1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the end of the Daryl Morey era?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Sep 10, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Again, you're just going by what ifs, not matter how much you say it, you can't say he would have made the difference up.

Klay gets hot, Curry gets hot, and it coulda been a blowout win for them. Harden has a stinker, and it could have been a blow out win for them. Give them some credit. They were an all-time team, it's okay to think they still could have won that game. It's nice to think that we could have won, we could have, but to say it is definitely as if we smoked them every time we had CP3? That didn't happen.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is the best post you made. Pure logic: harden is a great player. 34 year old paul took him to 7 games and almost won with a crap squad. People here just need to give him his dues and let it go

YOLO likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

MDA is gone, he needs to be gone... and he has to. I have defended him and still believe he is a good coach but the Rockets need someone else, a fresh set of eyes and voice.

I don’t expect the Rockets to suddenly play a traditional center 30 minutes a night, regardless of who they bring in. However I do expect them to get someone that will be more detail oriented, have them team prepared to play and will stress defense.

After a certain point new blood needs to come in. The Rockets have been the second or third team in the league over the last 5-6 years and were an injury to Paul from a title... but I am not convinced the players believe they can win it all under MDA anymore.

The Rockets never rebuilt and that really hurt them. Alexander would not allow the Rockets to be terrible and get high draft picks. Very hard to win without doing that. Then ownership would not spend money for players like Ariza.. and Morey looked good short term on passing on Leonard... last new ownership decided not to listen to their GM... it happens, only a handful of teams have won a title over the last 15 years... so it hasn’t been a failure, but it still sucks when you see the end of the tunnel in front of you.

JoeBarelyCares, lilbird20 and Deuce like this.
  4. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

why not? we aren't winning anytime soon. Westbrook needs to be traded for cp3 asap.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

God I hope not.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Facts. Harden can’t even rest normally anymore bc the lineups with him off are so comically
    Bad. It’s so sad to see.

HP3 likes this.
  7. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Nobody cares to be mediocre. If we aren't contenders then it doesn't matter if we're a lottery team, same thing.

8. Mr. Space City

westbrook or cp3 isn't the answer.

d'antoni and this gimmick offense isn't going to win anything moving forward. and before people bring up 2018, we don't have Ariza AND Capela, plus teams are more prepared for this offense than in 2018.

9. mastan

mastan Member

Yes it was not the same team, Rockets didn't fill the void left by Ariza and Luc for tax saving.

HP3 likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Stats are nice, he has nice stats in the playoffs, Tmac did too.

No one is going to care about that, his legacy, right now, is that he shrinks and can't get his team over the hump. It's not fair, but that's what it's going to be. Wilt isn't known as a champion either despite him putting up all time great numbers. That's Harden right there.

I think there is something to leadership, something I don't think he has.

I do think there's a reason why the Lakers, even their scrubs, are outplaying our entire team. It's coaching and its leadership from the best player. Lebron's not letting guys get away with anything less than 100% effort and focus.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

HE'S OUR SECOND BEST PLAYER.

Look at what actually happend in the game though? Are you thinking they went easy on us game 7 cause Cp wasnt there, no. They would not have won, Cp is a big game performer. You are using the next year as an example and its bad one. You can believe whatever you want dude, this trade was dumb and not justified. Russ in not better than Cp in any capacity.

LosPollosHermanos and YOLO like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

That's funny because you almost never have any good posts. I dont want any compliments from you.

Reeko likes this.
  13. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Didn’t the team win game 1 with him on the bench? Didn’t we make a run today with him on the bench???

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Toxic

LosPollosHermanos and Rock Block like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Complete fluke. Lakers saw exactly what the rockets do and absolutely destroy all their obvious flaws

16. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

The amount of dumbest **** you’ve posted. Smh the great James Harden was 2-2 with CP3 before Russ ever played

17. HP3

HP3 Member

What? Cp is gonna go down as a way better player than T-Mac. And so is Harden.

Probably coaching...and probably James, but we should really have given more effort. Our guy's are probably gassed.

18. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Russ brought plenty of effort. Dmh

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, I'm using that year. We didn't smoke the Warriors WITH CP3, I have no idea why you think we're 100% beating them with him. I just have no idea where that's coming from against a team that has shown several times they can win big games. You're just assuming he'd be the difference while at the same time completely discounting Curry, Klay, Draymond, Durant as if they can't prevent the Rockets from winning.

You're doing what Rudy T warns you NEVER to do. What the Rockets do every time they leave Rondo's broke shot ass open and watch him drain big 3s.

Underestimating champions.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

LMAO and then what happend, the same problems we had WERE STILL THERE. LOL our Westbrook only lineups our trash, he kills our defense and he kills our spacing. Stop talking, you sound dumb.