1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: House status for rest of 2nd round in question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Sep 9, 2020.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

As far as the lady mentioning Tyson and another player...my guess is that was the plan. She was told if she got caught, tell them she was here to see Tyson and/or whoever the other player is (Bruno, Demarre, Clemons...are my guesses).

snowconeman22, malakas and Ramo$e like this.
  3. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmao come on, never heard of Space City Scoop or Anthony Duckett before, these guys are trying to make a name for themselves by going the tabloid route.

harold bingo likes this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

That tells me this can't be about a possible breach of COVID protocols, then. This is about rule-breaking that couldn't have possibly resulted in new infections.

bro2044, JVL713, Deuce and 1 other person like this.
  5. macan

macan Member

maybe he just wanted to take a bullet for House, he knows House could play an important role in this series.

6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Bingo...the NBA has culpability in this...however, I doubt anyone will ever call them on it...too much money involved. Also why they won't suspend the series...too much money involved.

This was a warning shot to the rest of the players, but probably also an FU to the Rockets for past transgressions. Sadly, the latter part won't matter to anyone in the media.

BigMaloe, malakas, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Right. So ding House for Game 3, let him play game 4 and move on at the very least.

bro2044, BigMaloe, malakas and 4 others like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm picturing a Spartacus moment in the Rockets hotel.

Adam Silver: "Who let this woman into his room?"

Danuel House stands: "I did it."

Tyson Chandler stands: "No, I did it."

Soon, every player has admitted to being the culprit.

macan, bro2044, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

FWIW The Rockets do not know what to expect.

My guess is that the league has never had to deal with this before and they know that it will set precedence.

The Player's Association is involved, but I really question how helpful they are going to be with LeBron James throwing a selfish fit behind the scenes.

House may well be lying to try to protect his relationship with the mother of his child and girlfriend. Not to mention he doesn't want his mother knowing what is going on.

It is clear that no one on the Rockets has rolled on House.

I could see the league offering House to sit out game 3 and 4 in exchange for an admission of guilt..... but that even complicates things because of the quarantine and the Lakers can just refuse to play.

Likewise the Rockets can dig their heels in the ground and say their is no physical evidence implicating House and he should be cleared immediately.

A team protesting a playoff game would sound absurd a year ago, but not anymore.

bro2044, joshuaao, BigMaloe and 10 others like this.
  11. JW86

JW86 Member

**** the NBA, this is shady!

bro2044, Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

This is shady?

The league stepping in to stop the Gasol/Paul deal was okay.

The league giving the Lakers 18 more free throws in one quarter of an elimination game in the playoffs against a small market team wasn't.

The league not naming referee assignments ahead of time AND meeting with the head referee to discuss what to "look out for" isn't.

The league having a no tampering of contact order before free agency but players immediately agreeing to deals isn't shady.

Yes, the NBA is kind of shady..... then again David Stern did say they are in the business of entertaining and said nothing about competitive fairness in that entire discussion.

13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Mostly just recaps the Shams article, but does bring up the fact that the NBA stopped releasing numbers weekly.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/09/1...se-incident-believed-to-be-far-from-isolated/

Report: Alleged Danuel House incident believed to be far from isolated

Widespread violations of bubble protocols would be a HUGE development.

Both owners and players have a lot of money at stake in this resumption. It works only if the league prevents a coronavirus outbreak, which is why these restrictions were put into place.

After weekly announcements, the NBA has gone more than three weeks since its last update on coronavirus testing in the bubble.

Even with just this incident, there’s plenty to sort out. How did House get implicated if there’s no video of him and the woman didn’t name him? How did Chandler get cleared?

There are many unanswered questions from the outside. It’s also unclear how many answers the league has right now.

14. Nook

Nook Member

The sad thing is the Rockets lose either way.

If the league relents and lets House play...... they will just take it out on the Rockets through their officials.

The Rockets are almost better just rolling over and not fighting whatever the league says.

Get ready for Harden to not go to the line and him to be in early foul trouble at crucial points during the remainder of the series.

Ask CP3 if the league always gets the last laugh.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lebron is such a b****. This is why I can never call him the GOAT. BS tactics, flopping, crying etc

16. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Shady ass NBA. The kept him out due to "potentially" reasons? FOH. WOW. Tillman and Morey should ****ing protest and sit out.

bro2044, BigMaloe, malakas and 5 others like this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes please.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

No direct evidence and NBA is destroying House's reputation.

NBPA was supposed to protect players from things like this.

BigMaloe, jch1911 and baller4life315 like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know the game and yet I still watch.. Mid game, when an opponent is on their 20th ft in the first quarter, I sometimes wonder what the hell I'm doing.

BigMaloe, Nook, topfive and 3 others like this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this was going to happen anyways. over the past few weeks silver has shown there will not be any possibility of a fakers-clips matchup being avoided

Nook, J Sizzle and Ramo$e like this.