1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 9/8/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 7, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love the attitude!

bro2044, BigMaloe, DeBeards and 7 others like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets really need to attack these injuries.

jcmoon and deb4rockets like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4 nut punches in 9 games.

NBA is ridiculous.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. I was wondering what could possibly be funny between those two when I saw that happen. It was weird, considering the setting. Who knows. Maybe some crack about Foster, or yeah, maybe AD was disgusted with someone on his team at that point.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Hear, hear. Until the second half, our guys all looked scared to shoot, which resulted in passing around until someone (too often Russ, too often from distance) had to jack up a desperation shot. That plus the poor defensive effort in the first half got us into a hole that was nearly impossible to climb out of.

Amazingly they did climb out of it, to the tune of a 5 point lead (or 26 point comeback), but 3-point streaks don't last forever, particularly with the tired legs that occurred as a result of having to fight so hard to climb out of the hole we'd dug for ourselves.

We match up well against the Lakers and I believe we'll beat them and I believe we'll do it in less than 7 games. But beating them in any game requires a maximal team effort on defense and it requires that our shooters take open looks instead of hesitating and passing it around for a bad shot. Last night, our guys didn't do it on either end until it was too late.

BigMaloe, DeBeards, joshuaao and 6 others like this.
  6. riko

riko Member

Get back on trans defense and don’t let the role players go off. Lebron band AD will get theirs but the key is to not allow their spare parts like Morris, Rondo and Green to go off again.

Little Bit and D-rock like this.
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Our players played a bad game, and for all that ****ery the Rockets still had a chance to win game 2. They know they can beat LA.

8. SORF

SORF Member

Maybe he has regrets playing with LeBron. Maybe he wishes he was playing for us.

When that happened, a Laker was shooting FTs...I thought that scene was interesting under those circumstances, especially since both were trying everything they could to keep what they were saying from the cameras.

deb4rockets and D-rock like this.
  9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Agreed. I noticed it too. However, faster doesn't mean bone headed plays. Probably mix it up to keep the Lakers off balance.

pippendagimp likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

AD was purposefully masking his words by turning his back to camera AND covering his mouth with hand.

PJ was tickled by whatever he was saying though.

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's what made it so intriguing. Whatever he said must have been good. I want to know what it was......LOL.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

jcmoon likes this.
  14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lakers played as good as they could in game 2. LeBron and AD had big games, their role players had great games, Vogel had a great adjustment to go to the zone. it was a perfect storm and the rockets still had a chance to win.

lakers role players won't show up to that extent in consecutive games. MDA will figure out how to work around the zone. and rus couldn't play worse so he has to play better! rockets will win game 3!

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Poor veteran, the camaraderie might be overplayed.

16. delta69er

delta69er Member

Game 2 was a classic example of a team spending so much energy getting back into a game that they had nothing left in the tank to finish the game - if we can come out and either match or exceed the energy level of the Lakers, then we're in a great position to win the game.

D-rock likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree! Blind eyes officiating when it is blatantly obvious a dirty hit just happened. Those plays need to be reviewed on the spot! Of course, if the culprit was wearing a Rockets jersey the blind eye would instantly have 20/20 vision.

D-rock likes this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

That game 2 loss will come back to bite us later. I just know it.

If we win the next game, we'll be thinking.. if only Westbrook didn't play like ****, we could've been up 3-0.

If we lose the next game, our mentality will be shook and the series is probably over.

ICEibuPROfen and tycoonchip like this.
  19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Kinda early to be raising the white flag??? We don't raise the white flag until the fat lady sings!

What are you, a frenchman? Lol

D-rock, jcmoon, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly. credit to Vogel for switching the defense and throwing us off. also credit to Morris and rondo for hitting shots at a clip they can't reproduce. they got up big because of those two things. I've been very critical of MDA but I do believe in his ability to coach offense. he will find a way to beat the zone, and they won't get 5 or 6 3's from Morris and rondo, it will be close but we can win it.

mostly I think our guys are pissed they blew it once they had the lead. reading quotes on twitter today, ego said they beat themselves, harden said they're even more confident since the big comeback. they will come back pissed, confident, and motivated. I think they take game 3.

Hakeemtheking likes this.