1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNT crew make their prediction on HOU-LAL series!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m with you on this notion

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I have to admit, Shaq trying to rally 6-6 PF/C Draymond Green and 6-4 PF Charles Barkley around the idea that small ball can't work by appealing to their shared status as "big men" is pretty funny.

glynch, macho GRANDE, jcmoon and 8 others like this.
  3. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Here is your recap:

Shaq:
    • Want to see if the small ball really works especially against….AD, Dwight and Mcgee. How will the ROX deff/Off. rebound?
    • Harden has to play a lot better.. Mentions “mental block” in game 7s for the last few years.

Donky: “Houston has a chance, but it boils down to if the other guys for the Lakers can stand up.. like KCP, Danny Green….” “Someone has to match the 3pt shooting that the Rockets have.” “If they can the Lakers will put away the Rockets pretty easily.”

Chuck:
    • Never watches games
    • This series will be “awful.” LA is a bad match-up for the Rockets… “I do not think it will be a good series.”

Just old news; repetitive narratives. Don't watch. Also, I am not J.R., so this was all paraphrased.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I consider Tucker a big but I always considered thicker SFs big men.

Nothing surprising. Undersized doe.

5. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Oh, yeah. Shaq also said, Chuck, Draymond and himself (obviously) are big men to discount how small ball probably won't work against a team like the Lakers, which has a lot of size.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Gotta say, I'm not confident the rockets will be competitive after witnessing the teams/Hardens performance versus the thunder.

But its the playoffs, anything is possible! Whatever happens I just hope it is entertaining!

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Charles Barkley 6'4 Power Forward Insulting
    P. J. Tucker 6'5.

It doesnt make you look good as a analyst.

Just act like clowns, that all Charles, Shaq, Kenny, Ernie are. They deeply hate James Harden. Ernie Johnson always votes against James Harden for years. I hate these dudes.

#27 rockets1995, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Robert Horry, Kobe Bryant, Calvin Murphy

When they talk about there is much intelligence about how the game is played, what the player is doing to set up plays or on defensive plays.

The analysts are so hateful. Why cant top sport shows hire former players that speak with intelligence. That dont mumble like Shaq, Charles who doesn't watch games, just sleeps.

Steve Nash is another example, who is going to be great Coach.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I hope we render McGee and Howard unplayable with a good shooting game 1. Keep giving up open 3s. McLemore must play

10. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Eh, who cares. Just go out and play, see what happens. I’m actually not nervous like I was for the first round. Not yet, at least. Nobody is giving us a chance, it is a 4 vs 1 so we are undoubtedly heavy underdogs. Let’s go out there and have some fun, play loose!

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Exactly, no one expects us to win. I think we can win, but have no idea what to expect. I won't be nervous unless we have a 3-1 lead or something where we're suddenly the favorites.

12. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I'm predicting a great series from Westbrook. I think he just had to get his rhythm back from injury, and will be his usual attacking the rim self.

Nook and hakeem94 like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

This narrative will follow Harden until he gets 50+ points in a Game 7. And even then, about 20 of them will have to come in the final 5 or 6 minutes.

It's unfortunate, but we all know it's true.

bro2044, macho GRANDE and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I like the optimism, but this isn't even close to the same team that only lost to the Warriors.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

DGreen had a key point, someone else from LA needs to step up.

LeBron/AD is not enough to beat Houston!

macho GRANDE likes this.
  16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This was by far the best part of that whole show!!! ;)

Go ROCKETS!!!

17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I love it. Draymond most knowledgeable of how dangerous the rockets are. It’ll be like a pacquiao-margarito fight. We saw who won that game. We need to tire out the legs of AD, Howard, and McGee. We will need McClemore in there cause he can get the three. He gonna be X factor. If he gets hot pressure off James.

18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yeah like Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley, Otis Thorpe, Chuck Hayes. All those in betweeners that take up a lot of lane.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

The Lakas got so many big gais that will dumbinate Erneh. Dwight and Javale will average 20/20 and Anthony Davis 30/20 and Lebron 30/20/20 - Lakers in 4

daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and not a single one of them should come from FT line

macho GRANDE, topfive and BamBam like this.