1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Several boats have sunk and multiple are in distress at MAGA Parade

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Voters>Boaters

2. conquistador#11

Can you believe it? Lake doesn't sound so menacing. The water is fresh not salty. You tie a tire over a tree with some bondage rope and swiiiing like it's a roger stone party with beautiful co eds. Next thing you know, you're drowning and the fresh water is filling up your lungs and the most incredible thing. A lake more dangerous than the sea, can you believe that, Mike?

-ramblings of mad hambre-

RayRay10, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

While it probably is I don't consider that a "small" boat. Was thinking it was more like bass boats that sank when I first heard about this.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Poseidon for Biden?

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10, No Worries and Dubious like this.
  6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

oops, first Google that looked like it. Still surprised a boat holds it value like that. That boat is 22 years old.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

couple eye witness accounts from austin reddit - confirms a lot of video i saw where these ridiculously large boats come speeding by a smaller one and the waves cause them to sink. all those different sized boats cruising in a tight group like that was a recipe for disaster. theyre really lucky nobody was killed or seriously injured.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

And here we see @generalthade_03 defending selfish assholes that put the lives of others in danger recklessly. Tells me what I knew all along, @generalthade_03 is a ******* himself, defends ******* like Trump, and the “enthusiastic” Trump supporters which he defends are also assholes.

assholes lives matter

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if those people whose boat sunk have been interviewed. Maybe they think they deserve to have their boats sunk because of the large boat owners’ freedom.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is their cult leader. They all drink his koolaid (piss) and love it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I've been to a lot of those cove parties and there are always around dozen+ boats that should be out in the gulf or an ocean not an ultra crowded lake on a holiday weekend. An old friend used to tow his 50 +/- Fountain up from South Shore Harbor (classic stereotype oil money resident) and would come early to set it up in a good spot. We'd go out with him before the holiday and big crowds for some runs with other cigarettes that had come up and it was absolute insanity -- can't believe he never got popped. So reckless and dangerous, but completely irresistible -- as the lake got crowded there would be lots of late arriving big boats plowing through the chop making it really dangerous for the little ski boats etc. Lots of close calls, but I've never heard of eleven boats in one day going down or in trouble -- there are usually lots of LEOs patrolling to prevent most of the drunken madness -- I think the parade aspect of the event and everyone moving at the same time was an obvious disaster waiting to happen.

12. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Hahaha. Forgive my ignorance because I don't follow twitter but is this guy a true trump supporter or is he just trolling them? He's using terms that they wouldn't know how to use plus that last bit with life vest was hilarious.

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Comedian doing a bit.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hadn't heard that someone was injured and in the ICU.

Sorry to hear that but again this is a danger with reckless boating especially on a crowded lake with vessels of different sizes. At least once a summer here in the Land of 10,000 Lakes there is a story of someone dying form someone driving recklessly. Not surprising in many cases it's due to alcohol.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Boats, cars, motorcycles. Fast-moving motor vehicles operated carelessly are a danger for everyone around them. Not a surprise people who refuse to wear masks at supermarkets during a pandemic also do not take reasonable precautions to protect themselves and others when it comes to operating vehicles.

Andre0087 and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So you're telling me there was too much woke at duncekirk?

Ima git me more guns!!

Buck Turgidson, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  17. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

haha thanks, looked him up. I knew it, he sounded too intelligent even when trying to sound like a trump supporter. He's struck gold with this one.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I think this picture is the best example of what can happen on lake like Travis with rock walls and lots of boats making large wakes. The waves bounce off the rock without losing energy and you get congested areas that look like a double black mogul run then you get mini rouge waves when they double/ triple up. I've been through areas like this on crowded days and driving a ski boat through the chop is so annoying.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is FREEDOM!

The right to drive your boat like you want - as fast and as close - if you don't like my wake, shove it!

IBTL, TheRealist137 and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Falwel Faints for Jesus!

RayRay10 likes this.