1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon makes 18% of this 3 pointers in this series..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swedish-olajuwon, Sep 1, 2020.

1. swedish-olajuwon

Eric Gordon is Houston's second best scorer in the playoffs this far.

Gordon is averaging 7 threepointers per game in the playoffs meanwhile roughly making 1 of them per contest and he is making 18% of his 3 pointers this far.

Eric Gordon has the lowest 3 point FG % in the playoffs among players who shoot 2 threepointers or more per game and in Eric's case, he shoots 7 of them PER GAME.

Where is the coaching, how many crappy 3 pointer bricks are we going to have to see from this guy before the coach tells him to focus on driving, where he has been doing great during these series.

jdhi, roslolian, King1 and 6 others like this.
  2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I never get why a shooter like Gordon just bricks almost every game. How did you make that? Do you even have any shooting Practice?

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

At least we didn’t pay him..

PhilCollins and ThatBoyNick like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is a crazy stat. the only person I have seen just lose his shot is Fultz and he might have a nerve condition.

Jontro and hakeem94 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he was always poor shooter in houston and would have an exceptional month or 2 once in a year that would average out his %

lost of the handles is more amazing to me...his handles were perfect in game 5 only to become the worst handles ever in game 6

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he is moving well and obviously he isnt getting benched hopefully the levee finally breaks

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

gallo/schroeder/paul/etc hitting contested 3's while our scrubs brick wide open looks all series smh. this franchise is truly cursed

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I absolutely despise Eric Gordon...there hasn’t been a single player in the NBA the past 20 years that I’ve hated more than I currently hate him...this guy is unwatchable

this scrub damn near has me poppin blood vessels during the game since this series started

everything about him makes me incredibly frustrated...it’s not a good look for me, but I can’t help it

fck this dude, and I mean that

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Great coaching job by Dan Tony to keep rolling him out there and have him crater our offense.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

MDA must be the father on EG’s birth certificate...he keeps trotting his son out there no matter how garbage he plays

it’s things like this and keeping Russ in the game late in the 4th even tho he looks like he hasn’t even touched a basketball in weeks that make people not respect MDA

roslolian and ak99999 like this.
  12. Spooner

Spooner Member

I don't mean to ever call players out. They try to the best of their abilities and in Eric's case maybe he is trying too hard. As I'm sure many others here have done, I have adamantly supported the Rockets for decades now. I've willfully sat through getting embarrassed in playoff series in the past and never once thought about tuning out. I watched every rocket game when our best player was Kevin Martin. I willfully sat through the Luther Head years, the Matt Maloney years, the Calvin Cato years. Never did I think to change the channel or go do something else with my time. Yesterday for the first time ever in my life, I had the inherent urge to turn the TV off during a rockets game. A playoff game. At this point in the game we had A LEAD and I wanted to turn the TV off. I bleed rockets red and support the team no matter what. I have to say however, there has never been a player like this Gordon fellow. He single handedly ruins the experience of watching basketball for me. I never thought one player would have that kind of effect on the viewing experience of a game. The poor shooting I can live with. (i guess) He puts his hands in the air in exasperation so much after so many inexcusably boneheaded mistakes and missed layups that I wouldn't be surprised if its his go to animation in the next NBA 2k game. Every time he touches the ball I can barely look at the screen anymore. (on the off chance he actually catches the ball and it doesn't go through his fingers or hit him on the head.) Out of control drives to nowhere, or shooting the ball repeatedly from half court (wtf!!!) or dribbling off his foot for the 90th time or just falling down for no apparent reason. It looks like a short chubby guy on ice skates with the IQ of a shellfish. At least we can be thankful he never passes the ball to anyone because on the rare off chance he actually does that it either goes to the other team or out of bounds. I never thought there would be a rockets team conceivably bad enough to keep me from being interested and watching. I never thought one player would make me want to turn off a playoff game that we are winning. A team this year that I love the construction of. Im tired of watching eric gordon. I have zero faith in the guy at this point and I wish that weren't the case. He is singlehandedly ruining the joy of basketball for me. Looking forward to a Rockets win tomorrow even if I'm filled with dread in having to watch gordon play another game. LOL

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

at least it's not 17%

roslolian and TAB like this.
  14. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Totally agree, after watching the end of game 3 and then the meltdown towards the end of game 4 I actually changed the channel, and I stopped watching at halftime in game 6 (when we had a lead.. in the playoffs) bc I suspected what was coming and I wasn't going to be that invested that late at night in a team that gives no Fks. Never happened before and never in the playoffs, embarrassing.

bro2044 likes this.
  15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Morey must have been high af giving this dude 3 more years.

bro2044 and PeterKingX like this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Probably mental at this point. I swear I see him in the pregame and half time shootarounds swishing everything.

He should be camped in the corner like Tucker at this point

roslolian and Sanctity like this.
  17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey should be fired for recruiting so many bad shooters to implement his bs basketball theory that do not take any mid range shots!

18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Shooters shoot...i expect his shot to come back....hopefully soon.

Its all mental with that guy, that much is clear.

ICEibuPROfen likes this.
  19. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Not much time left. It’s do or die.

bro2044 likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Gordon is to MDA as Brewer is to McHale. We were sure that he must have had the coach's nude photo.

Baqui99 likes this.