1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNT crew make their prediction on HOU-LAL series!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Sep 4, 2020.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Can’t you just tell us what they said? They make me hate the world.

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I'm glad they all had the lakers...low key dray tho knows the rockets gonna get them...he just hate the rockets so much he couldn't bring his self to say he like us.....dudes ask ****in draymomd green of the warriors if small ball can work...n dray being the hater almost said it can't lmao...thats how much he hate us

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Let's be honest
    The Rockets could be up 3-0 and they would still pick the Lakers
    They will talk about how the Lakers beat themselves up 3 times in a row
    but
    They will wake up and take 4 straight

Rocket River

kevtse, BamBam, topfive and 13 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chuckster the Anti-Nostradamus.

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

I wonder if anyone knows their accuracy for series predictions thus far this post season.

linvetb6 and don grahamleone like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think peeps are more relaxed on shows than on the courts.

Dray is much fiercer on the court, as an analyst he is just following mainstream.

I do not think it is gonna be easy for them, and I do not believe we saw a vintage Lebron in that February game.

They are right as far as Offensive rebounding goes.

Let them dices fall where they may.

RasaqBoi and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

am i forgetting a game 7 we played? i keep hearing harden is bad in game 7's. i only remember 2 others with the rockets (i think i heard them say he's 3-1 so i guess there's an ancient thunder game 7). a triple double against the clippers, and then warriors game 7, which considering the elite defense, the draining series up to that point, and going 1 star vs 4 stars, it wasn't a bad game 7 by any stretch, considering how low-scoring and how much poor shooting there is in game 7's in general (and especially given the ref ****ery that took away at least three 3 point fouls that would have made the game look much much better).

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's really crazy. Even though I know the NBA is about to do everything in their power to get that coveted All-LA WCF, I'm more optimistic about this series than the OKC series. Harden loves to play against Lebron.

It's crazy no one in the media is picking HOU. Even with all these games they have seen the Rockets play, they still think size and rebounding is the biggest detriment to the rockets chances? Rockets may very well lose this series, but I don't have that sense of dread in the pit of my stomach I had with OKC.

bro2044, D-rock, amaru and 12 others like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because all the Harden and Lebron games were mostly in the regular season when Lebron is half easing himself into it with his million body investments and him being in the East for so long.

You have virtually zero Playoff data other than Heatles thrashing OKC young super stars.

Lakers are more of sure bet, Rox a risk and attractive risk for sure, nice series.

If you told me, washed up Jeff Green, McLemore, young House were contributors before the bubble, I wouldn't have believed you.

That's how much their names reverberated.
    They overachieved greatly and they deserved it.

I still think MDA is the weak link although he has a chip on his shoulder sticking it to his ex team.

#10 daywalker02, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The OKC series tested our metal at our worst we will shock the world if we just play 75% of what we are capable.

bro2044, clos4life, RasaqBoi and 4 others like this.
  12. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

If I remember correctly, our team has only lost to GSW in the past three playoffs. Is the LAL or LAC better than those warriors? Probably not.

The ceiling is up there we just have to execute and show up.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fakers have the best big rotation in a long time, they could ask Shaq to come out of retirement.....

Jk but yeah GSW was something else.
    But Lebron led teams were the 2nd or 3rd best teams.

So should be close if old man Bron decides to show up.

I also think you can't play Dwight many minutes but you can play him when Tucker is tired and sitting or in foul trouble.

Dare Westbrook to shoot 3s and attack, wear him out.

#13 daywalker02, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

The only thing I worry bout...when I just look as a pure objective basketball fan...is the fact we may run out of gas later in the series..playing every other night, the team without rest is at a major disadvantage.

linvetb6 likes this.
  15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I thought that, but being in the bubble, no traveling. no bus or plane rides. just walking back to your unit, and relaxing helps out quite a bit with the rest time.

16. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

It's irritating how Barkley tried to attribute the Rockets win on February to AD and Lebron not playing and Ernie had to correct him.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Expectations are low because it took them seven to close out a scrub thunder team plus Chris Paul.

That shouldn't matter though. It's always about the matchups and whether they gonna hustle for wins

clos4life likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I love the saying "test our mettle" but I always have to look up how to spell it. The English language is pretty messed up. Medal, meddle, mettle, and metal all sound exactly the same but all mean really different ****. Mettle apparently means "courage" but metal makes perfect sense to me with test. Like they tested the strength of our metal.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of words. I hope I didn't come off as a douche here. This isn't important in the grand scheme of things.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it was great, give us more of linguistic expositions

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Lakers were a better team in the regular season. They looked better in the first round. They have arguably the two best players in the series. They should be the favorite.

I also think if the Rockets approach this series like they are the underdog, that will help them.

Kim, amaru and AXG like this.