1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the end of the Daryl Morey era?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Sep 10, 2020.

1. MystikArkitect

Its all of their faults. Tillman for forcing Westbrook on Morey, Morey for handicapping the team, and D'antoni for relying on a game figuring itself out by the law of averages.

This version of the Rockets is done.

fattz likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Who cares about that dude thinks, we have players on this team who are better than him.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Sounds genius to me

4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Insane that they blow up the core when GS finally dies.

Capela and CP3 would be feasting on teams with traditional big men and meh shooters like LAL and LAC. Houston was perfectly built for late 00’s, early 10’s ball.

GS evolved just a tad ahead of them because of Draymond at the 5. I wouldn’t even say KD. Curry and Draymond CONTROLLED those series with all kinds of skill. Klay and KD just seemed like hired guns.

I guess props to Iggy, he killed too. But only bc of Draymond’s passing, and Curry’s gravity.

They stay pat and I truly believe they’d win.

Especially assuming they upgrade with the picks.

That ****ing idiot Tilman held onto picks in 18 and 19, made all those cheap moves, just to throw the future away for an old damaged Westbrook.

Clown.

HP3 likes this.
  5. mightybosstone

Huh? Surely you can't be that dense.

BallSoHarden and HP3 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

And that's why its a bad idea.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Definitely.

We always expected that Morey would get fired for messing up that China piggybank, all Tilman needed was a reason, he has one now.

Morey is GREAT at trading, GREAT. All-time even.

But his drafting record leaves a LOT to be desired and Moreyball gets exposed every postseason.

calurker likes this.
  8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I've been thinking Morey is overrated. I'm just ready for a total overhaul and start over. Get what you can for Harden and Westbrook and start the rebuild.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Can this at least be the end of Moreyball? Every postseason, the offense is subpar. It’s too easy to scheme against. Seriously, how hard is it to gameplan for the Rockets in a playoff series? The switching defense provides more issues than the offense for the opposing team.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The rational people know Morey’s been GM for 10+ seasons and it takes more than one to clean up a mess.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do not care right now.

They got to get rid of MDA first.

HardenVolumeOne and juanm34 like this.
  12. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

It's never Morey's fault huh? Rockets have been firmly stuck in the treadmill of mediocrity over the last 10 years. Not good enough to win a ring but don't suck enough to get a high pick to improve championship chances...they're just middling. The common denominator through every season of the past decade has been Morey. He has got to go. It's time

calurker likes this.
  13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Nope...its the end of the MDA 6 man rotation era...
    Hopefully our next HC plays at least 9...

GradyMcTracy likes this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

Bro did you watch the game? Prime Tmac>Prime Harden no matter how many 60points triplets will he score in regular seasons weak ass league, James fools you to the point you compare him to Jordan lol when there is a Real defense and legit team on the other side he always losses and had far better teammates than Tmac could ask for. KD Westbrook Dwight CP isnt that enough for winning something?

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’ve always been the biggest Harden fan. He’s still my favourite player. But at what point do we just admit that this is on him. It’s HIS team. Does anyone here honestly think if you put Giannis, Jimmy, Kawhi, Lebron, the list can go on, but if we had any of those guys do you think we would get down 20 so early.

Again, this is Harden’s team. Not Tilman, not Morey, not Westbrook. Best offensive player when he wants to be. Without a doubt. But if he’s going to be slow out there, if he’s going to be casual, shy away when Rondo is pressing him, shows no killer instinct, he’s going to lose us every series. I felt really good after Game 7 against OKC. I thought Harden needed a game where his teammates bailed him out offensively. And he would totally show everyone next series in a more ideal match up. But stars can get bailed out by teammates for a game. Stars don’t get bailed out for a series.

I hate that I’m putting it on him, always is my favourite player, but he also doesn’t have it in him. Maybe it’ll change one season but I can’t imagine that’s likely as he gets older.

It’s a better watch than the T-Mac era, and Harden is a better player, but it kinda makes the letdown worse.

16. mightybosstone

I hate to think that it is, because I honestly believe Morey is one of the best GMs in all of professional sports. He became GM of a team with two broken superstars on bad contracts, somehow turned it into a competent, deep, perennial 45-win team and then turned that into a generational superstar talent and perennial 55-win team. He's continued to make shrews moves and has exceeded expectations every step of the way given very few assets, but just never won the hardware the man deserved.

But one honest Tweet and a bad owner later, and this might be his last hurrah. If it is, consider this my "Oh captain, my captain" moment. I'll stand on a desk all day for Daryl ****ing Morey.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

LMAO a due who's never been out the first round is better than Harden, get real. T-MAC could never get it done, the man quit himself plenty of times. Harden's stats are so much better than his, it's not even funny. No one who know's anything about basketball would ever take you seriously.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I want the next gm and coach to make a rule to limit threw atremprs ors to 25. .
    I'm tired of this chick fest. It gets ugly and tiresome.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is dumb! He is the only one besides Harden and D'Antoni with an F'n basketball brain on our team. It took one year of Tilman not having any money to pay for that 2017 2018 Roster. F Tilman!

BallSoHarden likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The thing is...Draymond is a big.

I know he's small, but he's also a big. We have pretend biggs, Tucker, Rojo, these are forwards pretending to be bigs. Draymond been a big man all of his mature basketball life, he knows how to post, how to battle down low, defend the post, etc etc.

And Clint was going to get punked in the end like he did every season. Like we made these moves for a reason. I don't have any confidence this team gets past the Lakers or the Clippers. CP3 gets hurt nearly every post-season run he's had and Capela always looked scared in big moments.

It's time to admit we just didn't have it.

This franchise wasted a career of an all time great player. Should have hired a REAL coach instead of McHale too and never should have leaned so hard into this mathball to the point where Harden never developed a go to midrange game.