1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Scrubington

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Asian Sensation, Aug 14, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

"Solid" defense???

RoCo was FIRST in almost every defensive category and advanced stat.

Your takes are not just ignorant but you cannot even own up to the crap you spout.

Take your L and enjoy how wrong you were because you are a Rockets FIRST fan, but no, your agenda is more important than the team.

DVauthrin and Reeko like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Once again incorrect. Defense has always been widely misunderstood Around here.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

When dort is in the game that’s what they’re committed to opening up and have been all series.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

You were wrong about everything.

You do not understand +/- and you are delusional if you think Clint could shoot 3ball better than RoCo, let alone shoot 31% from 3.

Clint is injured to boot, you are truly clueless.

tycoonchip and Reeko like this.
  5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

It's obvious that Covington and Tucker will be as challenged playing against Davis and LeBron as they've been in their respective careers. And I think it's rather obvious that RoCo and PJ will lose that battle but I don't think they'll be eaten alive by them. They're both too tough, they're both too scrappy, and they both play with too much grit to be entirely dominated by AD and LeBron, at least the way most experts are saying they will be.

No two bigs on any single team would have an advantage over LeBron and AD, but I like our starting "bigs" against them as well as or better than anyone else's. And I don't think that's a ridiculous assessment given that we have the #1 defense in the bubble and given that a lot of that comes from PJ and RoCo.

If our guys are committed on defense, we have a chance to compete with anyone. When they're committed, and they're all locked in, they can at least bother most any shot. And how fun is it to watch a Rockets team that's becoming defined as much by its defense as its offense? The last time that happened we were busy winning two championships.

6. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

hah!! see what a little faith could do both of them step up in the right and perfect moment for us

francis 4 prez likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

How about u fck off with your ignorant ass posts. You got exposed again troll. Solid defense? Lmao, you’re so fcking clueless. All u spout is garbage, but then want to cry when u get exposed time and time again.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Caprah

Caprah Member

The OP is a troll .. the poor SOB was having great night eating his fortune cookies and watching a bad harden shooting night With great pleasure. Obviously he was getting ready to come here to celebrate a rockets loss and poor offensive game but then the block happened and he almost choked on his coockie In disbelief and anger that followed it..

D-rock likes this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yep and can they score as much as Harden and westbrook and mclemore if he gets to play and ego.. there is just alot of fire power on this rockets team. They got height.

10. Asian Sensation

Ninja please. You ain’t ****.

11. Asian Sensation

Oh hi Craprah I definitely must eat fortune cookies cause I’m Asian yeah? ****ing idiot.

daywalker02 and Little Bit like this.
  12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

You have continued to spew the line that the Rockets made zero adjustments to their switching defense from game 6 to game 7. In response you've been presented with multiple videos showing otherwise (I've added a 3rd below). In addition to that, you have the quote from MDA talking about the adjustment of having EG fighting through screens (like in the video clip) to stay on CP3 more. In addition to that, you confused elementary PnR defense concepts and claimed in the first video that Robert Covington switched onto CP3 where in fact his man was screening Gordon twice, and twice Covington showed and recovered.

There are many clips I can show from game 5 where the Rockets defender guarding Dort just switches cleanly onto the attacker and EG/Rivers/whoever is on the attacker cleanly switches onto Dort. (I say game 5 because I deleted game 6 out of frustration after the loss, lol, but I'm sure I can find it somewhere else) So there were subtle changes from game 6 (and game 5) to game 7 by the Rockets coaching staff in terms of defensive strategy, while keeping in mind that their main defensive foundation is still switching. Tomorrow is a new game and a new day and new changes may be needed, but I'm done with this. I think everyone reading this thread has concluded that you are quite uninformed about this single issue. Go Rockets.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Just take your L.

Reeko and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

jcmoon likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude is a closet waisis.

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i like having roco on this team. he fits perfectly. and he was overall great in game 7, but...

okc's last three 3's were all when roco fell down and then okc had a 5-on-4 and got an open 3. three times in the fourth quarter! of a game 7! like you can't by lying on the ground 3 times when the other team hits a 3 in the 4th quarter of game 7. either he's gotta learn to not fall, he's gotta figure out how to stand up like he's not 80 years old, or he better bust his ass to get back. in a game where okc scored 8 points in the final 8 minutes, i think 6 were on these plays. hopefully LA doesn't push it as much.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

The idiot that started this thread needs to take his L.

Reeko likes this.
  19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

He's played well most of the year but he's been MIA here. For most of this series Harden has been our second best defender. That can't happen.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

after round 1