1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have a 45% 3pt shooter stuck on the bench!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jake Stewart, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

I don’t care how bad he is at defending no excuse whatsoever that McLemore is playing zero minutes. For a team that does nothing but shoot 3’s you would think we would want our best shooter out there ‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️

hakeem94 and bilaal14 like this.
  2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Ben defence is not good. Eric Gordon still dont forget previous years vs warriors to those silly 3 points. He should shoot 2 points instead. We can start House and bench Gordon.

3. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Fck that gordon.trash...mcamore should be getting all his minutes

bilaal14 and PeterKingX like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

a 45% percent shooter is useless if you can't get him shots.

I don't know if you've noticed but OKC has gotten smart since game 1, and started not him get any open looks at all on drive and kicks, They just sag off a lesser shooter and make Mclemore make the extra pass.

Because McLemore cannot dribble, or drive or do anything else, he's just useless out there when they zone in on him. Maybe it's MDA's fault that he can't call a play to free up McLemore, but maybe it's just McLemore isn't good enough to get open for a shot.

HP3 likes this.
  5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

McLemore can be effective even for spacing purposes on offense. If they're not hunting him on defense, he should get some time, but OKC hunts him a lot. The playoffs are more about exploiting your opponent's glaring weaknesses than it is about pounding your strengths (from Dunc'd On, not my original thought).

joshuaao and bilaal14 like this.
  6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Sucks on d... his shot doesn’t make up for that. Will be even more unplayable next series If we make it.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

McLemore the former lottery pick.

Stephanie greets.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Where’s the Ryan Anderson fan club. Seems like Bmac would be their guy. Just him being out there creating space makes the team better, right?

I dunno. Seems like maybe Toni could find him some minutes somewhere to see if he’s hot. I mean, if he at least gets a few minutes maybe he would be warm enough for offensive situations at the end of games.

9. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Give more minutes to Jeff, if westbrooks play less minutes in game 7. Dont give it to Eric Gordon to shoot those missing 3.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I was saying this after games 3 and 4 but 6 came down entirely to none headed turnovers. McLemore can't stop Westbrick from blind tosses 7 times. Calvin Murphy was beside himself about the 22 turnovers. I must concur.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean he's our worst perimeter defender by far. He's a large liability on this switch style defense.

tycoonchip likes this.
  12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I said this in the game thread. House should start simply because he helps stretch the floor when Westbrook is on the floor. Let Eric get his legs back against the second unit and go against shroeder. We can not have two non shooters on the floor at the same time Ever!

13. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

The strength of defence is so strong in playoff, 45 percent will drop to 30

14. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Yeah the first two games where we won, he made some good shots.

play him d-anotoni for goodness sake

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely think he deserves minutes. He has hit daggers all year. I love gordon but he is completely off on offense.

16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

This board pulls the same stuff every year. The guy all of a sudden, just like the Manimal last year, can’t play a lick of defense. How about this....our coach just sucks and hasn’t ever been to the Finals because he coaches differetly in the playoffs than he does during the regular season.