1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 9/2/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 1, 2020.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Regular season Harden gets a lot of leeway. We need to adjust and have to some degree. Harden hasn't been the one that's been in attack mode btw so his free throws dropping makes sense, also with Dort being a great defender who really doesn't foul that often. Even some calls Harden gets are not really fouls, but is Harden initiating contact. If you want to believe in some conspiracy, fine, but this time it's just not true. Have the refs been giving us some soft calls to extend the series? Perhaps, but that's always an issue in the NBA and not something against the Rockets per se.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

will harden reactivate his midrange tonight? Its a perfect weapon for a close games especially because noone expects him to take one

D-rock, RayRay10 and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think we win in a blow out tonight.

if we lose.
    1) MDA is a FA and will not have any teams knocking on his door (not even Indy if we lose tonight) (100% he's gone 75% he has no offers if we lose)
    2) 50/50 Morey is fired. I like him but Tilman has been itching to axe him since his Tweet. (50%)
    3) Russ needs to go. I didn't like the trade in the first place but a loss here would mean we went 1-2 with Russ in the playoffs. See if we can get any decent offers (probably not) (10%)
    4) Eric will be salary dumped. (55%)
    5) It would probably be best to recoup what we lose in the Russ from last year by shipping out Harden. It's time to let Harden shine somewhere else. It's just not going to work here. (1%)
    6) 3 and 5 are unlikely. Tilman will bring in a new head coach that they both want but probably isn't very good. Ty Lue or Mark Jackson type and we just continue as a playoff team that has no shot of winning. (80%)
    7) we abandon small ball and find ways to add an every day traditional big with a jump shot (95%)

I still think we win tonight but if we lose this game has more implications than any game in Harden's tenure as a Rocket. It's definitely a legacy defining game whether you agree with that or not. I personally don't but I know the masses will never let him forget this game if he loses.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets have nobody else to blame for being in this position by throwing away games 3 and 4 with boneheaded last-minute decisions and a lack of defensive intensity.

Harden, Morey and D’Antoni’s legacies are on the line tonight. They have always lost to more talented teams, but that isn’t the case in this series. When they lock in, the Rockets are the better team, but they have to bring it on both ends for 48 minutes. If they don’t, they will lose, and the legacies of Harden, Morey and D’Antoni will be tarnished. Westbrook will not be viewed as the MVP-caliber player that was carrying the Thunder after Durant left, either.

I hope the Rockets play like their hair is on fire and stomp all the life out of the Thunder in the first half. That’s what a championship-caliber team would do. I hope D’Antoni plays only the guys getting it done, and has the balls to bench guys playing like garbage (looking at you Eric Gordon). I hope Eric Gordon decides he wants to have fun tonight and plays a good game. I hope Russell Westbrook plays within himself and takes only smart shots and makes smart decisions. I hope Tucker brings his corner three point stroke and Covington keeps shooting the ball like he has the last few games.

#245 DVauthrin, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    RayRay10, jcmoon, YOLO and 4 others like this.
  6. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I just realized, if Rockets win the games against the Lakers won't be shown in China.............welp, the fix is in.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Could be a blessing in disguise because then we might actually make the tough decisions and choices needed to actually put ourselves in position to win a championship.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

source?

9. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Multiple hot sauces.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. csc177

csc177 Member

I've got an uneasy feeling about this one. I just know if we lose, a lot is going to change, a lot. New look team going into next year and beyond.

I've gone into these elimination games for the last handful of years thinking you know who was going to ball out, cement his legacy and silence the haters.

We shall see....(i haven't held my breathe)

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Nick_713, D-rock, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Yup

I wouldn't say tarnished. I would say a missed opportunity to advance them. If we go down in flames, their legacies will remain the same. Same meaning here as fallen short.

+1000 on all of this. But I will add that when everything is on the line, and you have to reach deep inside to find the strength and will to overcome, it cant always be found. Its not a switch that you can just turn on when you need it.

Which team wins tonight will be the one whose key guys find the zone and dont get distracted out of it.

RayRay10 and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. haiti_king

haiti_king Member

Lol...buckle your seatbelts

RayRay10 and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I agree with everything but 3 and 5 as well. I loved the Russ trade and would do it again as we speak. I'm not to belabor all my past points right now, but it's still a no brainier, especially considering the souring relationships that needed to separate. Harden leaving I'm all for, the only problem is there's only a handful of players I'd actually trade him for, none of which I'm sure are available, even for him. Some have stated that they would never do it because he's the face of the franchise and he's been loyal to us etc. But, will you feel that way when you get the Woj bomb that he wants out? I think that's coming in the next season or two, I'm just trying to stay ahead of the curve there.

15. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Counterpoint:

D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Thank god your gut did't think they would win ... lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Agreed. The Rockets need to be as loose as possible tonight. I’m not saying they shouldn’t be aware of the gravity of the situation, but, if they put additional pressure on themselves, it’s more likely they won’t play as well.

D-rock, Rudyc281 and hakeem94 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You know now who they're rooting for;)

CK Johnson and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets are 4th in the playoffs in drives per game

fake news

bro2044 and D-rock like this.
  20. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Got it. The two worst percentages are Harden and Westbrook. Good to know. Would of never guessed.........#FML

bro2044 likes this.