1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (1)Milwaukee vs. (5)Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 29, 2020.

?

(1)Milwaukee vs. (5)Miami

Poll closed Aug 31, 2020.
  1. Bucks in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bucks in 6

30.8%
  4. Bucks in 7

7.7%
  5. Heat in 7

15.4%
  6. Heat in 6

38.5%
  7. Heat in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Heat in 4

7.7%
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Well the thing is Tomball is a part of Houston, let's be real. You can claim Houston pretty far out. That's why Jimmy not repping Houston is so bizarre.

hakeem94, saleem and TWS1986 like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was so wild

Rocket River

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Wow, those refs. It was a bad night for refs in the NBA. In this game 3 blown calls in the last minute. Of course the 2 last shooting fouls. Those were ridiculous. But also the turnover of Butler (that lead to the Lopez layup) George Hill was standing on the line while touching the ball. Should have been Heat ball.

It is amazing how inconsistent the refs are. The varies from game to game (and even minute to minute) if they call not letting a shooter land, or holding while trying to inbound.

This is really reducing my enjoyment of the NBA.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

harden almost gets injured in game 1 by someone getting in his landing space, play on. someone gets in iggy's landing space, flagrant foul.

in fact, after harden got hurt, roberson immediately did it again and actually got called for it, but still no thought of a flagrant, as if doing it twice in a row was an accident.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

Awful night for the refs indeed, my god did they try to control the outcome and did.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Pandemonium will breakout in Milwaukee if Giannis and co lose to Miami.

WestendMassive and hakeem94 like this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Here are the problems with Milwaukee:

1. Outside of Giannis and Middleton they don't have shot creators. They have shooters, yes, but they don't have shot creators. Everyone else is standing around waiting for Giannis to dribble drive and kick out for a pass. The problem with that is, aside from shooters going cold:

2. Giannis' offensive game is limited. It's grown tremendously since he was a rookie but it's still limited. Can he shoot 3s? Yes but it's not a shot opposing teams will respect and close out. So what does he resort to? Driving in head first and shoulders down to get to the bucket. That usually ends up with a dunk/score or an offensive foul. Once he gets into foul trouble...

3. See #1. But also Budenholzer really don't have a game plan if/when Giannis sits out. He has Bledsoe and/or Hill out there orchestrating the offense in Giannis' absence but neither are much of a threat because you're now either dealing with a miniature Giannis in Bledsoe or exclusive 3 point shooting with Hill on the floor. Any finally:

4. They going up against the worst possible team in the playoffs. Miami don't play scared and they definitely aren't scared of the Bucks/Giannis. As much as I hate Riley that franchise do three things at an elite level: scouting, drafting and coaching. They got Herro playing significant minutes in the second round of the playoffs and live with his rookie mistakes because they know he'll make up for it on the offensive end. That kind of trust from Spoelstra is awesome to see. This doesn't mention the fact that Dragic is dialing back the clock to vintage Goran either.

If the Bucks pull this one out it'll be in 7 games but I can't see Budenholzer make enough changes to tip the scales. Miami has defenders and shooters to keep up with Milwaukee every step of the way.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

1 and 2 sounds like the Rockets, to be honest. Giannis is just a better Westbrook while Middleton is just a worse Harden.

hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  9. steddinotayto

lol i agree! Whenever I watch the Bucks I think "Giannis is a taller version of Russ and we know how that works out". The crazy thing about Giannis is that he can still get better and that doesn't even involve 3 point shooting. If he can develop a 10-12 ft jumper or hook shot it would be a tremendous counter to the wall teams build to prevent him from driving in. I might not like the kid due to his unnecessary jabs at Harden but respect the heck out of his work ethic. I wouldn't be surprised if he came into next season with a hook/jump shot.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

He really needs to call up Hakeem and work with him every summer. It's strange that he hasn't since they (per Hakeem) are from the same Nigerian tribe and Hakeem seems to praise him whenever he is asked about him. Kid has the ability to master a lot of Hakeem's moves if he puts his mind to it.

I don't mean this to be offensive, but now that Kobe has passed, Giannis needs to find someone else to work with during the summer...he's mentioned Lebron...and hopefully Lebron tells Giannis to do what he did...and go work with Hakeem.

Or not, I honestly have no problem with him getting beat in the playoffs year after year.

Jontro likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

Lebron and other superstars have had invited Giannis to train with them multiple times and he has always rejected them.
    Supposedly he doesn't want to "give up his secret moves" or whatever is that supposed to mean. Or make friends with the "enemies".

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. steddinotayto

The funny thing is that he doesn't even have to go far because Brook Lopez had a really really good inside game when he was on the Nets.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Have we underestimated Speolstra?

Rocket River

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Miami has had the bucks number to date. But wait look who comes in with the Bucks down 0-2

Good ole Scott Foster

15. malakas

malakas Member

Will Bud get fired if the Bucks get swept?
    He refuses to make any major adjustment

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I think he just knows Harden is a bit of a head case and that's why he wanted no part of the Rockets.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Gigantically, same with Jimmy Butler. The defense they're playing is remarkably good. Plus, Butler doesn't need to have a great game for them to win. They win as a team, lots of contributors. I really enjoy this team. Dragic has always been a favorite of mine but Butler and Crowder are gritty and then you've got Herro playing serious ball and Duncan Robinson lighting it up with Adebayo playing with tons of energy. Spo runs a 9-10 man rotation, take notes DAntoni.

18. plates300

plates300 Member

Miami has always been a well coached team and a very good team defensively as long as Spoelstra has been coach. Nothing would make me happier than a Miami sweep of Milwaukee.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. WestendMassive

Another landing zone flagrant, it's amazing how everyone else gets that call

20. plates300

plates300 Member

seriously. Klay even purposely stepped forward into Harden's landing zone multiple times in that game 7 and not a danged call was given.

RayRay10 and WestendMassive like this.