1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JAMES FRAUDEN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 9, 2015.

?

Have you given up on James Harden?

1. Yes, Harden makes me soften.

47.2%
  2. No, give him more time to be as good of a leader as T-Mac.

52.8%
  1. Asian Sensation

That’s great and all but too bad a series doesn’t end in game 3. Not taking anything away from that performance but the lasting memory is how he finished the series.

Speaking of last year .... KD went down in the 3rd quarter of game 5 in a series tied at 2-2 with the 4th quarter and series control up for grabs. All he had to do was win the 4th quarter and we take a 3-2 series lead and a chance to close them out in 6 at home.

Passive/Front runner Harden:
    Game 5. He finished the game with 31 points on efficient shooting but he disappeared when it mattered most. 26 of those 31 came in the first 3 quarters. Attempting only 3 shots in the 4th quarter with the game on the line is not going to get it done.

The Harden I hate talking about every summer:

Game 6. 7/12 FT’s, 5 assists and 6 TO’s with 4 of them coming in a close 4th quarter elimination game. -10 for the game. It’s the exact opposite of Curry. He had zero points at halftime. Goes for 10 in the 3rd and pops off for 23 points in the 4th quarter. Can’t blame CP3 for not showing up either which seems to be a popular belief amongst some. He went for 27/11/6 in his final game as a Rocket.

durvasa and Jimmy Chase like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean he was money in 2018 and he's one of the most trustworthy ball handlers along when being money in the mid range during late game situations.

Jimmy Chase and HP3 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

We got one more game. You guys should at least wait until after its over.

D-rock likes this.
  4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No need to shift the goalposts for another poster. The claim that @jordonnn was responding to was "James Harden has never taken over in the 4th quarter of a playoff game" He posted one where he did.

#2564 harold bingo, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Uhh...I think you mean @jordnnnn right? I dont think I've said anything about Harden's 4h quarters in this thread.

D-rock and harold bingo like this.
  6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He's not a bear and CP3 knows this. It's why he is comfy saying what he said.

Little Bit likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

I feel like he's playing mental games with Harden. This might make Harden more self conscious but hopefully it can actually fuel fire in him to be far more aggressive in late game situations.

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, whoops. Fixed it.

HP3 likes this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

klay thompson, iggy and draymond kept the warriors in that game when curry had zero. I think klay at halftime had the same amont of points as harden

D-rock likes this.
  10. HardenVolumeOne

Harden will NEVER get credit, dude is hated by everyone

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

The play that MDA drew up was for Russ to get the ball back to Harden.

He ad libbed.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

I'm laughing through the tears, Clutch.

So Saith Red and HP3 like this.
  13. fchowd0311

Is it difficult.to you to admit that Harden makes it difficult for himself to get the ball in close tight games because he has sluggish feet in those moments?

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

How sluggish were his feet when dove from FT line to save Russ' blooper of a miss?

15. fchowd0311

I wish he had that hustle to get free for a clean passing lane for a teammate to pass him the ball.

Like I WANT Harden to have the ball at the end of games. Why wouldn't you?

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Of course I want Harden to have the ball in crunch time, unlike you I actually believe he is a great player.

The play that MDA drew up was for Harden to get the ball back after setting the screen.

Russ ad libbed on that last play.

17. fchowd0311

You know the posts where I literally say that Harden is a top 25 player of all time suggests that I think he's a great player.

You just have issues with criticism of Harden.

18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Harden is the most amazing basketball player I have ever seen. Literally, the only thing he can’t do on the court is finish off playoff games. Perhaps, just like he did with his defense, he will work his tail off and become more dominating at the end of playoff games. He seems to lose focus and take stupid shots and make careless passes and get easily frustrated. Misses quite a few free throws in the final minutes too. Those are correctable traits.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I can criticize Harden, I blamed him for this loss.

He needed to assert himself, demand ball especially when Russ was obviously hurting team.

But this series is between 2 teams with same record, 4th vs. 5th is SUPPOSED to be the most heated series.

Every loss you show up to **** on Harden. There is no middle ground for you.

Top 25 offensive player is just your back handed compliment, its BS.

20. fchowd0311

No you don't because every time someone brings up the point that Harden has issues asserting himself in late game situations, it's met with the likes of you and Caprah witch hunting and shaming any posters who bring this up. It's kinda sad.

Being a top 25 player of all time is a backhanded compliment? I never made it a condition that it was "offensive" only. When I mention only offense I've routinely said he's top 10 somewhere