1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/31/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 30, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Question is if they hold onto MDA and Gordon if it's a 6 game loss against LA.

They could say anyone could lose to LA.
    That would get interesting.

Microball for another year with GSW back on the fold.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The NBA isn’t professional wrestling but the front office absolutely mandates how referees handle certain matchups and individual ref accountability is non existent. This is far from Rockets only related but we have been victims on several occasions.

RayRay10, HP3, deb4rockets and 2 others like this.
  3. gogispade

gogispade Member

Dude, step by step. First we have to win game 7, then we'll talk about game 6 with LAL. But with ups & downs like in this series, I think Lebron can punish us with a 1-4.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think there's any chance D'Antoni is coming back. He's a successful and proud coach who Tilman has treated like an interim placeholder in their contract negotiations. I don't think Mike will want to coach for this owner anymore if he has other options.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True, I am just figuring out the overall narrative, not the every day tactics. :)

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it's no accident that our 3 losses have come at the hands of ed malloy, tony brothers, and marc davis. our poor clutch play and idiot coach also had a hand in these losses, but silver's hand was there to tip the scales just as much

snowconeman22, PiPdAdY33 and jcmoon like this.
  7. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

This. Harden deferred to Russ because he is the leader and that's just the way it is. Harden knows he needs Russ to advance.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden needs to stop deferring late in games - he needs to be the guy.

Westbrook so wants to be the guy, he CRAVES it but he is not good enough.

DD

Patience, payaso and bro2044 like this.
  9. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Harden needs to have that give me the dang ball and end this series in the 4th man, Its a lot of times he doesn't want to do it, It pains me when you see player like, Leonard came back in when Mavs was coming back and then he want to his unstoppable mid range game and it was over, Its just frustrating that Westbrook has that "I want the ball and end this" but doesnt have that skillset of Harden

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Watching the last play again, Westbrook chose the wrong passing option but if it was drawn up like that...........it was actually a well set out plan............Westbrook just chose the wrong side to pass to, he had Harden open behind him and Tucker open in the corner and even an open lane for a lay up. He made Chris Paul switch sides.

Patience, RayRay10 and Fyreball like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

baller4life315 likes this.
  13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I can’t watch another Scott Foster game 7.

The “not watching” movement for tomorrow’s game is making more and more sense.

Communist and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The last play of game 6 should have been a Harden step back 3. We know he would get his sh_t handed to him if he drove it to the rim and the thought of him kicking it out to one of our role players for a clutch 3 pointer is not worth trying given how unreliable they are. So, it’s Harden stepback 3 or bust in my book. The greats will make it.

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Just popping in to say something others have probably said: The blocking call against Jeff Green, for standing in the same place for about 2 full seconds and getting run over, was one of the worst calls I've seen this year.

Patience, Communist, RayRay10 and 5 others like this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think even better would be for all the starters to force ejection from foster's whistle. if anything, game 7 could at least serve as a coming out party for silver and the league that the worldwide media would not be able to ignore

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. MystikArkitect

Rockets win game 7 in a blow out. If House had just hit a free throw this all could've been avoided but it is what it is.

Russ is still rusty and it shows. He was forcing things thus the turnovers. The end game was on Mike as he should've had a play to free up Harden. Give OKC credit. They did to us what we did to Dort. Doubled and denied Harden the ball and made Russ airball and turn over.

Theyll be fine but Lakers series is going to be the most insufferable series of the last decade. If yall thought the Warriors were bad...Lebron plus an entitled fan base is going to take it to 11.

joshuaao, hakeem94 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

To all the people in here clamoring on about Harden not getting the ball on the last possession...... THAT PLAY WAS FOR JAMES. Russ was supposed to allow James to come around the House screen, which would have initiated the switch from OKC. But the problem is Russ went flying in there without assessing how OKC was playing it, got caught in the air when the defender blew up the passing lane, and decided to toss it blindly back to House. That play call was for Harden, and Russ ****ed it up royally.

HP3 likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

over the previous 3 postseasons, the rockets are 0-7 when scott foster is reffing

the numbers don't lie / take that for data

BigM likes this.