who can't shoot like Westbrook, it's kinda easy to guard. Sag off him, forcing him to drive to the paint.... he'll then either take a contested layup or force it out to an inconsistent supporting cast.

We should have focused on getting Butler instead of getting Westbrook in. I guarantee you we'd be in much better shape. We could have still offloaded Capela and got another defensive center in.

15. Mr. Space City

since this series is probably over. i just want the rockets to double lebron when he's at the perimeter like harden just to see what will happen.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Crazy. That the 1 seed who was picked by every single analyst is winning a 2nd round series against an inferior team.

Did not see that coming.

It’s almost as if the more talented team usually wins.

IvanLCPM and Patience like this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You know they have for months. I'm with ya there. If we are out, screw the NBA and their favorites.

18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Covington defense is indeed terrible

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm ready for sports to be over.

deb4rockets and whiskeyred like this.
  20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

We need house