1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Giannis is overrated thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jayhow92, Sep 4, 2020.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Vagiannis won't win **** until he grows a pair. Guy is soft as charmin! Play Center because that is what you are.

Theking and Jontro like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

NBA really needs to stop trying to prematurely crown overrated frauds...1st it was AD, then it’s Giannis

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said, J.R., and all those the things you accurately pointed out really add up to the guy simply being an *******. I don’t like him. He failed his team and not for the last time, in my opinion.

J.R. likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If only he had more skills than just ran and dunked..... :D

Nah, just a setback.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

BUT BUT BUT GIANNIS is the unanimous MVP without a doubt! Bucks have the highest net differential in league history. HISTORIC Stats

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I said it before Lebron is the real MVP this season dragged a horrible roster all the way to first seed in a blood bath conference. Giannis just benefited from an extremely top heavy EAST to compile his stats and had the media all over his nuts. Will be funny AF to see him get MVP and DPOY after this performance.

I was also right when I said this is his last year being the annointed one since getting exposed for the second time will remove that halo from his head. Will be surprised if he still wins MVP next year despite another "historic" performance.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, but Dirk won MVP and was upset by the 8th seed Warriors.

That is tad worse.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dirk did it in the West, that's the men's conference. Even if he got upset by the 8th seed Warriors those Warriors would be 4rth seed in the East that's not really a shame cuz Dirk is just 1 man crew, his centers were Erick Dampier and Desagana Diop for crying out loud. The only East MVPs I remember who was legit in recent memory is Lebron cuz he was def the league's best player by a mile during Miami days. Other East MVPs like DRose, Dwight and of course Giannis def don't deserve it IMO playing vs the league's trash 25% more often gives you a massive boost in stats.

Giannis is just extremely limited, he doesn't deserve the hype he has cuz all he can really do is dunk the ball. If he was a HOF defensive player then ok but he can't even stop Jimmy Buckets not to mention Lebron and Kawhi 1on1. His best bet is go to Miami or GSW where they have the shooters and scorers and he can be the role player big man he was meant to be.

#27 roslolian, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Jontro likes this.
  8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I am so happy this is happening. Watch now that the medias MVP is getting Got watch how quickly they start defaulting to Lebron for MVP. What James Harden needs to do is destroy everything in front of him and disprove these media narratives

Jontro likes this.
  9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

It's funny how they highlight his obsession over Harden as if it shows Giannis greatness. Harden literally disregarded him and never mentioned his name and THAT was great.

Lovemachine2000 and Jontro like this.
  10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

1000000000%

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  11. Mr. Space City

I don’t care if he averages 35/15/8 next year, he should not ever win another MVP.

If Harden gets discredited for MVP because of his “playoff struggles”, then Giannis should also start getting graded on the same curve.

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Fantastic player, and has been for years.

Did not deserve back to back MVP’s and didn’t deserve DPOY.

He will leave the Bucks and go to a team that has someone that will cover his flaws in the playoffs and probably win a title or two as a #2.

The lack of attention given to his flaws compared to other players is staggering. He has had a free ride.

14. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Just saying G-anus is so much better than anything I can come up with.

Loved it.

BamBam likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

preach

Harden this year vs the EC: 38, 7, and 8 with 47/38/89 shooting splits

the East is, and has always been, a huge joke

so many people, including several on this board, were making such a big deal about Brick Freak’s per minute stats

Giannis in a game 3, with his team about to go down 3-0, played a measly 34 minutes...they can toss all that per minute BS in the dumpster out back...Per minute is cute, but how come the MVP isn’t playing 40+ minutes in a crucial game?

Hakeemtheking, roslolian and juanm34 like this.
  16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Giannis Game 3 shot chart. Second straight game he didn't make anything outside of layups and dunks.

[​IMG]

Hakeemtheking, hajkov and B-Bob like this.
  17. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

All he does is straight line drive. Bully his way to the basket, no skillz

18. Mr. Space City

19. jowman

jowman Member

Hope he loses his athleticism fast and people stop talking about this bum.

He’ll be the untalented version of Derrick rose

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Everytime I watch this guy live it amazes me how much of his athleticism is a crutch for him. If he loses his strength, speed, or anything and he can't blow by people and spin with elbows out in the paint anymore and barrel into people then he's done as a star player.

He's still young but at some point you'd think he'd actually invest into developing a jumper or at least improving his free throw shooting in the offseason.

bmelo and roslolian like this.