1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

sbnation: Chris Paul trade value is sky high. How about Westbrook?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I suspect that any Westbrook trade would be very near to a Harden trade. So it would be part of a rebuild. Keep that in mind when booking these fantasy trades: who would you want to be part of a rebuild? Probably a team-first vet who is satisfied with just helping others grow.

Wall, Griffin, Horford, Harris - none of those guys strike me as the guy to have while tanking. I mean, maybe Horford or Griffin... I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if Griffin wants to try to win again.

So I guess that leaves us with Horford. I don't know what kind of picks that Philly has to offer but I was under the impression that they've used up all their good draft picks that Hinkie had gathered.

I guess we could do Westbrook for Horford and Thybulle? Or Zhaire Smith if Thybulle is not available? So that plus a pick from Philly.

And yeah when you look at the picks Philly has to trade, it's nothing great:

https://tradenba.com/teams/76ers/23/draft-picks

#21 Haymitch, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

studogg likes this.
  3. BigBum

BigBum Member

top 5 point guards in the nba history

Magic
    Chris Paul
    Oscar Robertson
    Thomas
    Curry

4. Caprah

Caprah Member

The more I watch Russ dumbrick the more I like Paul again

#24 Caprah, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  5. maw7079_2000

maw7079_2000 Member

Westbrook + 2 x 1st rounders for Christmas Paul?

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Like others have stated, while the Rockets may have sold Chris Paul at near rock-bottom, it remains to be seen what this "peak" value will return. Maybe some draft picks? Certainly not a star.

You just have to accept that Harden(at least) wanted him gone and the organization wants to keep him happy.

It could have been worse(or maybe it still will be. TBD). Look at the **** show that was the Pippen trade.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

For all his value . . . .CP3 has never lead a team to the third round
    Only time he got there is with Harden

So he HAS to go somewhere with a #1 already

Rocket River

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Russell Westbrook saved the Rockets in Game 7, the Rockets wouldn't be playing right now. The last play in Game 7, Russell stole the ball from Steven Adams.

Chris Paul choked in Game 7 as he couldn't drive by his man or shoot open shots. Russell was Clutch in his defense.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A healthy Westbrook still SUCKS compared to a healthy CP3 and costs more money and has one more year on his contract.

Westbrook's BULLSHIT regular season stats are compiled because he plays HARD when so many teams just coast during the regular season - and when post season rolls around, Westbrook is OUT OF CONTROL and can't shoot.

The Westbrook trade was the WORST TRADE in Rockets history.

DD

10. Caprah

Caprah Member

At this point I’ll take him over dumbrick

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Didn't PJ Tucker get that steal?

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Barkley for Cassell and Horry will forever be the worse trade in Rockets history

Rocket River

topfive likes this.
  13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Honestly, prime Steve Nash paired with Harden?

topfive likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Russell Westbrook also cost the Rockets in game 6, if he wasn't there screwing things up, we never even go to a game 7.

Paul >>> Westbrook