1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Did you end up being more successful than your HS classmates?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Who banged the prom queen and scored four touchdowns in a single hs football game?

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I played high school debate and once scored four perfect refutations in a single debate..

generalthade_03 likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Trick question.

Thanos is the answer.

Jontro likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lemme guess, you were also handy with the pron queen on many occasions.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

He's Bizarro Al Bundy

6. conquistador#11

"Damn homie, back in high school you was the man, homie. What the F' happened to you?"

"This thread is dedicated to all the teachers that told me I'll never amount to nothin' "

"Back then Hoes didn't want me. Now hot hoes on me. "

#66 conquistador#11, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    Yung-T likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Money wise, yes, but probably not by much. Also, many of my HS friends took unconventional paths or have unconventional careers. They are happy so who really cares. Also, I'm already graying in some spots of my hair at 33 so really I am losing in the only metric that matters.

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I went to high school with a famous film director, a TV news anchor, an NFL player, an NBA player, several lawyers (one is now a judge) and doctors, a couple of wealthy (one kind of famous, one intentionally secretive) finance guys, an Austin lobbyist/poltical consultant, two inventors, a city manager, a university professor, some accomplished artists, a retired Army colonel, a theater actor, a Julliard piano player, two pastors, a couple of guys who started a very successful regional business and an assortment of teachers, ranchers, and professionals. Then there are the girls who married doctors, lawyers, and such. So by a money comparison or a fame comparison, there are definitely people who did better than I have.

Of course, I also went to school with a convenience store robber, a horse thief, some drug dealers, a bunch of drug users, ex-cons, barflys, several people who now have multiple divorces, etc. I like most of those folks.

The only classmates I don't particularly care for are those who were once humble dope smoking libertines but later in life became finger-wagging politically-motivated religious zealots.

arkoe likes this.
  9. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Class of 1979, so it was a long time ago. There were a lot of slackers in my school who got high on a daily basis as well as the studious kinds and the serious jocks who went on to play pro balls. I joined the service right out of high school and it took me all over the world. I have no way of knowing how they would turned out.

However; I have been truly truly blessed in my life. Married the love of my life who’s happened to be a beauty queen with heart and brain to match. Had a successful medical career and sold 2 of my O&P inventions(AFOs) to Ossur and became a multimillionaire overnight.

That has allowed me to retire early to play music and do my ministry work. Like I’ve said, I am truly blessed.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

@Haymitch after finding patches of white in his hair

[​IMG]

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Did you go to Ridgemont?

ima_drummer2k, King1 and TWS1986 like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I like that. I wonder if I should change my handle to "Bizarro Al Bundy"

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Did you go to school with these guys.
    [​IMG]

And congratulations on making it and retiring early!

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The only thing you weren't blessed with is hops.

+

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I actually like going on Facebook every now and then and stalking....er, uh...checking up on some of my old HS classmates. It's actually kind of cool to see how they've turned out.
    • They guy who spent all his time talking about sports....now has his own sports talk show up north.
    • The girl who spent all of her time talking about how she wanted to move to Ireland....is now living in Ireland.
    • The girl who said she would never get married or have kids....is now a stay at home mom with 4 kids.
    • The little brother of my friend who we used to pick on incessantly....is now the Dean of the College of Engineering at Penn State and actually has a wing of our HS named after him. (suffice to say he got the last laugh)

It's just interesting to me to see where 30 years of life has taken some people. But not interesting enough to ever go to a reunion.... Most of my good friends were either a year older or a year younger than me, so I wouldn't have any fund at a reunion anyway.

I'm pretty happy with where I've ended up. Got a hot wife and 2 awesome kids, a dog, good career, just moved into our dream home in July, still playing music (albeit in a wedding band), lost 50 pounds this year and kept it off...actually I've never been more happy or content with my life as I am right now, so no reason to care if I'm doing "better" or "worse" than people from HS. It's all relative anyway.

Colt45, Yung-T, TWS1986 and 1 other person like this.
  16. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Huge congrats! Dropping weight and keeping it off can be one of those great life accomplishments. Not easy to do.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Nah, just a little town that happened to have a university and a few other notable differences from most small towns.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Screenshot_20200902-153346_Google.jpg

19. generalthade_03

Lol...yes Judo. The hair was awsome back then. I used to walk around school with a big ass afro(thanks to Jim Kelly) and a full Kung Fu outfit(thanks to Bruce Lee and Grasshopper Carradine). Times were simpler back then, we solved differences with our fists and not bullets.

Thanks bro for the kind words. Living my best second life in semi retirement now.

20. generalthade_03

Lol..I do alright with a 31.5" vertical.